I don't trust Valve anymore.

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
Ze_Reaper_Of_Zeath said:
I loved Valve, with all my joy, but Valve, please don't make the sets hatbased.

Please, just because the guy next to me, has about 20 bucks to spare for a hat, he gets bonuses. I've lost my intrest in it, because TF2 has become a bit unbalanced.
I see the set bonuses as semi balanced. Snipers are immune to headshots, but cannot actually fire headshots themselves. Pyros are faster and slightly more vulnerable, the spy loses his ability to disguise on a whim for quieter uncloak.

It isn't that horribly unbalanced.

Ramin 123

Apr 23, 2010
Well I would be a PC gamer only for the amount of bollocks they have to go through to play the game that THEY bought. Steam is the most useless bloody application I've seen in a right while. I don't see why Steam should tell me when I can and cannot play a game, that seems completely stupid to me. Don't even get me start on the DRM.

I really want to buy that Amnesia Game but to get it off Steam...I think not.

Aphex Demon

Aug 23, 2010
Ramin 123 said:
Well I would be a PC gamer only for the amount of bollocks they have to go through to play the game that THEY bought. Steam is the most useless bloody application I've seen in a right while. I don't see why Steam should tell me when I can and cannot play a game, that seems completely stupid to me. Don't even get me start on the DRM.

Ive never really liked the software itself, Does it still do that stupid thing where it goes back to the old platform, unpacks all the updates then reupdates? It did that ALL the time.

Here is a prime example.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
hopeneverdies said:
Ze_Reaper_Of_Zeath said:
I loved Valve, with all my joy, but Valve, please don't make the sets hatbased.

Please, just because the guy next to me, has about 20 bucks to spare for a hat, he gets bonuses. I've lost my intrest in it, because TF2 has become a bit unbalanced.
I see the set bonuses as semi balanced. Snipers are immune to headshots, but cannot actually fire headshots themselves. Pyros are faster and slightly more vulnerable, the spy loses his ability to disguise on a whim for quieter uncloak.

It isn't that horribly unbalanced.
I've said it before, it doesn't matter how balanced the changes are, if you make the strategic options hard to get/give rare items gameplay changing effects. It's not right, each round should be a level playing field, easy to acquire items are fine(ish) and hats are fine when the don't change strategy.
Ramin 123 said:
I don't see why Steam should tell me when I can and cannot play a game, that seems completely stupid to me. Don't even get me start on the DRM.
You just did start on the DRM. Your whole post was about the DRM.

Ramin 123

Apr 23, 2010
Aphex Demon said:
Ramin 123 said:

Ive never really liked the software itself, Does it still do that stupid thing where it goes back to the old platform, unpacks all the updates then reupdates? It did that ALL the time.

Here is a prime example.

lol that looks like it alright. I don't know man, I haven't played PC games since the old COD2 days so all of this new stuff is totally over my head :O

Against my better judgement I am going to buy the game...let's pray Steam doesn't screw it up like haha

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
Aphex Demon said:
Mikeyfell said:
as long as Valve delivers Portal 2 and HL2E3 they still have my loyalty
Yeah, I cant wait for that game :D

Scarecrow 8 said:
I think that you may be forgeting that valve made the best game ever.
THE FREEEEEEEEEEEEEMAAN
No, THE POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLL.

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
You know, I can see where you're coming from. Banning users from playing a game that they bought with their own money over details that can be fictionalized doesn't exactly seem like a customer-friendly business model. Sure, it makes sense for Valve, as they would get more money from you if you open up another Steam account, but it doesn't make sense to ban an entire account over an incident in one game. I haven't really liked this model ever since I learned that Valve sells games as services, not products, which runs counter-intuitive to how I've purchased games since I was four years old.

I'm not a big fan of the Mann-conomy update, either, mainly because it's starting to belie Valve as a customer friendly developer, and one that's starting to develop EA-like tendencies. Not to mention that some of the Polycount upgrades seem more like upgrades rather than sidegrades, creating a system that favors either the lucky or the extremely wealthy. And not to mention the supply crates, which can only be opened with a key that can only be purchased from the store...

Jun 11, 2008
SL33TBL1ND said:
Wait, so you don't like optional microtransactions, hats that actually do things and an optional trading system to get the stuff you've been missing for ages? Of course there's going to be a few hiccups at first. Remember the wrongful COD6 bans? It all got fixed in the end, give them time.
The only point I don't agree with what you're trying to make is that hates should affect gameplay. They aesthetic nonesense which is part of what TF2 is about but they should not affect gameplay in way they do in polycount pack.

LondonBeer

Aug 1, 2010
Erm he can still play titles offline. Multiplayer game elements are not guaranteed on purchase you pay for singleplayer.

brucelee13245

Oct 25, 2009
Personally im glad they are so harsh on people. It isn't like they are banning innocent players, they are banning SCAMMERS, tho yes, this man wasn't exactly scamming he was being an overall unlikeable person. Tho i think this whole hat business is stupid, if it involves some sort of real money, scamming is scamming. To be honest with you, if i had my choice, all hackers in mw2 would all be in Guantanamo bay right now :mad: and their computers would go to the starving kids in africa.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Glademaster said:
SL33TBL1ND said:
Wait, so you don't like optional microtransactions, hats that actually do things and an optional trading system to get the stuff you've been missing for ages? Of course there's going to be a few hiccups at first. Remember the wrongful COD6 bans? It all got fixed in the end, give them time.
The only point I don't agree with what you're trying to make is that hates should affect gameplay. They aesthetic nonesense which is part of what TF2 is about but they should not affect gameplay in way they do in polycount pack.
It's not like they're providing an unbalanced bonus. But I can see why you wouldn't want them to. To each their own.

Jun 11, 2008
SL33TBL1ND said:
Glademaster said:
SL33TBL1ND said:
It's not like they're providing an unbalanced bonus. But I can see why you wouldn't want them to. To each their own.
Well no they're not that bad I mean the bonus could be worse and non set reliant.

Dec 14, 2008
iLikeHippos said:
FINALLY a valid reason to hate a developer. I'm so damn fed up with all the "Blizz banned peeps for cheating so I will hate them >:C"
the stupidity it mother***** hurts...

OT: This will be a downfall of revered and veteran players by the seems of it. If I ever get steam, I'll just stay the fuck away from Left 4 Dead and Team Fortress where the most obvious grievers will be. I can't afford to be consulted 10 days to clear out the bans of "HE FUCKING SHOT ME!!!12" reports each time it happens. Which it will. A lot. Because they're dumbasses, those grievers.

Thanks for the heads up. No, really... It's good to know when the GMs goes ape-shit for the stupidity of others.
What are you on about? The topic is discussing the ban of some person scamming someone out of an item in TF2 and the harsh punishment that followed, not Valve believing rage induced reports from random douchebags.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
They should only delete your items not your steam account thats to far. I shall watch who I trade with. Last thing I want is some troller to accuse me and get me locked out for who knows how long.

Veleste

Mar 27, 2010
Working in the games industry I can tell you that people do not get their accounts banned for no reason. Investigations are launched into flagged accounts if the account meets the criteria it is banned - if the player requests it another investigation is launched, if it supports the first ban then your account is closed forever with no hope but often the ban gets seen as being harsh and that you've learned your lesson and it gets overturned. Companies like Valve and even smaller ones like Riot who support online gaming have an obligation to protect their player base from cheaters and the most effective way of doing this is by banning those who cheat or exploit weaknesses in the system.

I don't know exactly their policies on it but I imagine they give a warning first and then a ban - anything else is bad business practice.

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
philosophicalbastard said:
iLikeHippos said:
FINALLY a valid reason to hate a developer. I'm so damn fed up with all the "Blizz banned peeps for cheating so I will hate them >:C"

OT: This will be a downfall of revered and veteran players by the seems of it. If I ever get steam, I'll just stay the fuck away from Left 4 Dead and Team Fortress where the most obvious grievers will be. I can't afford to be consulted 10 days to clear out the bans of "HE FUCKING SHOT ME!!!12" reports each time it happens. Which it will. A lot. Because they're dumbasses, those grievers.

Thanks for the heads up. No, really... It's good to know when the GMs goes ape-shit for the stupidity of others.
What are you on about? The topic is discussing the ban of some person scamming someone out of an item in TF2 and the harsh punishment that followed, not Valve believing rage induced reports from random douchebags.
I said my outright opinion over the topic, and what I think will happen. Even the OP has one.

Why not contribute and share?

Jekken6

Aug 19, 2009
I just hate that people on TF2 now, alot of people, are just trying to trade with others and that's about it. Maybe because the last few servers i've been on have been 2fort servers.

Dec 14, 2008
iLikeHippos said:
philosophicalbastard said:
iLikeHippos said:

I said my outright opinion over the topic, and what I think will happen. Even the OP has one.

Why not contribute and share?
I was just making sure that you didn't read it wrong and raged for no reason.

I still believe valve is one of the greatest developers out there, and any mistakes they make will surely be corrected given their record.