I am so sick of entitlement

Move127

Jul 29, 2011
I can't stand when people write ect. instead of etc. Ec tetera is nonsense, but et cetera means "and the others."

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
People who stick a 'h' into assume.

No, not in the actually spelling, in how they pronounce it. Asshume, and they put SO much empasis on the 'h'. I hear it WAY too often.

Here's how to pronounce it (both American and British):

http://www.oxfordadvancedlearnersdictionary.com/dictionary/assume

Lady Larunai

Nov 30, 2010
Personally I do not hate the words its more an annoyance by the people that use them

i'll make a short list

homophobic
anti-feminist
sexist

these words i hate more for the use of them.. IE "if you don't agree with me it makes you one of the above."

controversial

and this one i hate as i work in media and controversial is short for flavor of the week

dark_mist34

Nov 24, 2009
when you ask some if they mind (insert question for permission here aka if a go ahead of you)
they say yes so you don't then they ask why you didn't. Yes to a do you mind question is like saying no Like yes I do mind if you cut in front of me the the line.
Also people who do not get hindsight and complain about how they would of done things differently if they had know then what they know now.

Fangface74

Lock 'n' Load
Feb 22, 2008
The amount of people here posting a 'pet peeve' while indicating they don't fully understand their own premise, whilst also unknowingly presenting some grammatical curiosities of their own, is irritating.

Oh well, Ce la vie.

OT: Here in the UK it's become 'street' to assume that the dumber you sound, the tougher you sound. The component that annoys me the most is pronouncing 'th' as 'f'.

"See you Fursday"

"Fro me the ball"

"One, two, free, four"

"Fanks"

"I was finking about that" (doubtful)

Message to British teenagers; You don't sound hard, you sound fick!

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
"epic" it lost all meaning epic is a HUGE medieval battlefield with stuff like erupting volcanoes and thunder storms not some kind of game.

"biological" they use this term here in Holland to specify stuff that has been grown without the use of fertilizer or pesticide,s.
THE REAL MEANING IS STUFF GROWN NOT STUFF GROWN WITHOUT CHEMICALS!

"that,s sexist/racist" NO IT ISN'T!

also people censoring their own words like "heck" with "hell" there are more examples it just sounds stupid.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
*slight chuckle* people who are homophobic are paralyzed by fear of things that are the same or have similar qualities.

I-Protest-I

Nov 7, 2009
When I spell recognise with an 's' and some asshole comments it needs to have a z. I'm British, it's an s here for the love of god >.<

nklshaz

Nov 27, 2010
When people say "veggies" instead of "vegetables". I don't know why, but it grinds on my nerves to no end.

Also "sexist" and "racist", because they are often misused. Example: I was watching a trailer for the Mortal Kombat Skarlet DLC. Someone in the comments section complained that there weren't enough female characters in the roster. So I said, (As a joke) "Well, 7 girls equals 14 boobs to 21 guys, so I don't think it's too unbalanced ;P " (I actually put in the little smiley face emoticon so they would know that it was a joke.) So this person sends me a reply calling me a sexist pig. I was not being sexist. Saying that among 7 females there would be 14 boobs is not a prejudice, it's a fact! I then replied to her saying, "Fine I'll be fair. 21 guys equals 42 testicles, so now it's unbalanced again. Happy now? " Surprise, surprise: she wasn't happy.

And lastly, I hate it when people use the wrong form of they're, their, and there. Knowing which one is right isn't exactly difficult.

nklshaz

Nov 27, 2010
The word "neutral". I don't really hate the word itself, but when people use it to describe themselves they usually say it with such smugness that it makes my skin crawl. I don't know when it was decided that being neutral somehow meant that you were superior, but I bet Switzerland is ecstatic ;)

aescuder

Aug 24, 2010
blaqknoise said:
Flamezdudes said:
blaqknoise said:
'Homophobic'

I just don't like that word, it doesn't make sense to me.

A phobia is a fear, so "homophobic" would mean a fear of gays.
How does that not make sense to you? Homophobics hate and fear homosexuals.
Hate, yes, but not fear.

Often times the two emotions compliment and feed off of each other.

?Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.? -Yoda

nklshaz

Nov 27, 2010
Hairetos said:
Analysis.

My god, it seems to be used by the most pretentious motherfuckers on the planet. My AP English teachers beat this word to the point where it lost its original meaning. Now whenever someone uses it, I can't help but wonder "Are you just saying that to sound smart?"
There's a reason that "analysis" contains the word "anal". It can usually describe the kind of kicks the tip of my boot is going to start throwing around when people start using the word "analysis" ( I probably could have thought of a more clever joke, but it's nearly 3:00 AM, and I'm very tired ;D )

Ignuus66

Sep 23, 2010
Apocalypse, doomsday ,ect...
this is why: http://www.abhota.info/end1.htm

Also I hate the word "?" LoL, when people say it, they almost never laugh, when people actually laugh then they say things like: that was hilarious / that was funny / epic fail /"insert smilie here "

RussetRanger

Jan 31, 2010
nklshaz said:
And lastly, I hate it when people use the wrong form of they're, their, and there. Knowing which one is right isn't exactly difficult.
There is also "your" and "you're". When people are trying to describe the situation with you in it and actually use the possessive termanology.

I also never got "wit" for "with" as well, as if typing one more character is strenuous.

Purplecoyote

Feb 10, 2010
GundamSentinel said:
Tsunami.

After Japan and before that Sumatra everyone started using the word tsunami (as a metaphor) while there are so many perfectly reasonable alternatives in my native language. Stop it!
Oh lord, THIS. And here on the local news they can't even pronounce it correctly.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Rap artists using the word "rocks" ie: "capital radio ROCKS!!!11!!"

No rhianna. No it doesn't. Does capital radio play black sabbath? Sum 41? Green day, the good old songs, not the crap new ones? Metallica, iron maiden, avenged sevenfold? Does it even play blink 18-gorram-2? No! It does not. Stop misusing the term "rock" and "rocks" to describe music, people!