I-Dosing: Getting High With Digital Drugs

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
I say Bull-shit everyone knows there is only one true digital drug...
cookie for reference...

EDIT: besides doesn't all music affect the brain in some way?

Sep 8, 2008
well yes, it is "new age hippie bull crap" but so is "getting high via sound waves".

but anything that can simulate the effects of stimulants and depressants simultaneously must be fucking awesome.

Ninonybox_v1legacy

Apr 2, 2008
damnit......now i have to give up the phones.....I NEED MY FIX MAN *listens to black sun sound*.....ahhhhhh.

but anyway screw those bastards.....its always something, cant blame your bad parenting so try to blame something else.

Luke Cartner

May 6, 2010
Hmm, given every one states that you have to be relaxed and have an opened mind, this is more than likely simply a way to induce hypnotic hallucinations or ofcourse an out and out scam. (because if it didn't work your mind wasn't open or you were not relaxed enough).

For it truely to be a 'digital drug' the caveat around open mind and such would need to go away.
I guess is this product probably is as legitimate as people who writhe around on the floor with the 'rapture of the holy ghost'.
Simply put suggestibility is a powerful thing.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
V8 Ninja said:
Hmm...I'm calling BS.

[Clicks on link to "i-Dosing" song and follows instructions.]

Ten minutes later...

Weird. It feels like I've been laying on my back for ten minutes listening to a one-second song over and over again. I'm OFFICIALLY calling BS.
Me too. If being high is that annoying I have another reason to say no to drugs.

LewsTherin

Jun 22, 2008
Damn kids these days and their rolling rock music and their sound drugs and their Wii-stations..

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
My question is... if these drug "makers" are good enough to discover how to alter brain chemistry using audio tones why the hell would they waste there talent making digital drugs? Why not create a tone to incapacitate people and start robbing banks? Why squander it on something so stupid? Maybe they're just testing the tech low key in a way no one will believe before they go full scale and take over the world! Or, maybe it's just bullshit.

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
V8 Ninja said:
Hmm...I'm calling BS.

[Clicks on link to "i-Dosing" song and follows instructions.]

Ten minutes later...

Weird. It feels like I've been laying on my back for ten minutes listening to a one-second song over and over again. I'm OFFICIALLY calling BS.
Pretty much this, I know a guy that has software and tracks for this crap. He talked me into trying it once and it didn't do a damn thing for me except give me a headache....but that could've been the vodka and other drinks I'd had beforehand too.

EDIT: Upon further reflection, it's possible that like some other things like hypnosis you have to believe it's going to work in order for it to work and even in my slightly drunk state I was still ready to call bullshit on it.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
InterAirplay said:
BREAKING NEWS! Our Children, according to unnamed sources and a need to sell more stories, are using office chairs to induce strange, mind-altering effects. Details are still unclear, but unspecified experts who could be anyone theorize that children achieve these effects by sitting in the chair, and then either by pushing off from the floor or with the help of an accomplice, rotating in them until they reach a speed at which certain fluids in the inner ear are affected, causing, among other dangerous effects that aren't that bad in reality, a sense of disorientation and dizziness. Studies carried out by the University of Damning Statistics Pulled Out Someone's Ass show that up to a very high percentage of our children have at least tried this terrifying new trend. More on this intriguing story as we grow more and more desperate for attention.
HAH!!! This slaps me on the knee! Very good twist on the situation I must say!

I believe these people missed the point completely. If we're going to cause an uproar against things that ensure mind altering or even body altering effects. Might as well ban caffeine, beer, sugar, nicotine, sleep, and fruits and vegetables while we're at it.

The main focus of the war on drugs according to anti-drug peoples is that drugs can be harmful to the body. It has nothing to do with the actual feeling the drug gives you! If drugs didn't have the potential to be dangerous, then they wouldn't be illegal. Of course there are those out there that are going to disagree with me by defending their favorite drug of choice by saying it's not harmful, and depending on which one it is, I may even agree! I'm just going by what seems to be the reason behind it all.

There are no reports of anyone getting hurt or injured by listening to noise, unless of course they turned their headphones up too loud and are now deaf, but that would be their fault then...

Wasn't there an artist out there that put these sound waves in their music to make his listeners feel a bit disoriented or high while listening to his music?

Omegatronacles

Guardian Of Forever
Oct 15, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Like all good drugs, the first one is always free and thus I present to you "Gates of Hades" [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en1asB1haQM], a unique auditory experience that falls somewhere between "phaser on overload" and "my snooze button is broken." Enjoy! And remember, if the cops ask, you never heard of me. Got it?
The video is down now due to a copyright claim from these people.

http://i-doser.com/

After looking at their website I have to call shenanigans. This reeks of hoax.

Lisolet

Mar 27, 2010
diasravenguard said:
Lisolet said:
Kpt._Rob said:
Sometimes I'm ashamed to live in Oklahoma... What am I talking about? All the time I'm ashamed to live in Oklahoma.

Seriously though, this is far from the stupidest thing to come out of my home state. Though it is up there... Maybe Apple can cash in on it though and release the iBong, for all your digital drug needs.
The iBong - that is just brilliant! Thanks for making my day, Kpt_Rob.

OP: What's next - listening to iDrugs while taking real drugs? Wait, that's just listening to trance/rave music while high isn't it?
Yea and I share his sentiments on living in oklahoma with things like this... Seriously there's a lot of things that parents should spend more time worrying about say... getting the kids out from in front of the tele and spending time with them?
Well, we on the outside salute you for staying there and encouraging common sense by example. Let us know if you need anything to keep up the good fight - books, candy, ear buds...

mkg

Feb 24, 2009
The guy that said we can make drugs out of lolcats made me laugh, thank you sir.