I don't like Half Life :C

CaptQuakers

Feb 14, 2011
I hated Half Life and still do.

Tbh I'm getting bored of all the FPS shooters that are all the same with different skins I also hate with a passion Hack and slash.

I also hate games that are released half finished or with massive on-line issues I'm looking at you EA.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
(Puts flame armor on. Hopes it is thick enough)

I just don't get WoW...

I've tried, I've really tried, but I just can't avoid the feeling that it's just LotR - the interesting story and + a shitlaod of grind. Tbh this isn't just WoW, it's all MMO's in general for me, but WoW in particular. I just find them boring as hell.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
Blitzwarp said:
Yeah. I'm one of those rare, rare, rare individuals who just doesn't get the hype around the Half Life games.
its not that odd. i know of many people on here who dont like half-life. but as others have said, you may wanna consider editing the title of this thread. when i first read it, the first word that came to mind is "troll." im not calling you a troll, im just saying that it opens you up to that (but then again, these days people will call you a troll simply for saying its nice outside).

all that aside, my response would have to be the kotor series. the second one, i only played for a few hours before it became so buggy that i couldnt even play it. the first one just bored the crap out of me. most of the characters were just unlikeable, they were developed poorly, the story was bland and predictable, and if you played as a jedi guardian, the game was easy and nothing but an exercise in repetition (run into room, spam master flurry, heal as necessary, rinse and repeat).
im still excited for the old republic because i really want a decent star wars mmo, but i dont get all the hype around kotor. actually thats not entirely true. i didnt play kotor until like 5 months ago and everything new that it brought to the table has now been done by every other recent rpg, and usually done better. simply put, it was probably good for its time but it has NOT aged well

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
FPSes in general. We've all seen the big guns and the brick walls and dull scenery.
I wasn't too keen on the HL Games either, infact Portal was the only HL game I was somewhat keen on. Nomatter how many forced jokes they stuff in 'ere I'll always love it.

PS : I reccomend you get your Flame-Armour on people.

PPS: After playing them for an hour and a half, I started to like HL, but I kinda thought it was too dull.

EDIT : I didn't like Ep 2. It was basically EP 1 except without as much of the action.

Oh, and are you comparing Half-Life to Multiplayer FPSes? 1 Thing fo' sure, as soon as it hears the word's "Multiplayer" Half-Life has a heart-attack and dies. So that's not very fair comparing a mostly single-Player game to very Multiplayer constricted games. Most of the work was built into single player, and the Multi-Player designers were probally starving monkey's.

Dead Space, It just wasn't scary as people made it out to be. I may sound like a twat but I beat the entire game sitting there on my couch with the lights off (A friend reccomended it to me) and beat the game simply staring at my screen eating a bag of chips and wasn't scared once.

JRPG's in General. A game where our main character gets dressed by stepping on a mine in his closet full of old 80's fashion collections and styles their hair by dipping it in a bucket of led paint ... And I think turn-Based-Combat is utter shit.

Online FPSes. A game where I have to rely on some 13 year olds biting their toes as I storm through the enemies base with the alarm on looking for first aid kits ... Is really repetetive when I die for the six-billionth time.

Nintendo games. A company that takes an old classic, gives it a 2.5D atmosphere, and a terrible multiplayer feature just doesnt work. I dont like the multiplayer, characters bounce of each other and power-ups are basically designed to go to all one player. Also inventory management is utter SHIT. I dont want to use s mushroom on the whole team when only I need it!

There, basically every single game/genre I hate (Especially games that claim to be scary (Bioshock,system shock, Dead Space, The path)and aren't) ECT ECT

PPPS : I, myself am a Valve fan, I mainly liked their early games (Half life, Ricochet, HL2, ECT ECT) But I agree, the HL2 Ep's and HL2 are very dull, I stopped playing it about 4 hours in and found myslef playing ricochet and found it waaaay more fun.

Kinuzki

Jul 28, 2010
Oh I could go on for a while...

Dead Space, Final Fantasy Series, Call of Duty, Battlefield (everything after Battlefield 2 has been more or less $h17..), Super Mario (yes, all of them), GTA series (they're just so boring if you're playing the storyline instead of just messing around with cheat codes)

Surprisingly I can't think of any other games I dislike.. for now at least.

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
Anything by Bethesda. Fallout 3, Elder Scrolls, I've tried them. No thank you.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
The Cake Is Annoying said:
There are tons of games that people would expect me to like that just don't entertain me.

Minecraft - I just lose interest in it. It feels like there's an unnecessary struggle to achieve things - even after playing a world for 30+ hours
Secondeeeeeeeeed. It's good for a while, but a game like that can't keep you entertained forever.

I don't really like any game that moves slowly. Torus Trooper is doing it right xD

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
Vaer said:
Baldurs gate 1&2, i did play it way way late, think it was 2004 or 2005 when I first played it so you can argue that I'm a graphics whore or that I just don't get it since I played it late .. I dunno, the fact is I played fallout 1&2 around the same time and found them to be very good and quite enjoyable so it's obviously not the graphics or anything since I really don't care for graphics, I found however that the interface was very bad in BG and the story seemed fairly bland and generic (at least the bit I played of it), the gameplay mechanics were also not the best and really nothing made me want to play it, maybe I'm wrong and it's a grate game it just didn't attract me in any way and I really love rpgs so that just doesn't ad up if the game was good ...
i dont know how far into the story you got, but it really doesnt come together until late in the game. the first one, you dont even really know whats going on, until near the end of the game. but when i did learn who i was and what was going on, it was a big moment. if you arent a d&d fan then it might be more difficult to get into the games. i love d&d and baldurs gate 1 and 2 are not only two of my favorite rpgs, they are two of my favorite games.

oh and ps-it makes me happy to see someone who appreciates the awesome that was fallout 1 and 2 (though i thought fallout 1 was by far the best of the series

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I dislike Devil May Cry 4. Nothing appealed to me, I didn't like Nero, who was essentially a whiny Dante lookalike, and Kyrie didn't seem to have any attributes at all that made me want to save her. I have heard that it is quite well liked, but I don't see the appeal.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Don't worry, I can see why you wouldn't like them. The Half-Life series of games is more about delivering a great experience and less about delivering fun games. If you don't like the train, don't take it.

EDIT: as for a game I didn't like, I never liked Counter-Strike. I never saw why people would put thousands of hours into the same thing. I at least see why people are still playing Team Fortress 2 (it gets updated with new content every two months).

drwow

Nov 25, 2009
what disinterests you about the game about half life OP? is it the story? gameplay?
i'm actually interested in why you don't like the game, explain please.

LCP

Dec 24, 2008
Pokemon and zelda games, were terrible for me, i personally thought they sucked... I could not see the point and childish obsession with them.

Polaris19

Aug 12, 2010
bulldogftw said:
Call of Duty: Black Ops. The best call of duty game? No that would be number 4.
Actually it's 2, but 4 was pretty good too... ;)

Apparently around five million people thought the last Medal of Honor game was good. Why I am completly unsure. The singleplayer was disjointed and broken with some game ending bugs. The multiplayer was very bland and every map felt almost exactly the same. MOH has just gone downhill for me. Have not been a fan since Allied Assault.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I don't really enjoy Valve games in general (with the exception of Portal). They all feel so cold and clinical, it's bizarre. I don't hate, them, I just feel really disconnected playing them.

And how suprising; everyone hates Call of Duty and Halo. Special little flowers.