I don't like Half Life :C

Blitzwarp

Jan 11, 2011
Yeah. I'm one of those rare, rare, rare individuals who just doesn't get the hype around the Half Life games. I liked Portal, but the HL games themselves just leave me for dead and I'd rather play Unreal or Quake. =/

But my question, Escapist, is this: what's the game that you just don't get along with despite the general consensus labelling it as awesome?

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011
bulldogftw said:
Call of Duty: Black Ops. The best call of duty game? No that would be number 4.
Second that, oh yes I have to second that - 4 is my favourite in terms of single and multiplayer.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
You'd rather play Unreal or Quake?

...I'll let this one slide...

With the point of discussion, with my friends I'm the opposite with Halo: Reach. Despite my friends originally liking Halo a lot more than me, and I finally got into it at a later date, I'm the only one who really wants to play Reach. Sure it's Halo 3 with jetpacks, but I liked Halo 3 (eventually), and I love jetpacks.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I'd change the title to be the question itself to avoid flaming here.

I'd have to say Call of Duty; I have never played one and never wanted to. Simply not my kind of game. What irritates me are people trying to convince me to play it because of how awesome it is, despite me not disliking it purely because it's the type of game that I am not interested in, as opposed to anything that is particularly wrong with the game itself.

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
Gonna put my flame armor on first.

The Call of Duty games. At least, the latest ones. I've been playing it since the first and up 4 they were all amazing (except 3, it was good but not as good as the others). But now they are just kind of meh at best, it's more puzzling because the new ones just aren't that great.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not too keen on Portal, but then I've only played the demo and found it to be boring. ...Plus the amount of jokes about the cake sort of turned me away from it too before it got a chance.

Sep 4, 2009
There are tons of games that people would expect me to like that just don't entertain me.

Minecraft - I just lose interest in it. It feels like there's an unnecessary struggle to achieve things - even after playing a world for 30+ hours

I love RPGS, but every Final Fantasy game has had annoyances that made me stop playing it. Even 7, which I only finished by shelving it for months at a time and coming back to it.

The last FPS I enjoyed was Halo: Combat Evolved on the Xbox, before that Duke Nukem 3D.

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
So you prefer a fast-paced, weapon filled game over a slower, more tactile game?

Whatever you prefer, sir. I personally can't stand *flame shield up* JRPG's of any kind.

hecticpicnic

Jul 27, 2010
baddude1337 said:
Gonna put my flame armor on first.

The Call of Duty games. At least, the latest ones. I've been playing it since the first and up 4 they were all amazing (except 3, it was good but not as good as the others). But now they are just kind of meh at best, it's more puzzling because the new ones just aren't that great.
Why put on you flame Armour,like 40% of people don't like it another 30% like it but admit its isn't as good as the others..then there are those left..that valiantly herald it as the greatest game of all time and say all others are shit.BUT there isn't many of them on the escapist.

taciturnCandid

Dec 1, 2010
Don't get along with any call of duty past 3. Yes. I know I will be flamed. I do not like the modern warfare stuff at all.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Blitzwarp said:
Yeah. I'm one of those rare, rare, rare individuals who just doesn't get the hype around the Half Life games. I liked Portal, but the HL games themselves just leave me for dead and I'd rather play Unreal or Quake. =/
It's definitely worth noting that Half Life (both 1 and 2) are a very different brand of game than Unreal or Quake. So it really isn't too surprising that you enjoy those two, but can't get into Half Life.

That said, it's hard for me to really answer this topic because I have a very open mind. Even when I don't enjoy a game, I usually can at least see why the game is so popular. For the sake of being able to name something though, I'm going to go with Modern Warfare 2. The game looks fun, all my friends play it, and I have a computer that could run the hell out of it. However... I just don't really see myself wanting to buy it. The game looks fun, and has sales figures to back that up, but it just isn't something I plan to get into.

hecticpicnic

Jul 27, 2010
Skorpyo said:
So you prefer a fast-paced, weapon filled game over a slower, more tactile game?

Whatever you prefer, sir. I personally can't stand *flame shield up* JRPG's of any kind.
Its the hair isn't it?

somonels

Oct 12, 2010
Neither do I. Come to think of it I have only played it and CSS for a total of maybe one hour and not touched other valve games except three free TF2 weekends.

Lord Doomhammer

Apr 29, 2008
Country
United States
I've always had a hard time getting into the fallout games. I get why they're good, they're well made but I just don't find them very immersive games.

Netrigan

Sep 29, 2010
Megacherv said:
You'd rather play Unreal or Quake?

...I'll let this one slide...
My thoughts exactly... it's kind of weird seeing the comment from a PC guy. It's like seeing a tiny flower pushing through the concrete of a sidewalk.