I-Dosing: Getting High With Digital Drugs

addeB

Oct 2, 2009
Lol, this got to be the worst "drug" ever? Where does Oklahoma get all this stuff from?

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
Thats no drug, thats just crappy noise that hurts my ears... I only listened to the first 3 minutes but still... Maybe I'll d/l it and try it again later, while lying down and all that... But I'd much rather go smoke a j-[/post]

Aug 25, 2009
Enemy Of The State said:
Furburt said:
Enemy Of The State said:
How intense? Any ill effects?
No physical ill effects, but just remember, you're taking a trip into your own mind, essentially. If you're in a good mood, and in a place you feel comfortable, then it's fine, but if you're in a bad mood, or feel any negative emotions, then it'll sort of exaggerate those emotions.

It's pretty much the same with all hallucinogens. It's called the "Set and Setting", where you are, and what you feel. So just make sure you do it when you're in a good mood, basically.
OK, got it.

Good mood = good trip
Negative emotions = Don't do it

Thanks for the advice :)
I will also say from personal experience:

Don't do this if you have bipolar disorder or obsessive compulsive disorder, because no matter what your mental state going in, you will fuck yourself up eventually, because the manic half of bipolar disorder depends on sensory experiences, whereas the depressive side can be brought out by a lack of stimulation. Effectively if you have bi- or unipolar depression this is a one shot straight to giving yourself a week of suicidal tendencies.

If you also happen to have OCD, sensory deprivation will aggravate it, and you will end up obssessing in your head about things, which (as anyone who suffers from it will know) makes it worse.

I can't speak from personal experience for any other mental conditions, but I would imagine that schizophrenia is not enhanced by sensory deprivation either.

I saw this on the Cracked website and thought it sounded like a good idea. I was in a pretty good mood so I went for it, and within half an hour I was reliving fifteen years of bullying in a weird mishmash of all the various people and forms. It was terrifying and left me drained and shaking for the rest of the day.

TWEWER

Feb 8, 2009
Until someone explains the scientific process of how you get high by listening to music, I'm calling bull.

EDIT: Actually, after listening to the noise and watching a few reaction videos I think I get it. I've experienced the same thing a few times when I'm falling asleep while listening to my iPod. While I'm half asleep and hear the music it seems kind of weird. However, I'm not high, I'm just drowsy. These kids are getting "being tired" confused with "being high".

ponderus

Oct 27, 2008
I will bet you Five I-drug dollars that the kids WERE high when listening to that crap. I listened to a bit before YouTube stopped, and the only thing I noticed was some eye movement, like REM but awake. I guess if you're high, that would be awesome? I don't know.

r_Chance

Dec 13, 2008
Every time I think we have hit the top of the stupid meter someone finds a way to take us further...

IxionIndustries

Mar 18, 2009
Is this the state of Oklahoma? In the U.S.? If so, I need to go burn down a building..

Seriously? It's fucking soundwaves! Over 60% of those things don't even work!

I honestly hate the fact that our state constantly has to re-iterate the whole "We're here, and we're dumb!" thing..

Apr 29, 2010
Christ, how could anyone listen to that Gate of Hades crap? It didn't get me high, but that loud buzzing sound sure was freaking annoying.

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
Oh, it'll be one fuck of an amusing day when people start pirating drugs.... just imagine all teh e-peddlers trying to crack down on pirate bay because people keep seeding their particular dose.

Zakarath

Mar 23, 2009
coldfrog said:
Hey... Want to try a little Snow Crash? It's the newest thing, just look at this image, it'll get you high... trust me...
aww, you beat me to it :p

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
Even if this thing DID get people high, what would the negative effects be? They don't seem to understand that it isn't the high of the drug itself that causes problems, but the other substances in the drug. If there was a drug that had no side-effects and got you high, that'd be a pretty damn GOOD thing in my book.

Still, the sound is just really fucking obnoxious.

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
I've got very limited experience with I-Doser. I've become obsessed with reading about peoples' Gates of Hades experiences, but I'm too pussy to try it for myself.

A while back when I was flying high on some mediocre green, I decided to try MarijuanaQH (quick hit) while browsing my favorite imageboard. At first, everything started rippling quite awesomely, but then the heavy stuff started playing... it was like being held under an alien scanner, mechanical eyes probing into your very soul... the specimen is unworthy. Discard the flesh.

Needless to say, I took my headphones right the fuck off and never tried anything else. I may try a different one tonight, just for shits and giggles.

nofear220

Apr 29, 2010
drdamo said:
nofear220 said:
I cant believe Im going to listen to the whole 9 mins of this. Six minutes in and still absolutely nothing, I think people are just hoping so hard to get high off of it that they trick themselves into feeling it.
Try not to expect anything, it will only hurt your brain and make the music/sound as annoying as you expect it to be. The key is to accept what is coming, without making expectations. Otherwise you'll only disappoint yourself. And yes, i know it sounds like new-age-hippie-bullcrap, but you need patience for this. If you want guarantees and fast & easy service like MacDonalds, go buy and use the real deal.
If I did want to I would buy some, but Id rather be drunk.

salinv

Mar 17, 2010
Kpt._Rob said:
Sometimes I'm ashamed to live in Oklahoma... What am I talking about? All the time I'm ashamed to live in Oklahoma.
I'm right there with you...
As a student over in Stillwater, this makes me truly... disappointed with my state, the state's bureaus, and with News 9. I respected them - well, maybe just Gary England. Oh well, what can we do? Go on with the fact that everyone thinks we're hicks (well, not as bad as Arkansas, I don't date my sister or anything...), I guess.