I am so sick of entitlement

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
aescuder said:
blaqknoise said:
Flamezdudes said:
blaqknoise said:
'Homophobic'

I just don't like that word, it doesn't make sense to me.

A phobia is a fear, so "homophobic" would mean a fear of gays.
How does that not make sense to you? Homophobics hate and fear homosexuals.
Hate, yes, but not fear.

Often times the two emotions compliment and feed off of each other.

?Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.? -Yoda
You have a good point.

But I'm afraid I may have to shoot you for quoting the prequel trilogy.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
viranimus said:
Lolwut.
Bro,
Not sure if you're just trolling or stupid ATM.
I mean, it's obvious that you're just hating on free speech, which i am entilted to.
Dude, such a grammar nazi.
When i read your post i just Lol'd and Rofled.
K?
Such a fanboy!!!!!111!!!!1!!!1!
I'm boycotting your threads from now on.

And don't bother arguing, because i will decimate you.

DISCALIMER: Because i know the escapist doesn't really 'get' sarcasm, i am inclined to explain that i didn't mean this post in a serious way, and that it is indeed, sarcastic.

tikalal

Dec 17, 2009
xdom125x said:
"Irony", mainly because people are using it in the place of "appropriate" or "coincidental".

tikalal said:
Zoomy said:
People who express how little they care about something with "I could care less". No, you fools, it's couldn't.
I think they mean they care so little it's impossible to care any less. Seems fine to me.
But if they meant that, they would have said "I couldn't care less". If somebody says that they "could care less", they are saying that they care about the subject at hand and therefore could care less.
I find people saying "I could care less" annoying because they are saying the exact opposite of what they mean and they aren't saying it sarcastically.
Haha whoops I didn't read that original post properly. I thought they were ragging on "Couldn't care less", not "could care less". I actually agree.

Sep 14, 2009
Dr Snakeman said:
gmaverick019 said:
Subwayeatn said:
"bro" and "cluster.

I hate "bro" only when referring to an actual brother, it just sounds so forced. I have a brother, and i usually only call him by his name.

And "cluster"... i don't really know, its just the way people say it. CCCkkhhllluster. *shivers*
i suppose that sound does annoy me also, my dad and my aunt do it purposely within earshot of myself with that sound, saying things like "Want to go get some caCKKKKKKKKKKKKKEKEKEKEKEKEKEEEEEEE" or "CKKKKKKKKKKKKould we use the weed waCKKEkKEKEKEKERRR when your done?"

it drives me insane, i know that it is just part of some languages/cultures/accents, but PLEASE SPEAK NORMAL ENGLISH LIKE YOU WERE TAUGHT TO DO, do not add that gargle "ckckckck" sound into words..
I just wanted to say that i have no idea what you're talking about. How, exactly, do you draw out a "ck" sound? I've never heard that in my life.
its not as much as drawing it out as much as it is over enunciating it, when i say the word cake, i say it simply as " kay-ke", while my aunt and dad purposefully say "Kay CKEEE", where it sounds like they just did a fuckin hadouken mid pronunciation while gargling on some massive amounts of crackers.

its hard to explain over text, but if you heard it, and you heard it often, its like nails on a chalkboard.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Elementlmage said:
J03bot said:
Elementlmage said:
J03bot said:
blaqknoise said:
'Homophobic'

I just don't like that word, it doesn't make sense to me.

A phobia is a fear, so "homophobic" would mean a fear of gays.
Technically it means fear of the same.
Ahhh, I see what you did there... or did you?
Did I what? I don't see what I did there, and now I'm worried about it... I was just being pedantic in greek.
You know...projection, insecurity, internalization... kmon, you made a funny!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homophobia#Internalized_homophobia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ego-dystonic_sexual_orientation

What I am trying to say is that there is a homophobic sub-set that is homophobic in order to hide the fact that they are homosexual or fear their own sexuality. I was trying to point out your bit of (unintentional) irony.
Wow! I made a joke so sophisticated even I didn't get it!
As it happens I'm... ambiguous on the whole attraction issue. So close to asexual that it doesn't really matter.

Thinking about it again, most 'homophobes' are in fact phallophobic. They fear dong. It's unlikely that they're gynophobic - everyone thinks lesbians are cool, right?

Hides His Eyes

Jul 26, 2011
LKArtillery said:
"Ironic".

Specifically, when people (read: hipsters) use the word as a state of being. You can't "be" ironic. You can do something that is ironic because of a situation, but saying "I'm being ironic" makes no sense gramatically and all of the other misuses of the word drive me apeshit.

I don't know whether to blame Alanis Morrisette or who what have you, but argh. The word you're looking for is "sarcastic", people. Bad grammar is not cool. ;-;
Everyone says the only ironic thing about that song is that it's called Ironic when none of the things mentioned in the lyrics are ironic. But the other ironic thing about it is that it caused a lot of Brits to believe US citizens have no idea what irony is... but Morisette's Canadian. XD