I don't like Half Life :C

wizard_joe88

Nov 12, 2010
Cod, Halo, Mass Effect, and Just Cause 2 are just a few "great games" I personally disliked
Cod and Halo felt generic to me, Just cause 2 didn't feel all that great to me (just cause you have a grapple doesn't make it cool) and Mass effect just didn't mash with me for some reason.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
I like Half-life.

The game I cannot get along with despite my best efforts is Halo, apparently I should of liked it becaue I love CoD, but no, it's just not the same for me.

Phrytar

Apr 6, 2010
I couldn't get into Dragon Age. I think it was because of the amazingly boring combat system.

FamoFunk said:
I like Half-life.
Same. I usually complete the campaign for both games as well as the episodes at least once a year.

Shotzey

Mar 7, 2009
Sharalon said:
Shotzey said:
Half-Life: Not that I find it bad, just not "Z0mg best gameh EVAH!!!!"

Call of Duty after WaW, Played MW2 for a few months just to play with friends and found out I reaallly hate it. Black Ops is no better.

Mass Effect: Visiting planets and generally ignoring most of my crew while fighting with same-y weapons against same-y enemies. I played for close to 8 hours without having fun only to find out that apparently the endgame is what makes it good. Endgame =\= 50= hours of boredom. The sequel also made it too, shooterish for my liking.
About mass effect. The reason you play mass effect is really not the gameplay, it's pretty much a standard cover based third person shooter, but what makes it special is the great story with some really great dialog and some of the best moral choices I have ever seen in a game.

I really hope that this is the future of gaming. More story instead of boring and generic shooters with patriotic americans and terrorists.
Yes, I did realize it was about the story, however about 80% of the story was a giant "meh" for me. The best parts of the game was the interacting with the crew, except you run out of dialog choices after a while, leaving my personal favorite part of the game out. As for the moral choices, the seem either paper thin "save the kitten or burn the tree down" choices or stupid "Really? That makes me evil?" choices like mass effect 2
You mean we can't study the vital information on the ancient god-like beings and still be good because someone will thing I'm a douche?

And as for it being about story, not gameplay, I consider a good game to have three parts, Story, Gameplay, and Community. It's like a smoothie, you can't mix strawberries, bananas, and laxatives together and say "Well the first two are good, too bad the last one causes me to be on the toilet for a good three hours afterward. I think I'll finish it however. [footnote] Anything relating to the fact that I talked about Mass Effect and made a laxative/toilet related comparison/joke are completely coincidental and you should not be offended if you like the game and take this the wrong way. [/footnote]