I hate this light. I hate it so much, I want to scream. I really, really do. What light do you like?

Roamin11

Jan 23, 2009
I miss, my old school incondesnt light bulbs, they didnt buzz or were white they were just yellow ish and that was pretty good light, I dont care about the power cost anyway but I still cant use them anymore.

thehoff

Aug 3, 2008
I can sympathise, I can't stand fluorescant bulbs either as the noise gets on my nerves when its quiet and I swear they flicker if I remember correctly. I much prefer the standard bulbs.

Flap Jack452

Jan 5, 2009
I just keep the blinds open and let the sun light up my room. If its rainy or nighttime I just suffer.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Flap Jack452 said:
I just keep the blinds open and let the sun light up my room. If its rainy or nighttime I just suffer.
But rainy and snowy day sunlight is my favorite of daylight...
Twilight not included.

J-Man

Nov 2, 2008
I live in a permanently dark cave, my eyes having adjusted to solely using the light given off from my 2 monitors, as well as my blue keyboard and mouse. My existence is a quiet and lonely one, but worthwhile.

Flap Jack452

Jan 5, 2009
Erana said:
Flap Jack452 said:
But rainy and snowy day sunlight is my favorite of daylight...
Twilight not included.
Well then you are better off than I am, just always keep those blinds open. If you live in England then you should have enough rainy days to keep you happy. If she (your roommate)has a phobia of the sun you could always buy a head mounted flash light...

bmf185

Jan 8, 2009
I like to sit in the dark. Every once in a while I catch a glimpse of my bloodshot eyes in the reflection of the computer screen. [/emo]

Emperor Inferno

Jun 5, 2008
I prefer low light and shadows. I've always been a creature of darkness, and besides, bright light and glare really hurts my eyes.

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
I love the way the streetlight's light looks on new fallen snow. Of course, I'm not going to get to see it again since I live in friggan' EUFAULA ALABAMA! I miss Jefferson City. :(

Ignignoct

Feb 14, 2009
iain62a said:
I love star/moonlight - you know that light there is sometimes at night. You can probably only see it if you live in a rural area. It's just so beautiful, sometimes I take walks late at night(around 1 in the morning, when theres nobody awake for miles around and I'm the only one there) in it. Northern lights are really nice too.
FUCK YES!

Outskirts of Las Vegas along the mountainous valley edge on a full moon night overlooking the sea of golden lights of The Strip.

Now I'm home-sick.

Thanks a lot, asshole.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
complain up the line till you get a reaction, the hum isn't hard to fix they're just being lazy it's not the light it's the fixture or ballast doing it

tho i'm sure there's other creative things to combat this with

Audemas

Aug 12, 2008
Erana said:
My dorm room has these horrible flourescent lights that hum, have unnatural light, and drive me crazy. I feel like I'm going color blind half the time. I've tried multiple times to get the utility people to at least stop the humming, if they wouldn't take out the bulb. I can't be productive like this, let alone relax or sleep, but my roomate can't deal with desk lamps, for some reason. She needs them on to do her homework, and prefers them on in general...
Its the sacrifice I can make, though, because she's a damn fine roomate in every other way.

I like natural lighting, and warm, natural tones. I don't like flourescent tubes in the least. When looking at screens, I always have to have some other light source. What sort of lighting do you like?
My dorm lights do the exact same thing and there was recently an "accident" involving the lights so now I have no lights except for my computer screen, desk lamp, and tv. Is there a penalty for breaking the lights?

chronobreak

Sep 6, 2008
What's the worst that could happen if you just change them yourself? Inform the maintenance people you are going to do it, and they'll probably stop you right there, and just do it, or if they don't, but the lights and save the receipt. Get the cheapest ones you can, obviously, and written statements from other people in the dorm pertaining to previous inquiries about the lights and unwillingness on the campus to fix them. Probably a lot more work then you'd want to do, but it's up to you.