I did it, you guys! I finally did it!

MHR

Apr 3, 2010
Half-Life 2. All the achievements in it are interesting, but none of them are very hard, and it takes a guide to find a few of the secrets for the secret collection achievements. It's really more of a large checklist of specific things to pull off.

The episodes are much more interesting. I 100%ed them too. Finishing episode one without using any guns but the gravity gun, and finishing episode 2 by taking the gnome from the beginning of the game all the way to the end are real achievements. Getting those means you deserve a platinum.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
Oh wow, Stick of Truth? Congrats. The game itself is pretty easy, but so many damn missable trophies. Fucking obnoxious. I got most of them. Game is great, but miss interacting with ONE item and you might've pissed away two trophies. One of those games where you need to be sitting with a guide you can call up to make sure you didn't forget anything.

Technically speaking, my first platinum was Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time. Not an EASY platinum (does require some time and there's a pretty hard trophy), but it's also not a very remarkable one. And even though ACIT was the first game in the series to get actual trophies (Tools of Destruction and Quest for Booty didn't have any), but Insomniac has been utilizing "trophies" in their games since Spyro 2. And I completed all 3 Spyros when I was a kid.

As for first game I've completed 100%, I can't remember. Might've been a Crash Bandicoot game, either 1 or 2. I can't remember because those games were really cryptic before the internet age and not very forgiving. I played a lot of platformers, and the point of those is to "collect all the things" anyways.

Fdzzaigl

Mar 31, 2010
Lol, "The Walking Dead" by telltale. Because you seem to automatically get 100% once you finish the thing haha.

I've never given a damn about achievements, so yeah.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I was never able to get the Platinum on Infamous. I rarely even try, but that one I was so close on. I just needed another 3-5 Blast Shards. Never could find them. I don't really even try most of the time, but I did get it on Infamous: Second Son.

Think I'll get Stick of Truth at some point. I hear it's really good.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
I got 100% achievement completion for both Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3 on 360. Those are the only two games I've ever done that with. I normally don't care about achievements, but I was so close to completion with both games that I figured I'd just go for it.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
My first Platinum trophy was for Assassin's Creed 2 - it was a nice and easy Plat as well, since it was basically a case of collecting everything and beating the game, bar a couple of trophies. I have to admit, while I don't really consider myself much of a trophy hunter, I suppose I do try and go out of my way to get the trophies generally. I rather like the whole trophy thing myself, as much as it's a pointless validation of my own skills at a game, so I usually try for the Platinum though I don't usually end up getting it. Whatever, well done to you OP, on your first Platinum. Here's to many more :)

Angelous Wang

Lord of I Don't Care
Oct 18, 2011
Assassins Creed
Assassins Creed 2
Fable 2
Fable 3
Fable Pub Games
Dead Space
TES Oblivion
Hitman Blood Money

According to my 360.

I'm sure I did have more at one point, but they've had DLC added that I did not buy so they don't show up anymore.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
First Plat?

Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time. Not a very difficult game to platinum, you just have to have the patience to finish it three times. Or two, if you play it for the first time on Hard difficulty.

Latest game I think I platinum'd was Bioshock: Infinite. Good game. Would play through it again.

Also, grats on getting the Stick of Truth platinum. That's some tricky shit.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
My first one was Battlefield 1943, really easy game to get it all, the last one thats usually gotten is to reach a certain level and thats just a question of keep playing.

I dont usually try to get them all but if its very close I will put some effort into it (unless its a mind numbingly boring to complete)

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
First and currently only: Ratchet and Clank a crack in time. I was borrowing it from a friend so I wanted to get as much as I could out of it before handing it back, and the platinum looked pretty manageable. By far the hardest part was the stupid Qwark arcade game.

Currently working on getting the Plat for Dark Souls 2, almost have it for 1 just one trophy away from it when I decided to take a break.

Tom_green_day

Jan 5, 2013
My first platinum was CoD:Blops, as I loved playing all the modes so much. Then was Skyrim, then Modern Warfare 3, then The Saboteur, then Fallout 3, then Far Cry 3.

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
My first was "Resonance of fate"... which I'm pleasantly surprised to learn I'm not the only one to have invested so much time in! Tragically underrated game, well worth the 140 hours I put into it.

I'm not usually much about trophies, so I haven't platinumed many games, unless I absolutely loved them.

Hence, Fallout: New Vegas, Deadly Premonition, Dangan Ronpa, and Deus Ex: Human Revolution are the only other platinums I've gotten. Oh! and Dynasty warriors 7

Not Lord Atkin

I'm dead inside.
Oct 25, 2008
Jack and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy.

I found all the collectibles in a game in which the core mechanic is finding collectibles. Go figure.

LegendaryVKickr

Jul 20, 2012
For me it was also Skyrim, and I agree with Elfgore, it's not that hard. However, it's a HUGE timesink, so it's hard to justify if you're not into the game.

Additionally, in the two years I've owned my PS3, I've platinum'd:

InFamous 2
Sleeping Dogs
Playstation All Stars: Battle Royale
Dishonored
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
InFamous
South Park: Stick of Truth
Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning

In that order.

So yeah, 9 total, in two years of gaming.

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
Oddly enough, my first (and only, so far, though I have come relatively close in other games) platinum trophy was Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory. It's actually a really easy platinum, though; at least half of the trophies are earned just by playing the game and maxing everyone's Lily Ranks (which requires a hefty amount of grinding, considering that Uni, Rom and Ram all join in the final story dungeon), and each of the three endings has a trophy. After that, there're trophies for reaching level 99, making game discs, making a Godly Game disc, developing lots of items, amassing a ton of credits, fighting in lots of battles, getting a 100 hit combo, doing a lot of damage, sending a lot of scouts on missions, reaching quest rank S and finally getting a perfect score on your post-chapter rating.

I'm three trophies away from getting a platinum in Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F. I should get back to that.

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
Hmmm I'd contribute with the xbox games I've "completed", but my account was compromised a few years back and MS reset my profile. Anyway time to trawl through my steam profile.

"Completed" Steam Games.
Saints Row 3
Lord of the Rings : War in the North
The Witcher 2: Enhanced edition
Poker Night 2
Beast Boxing Turbo

Honourable Mention:
Skullgirls (15/16)

In my defence steam games have a lot of acheivements.

the_great_cessation

Nov 29, 2011
Nothing that takes any amount of skill unfortunately.

I've only platinum'd Beyond Good and Evil HD (which was my first) and The Walking Dead. Beyond Good and Evil HD was very easy as it doesn't even really require you to properly 100% the game (which I've done multiple times with the original version) while Walking Dead happens automatically upon completion. The majority of trophies/achievements tend to be there just to artificially lengthen the title, which I understand the appeal of to a degree, but I just really don't have enough time for that.