I .... I just can't,I've been at this level for hours!

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
Blinx the Timesweeper final boss.

GRRRAAAAHHH!!!! ITS BEEN AT LEAST 5 YEARS!!!!!

Z(ombie)fan

Mar 12, 2010
Zombie Smashers X2!

The time travel level where you go to nazi germany via the internet (o ya the internet is a time machine kthx) where you have to beat the shit out of hans grimmel for a key to open up a door with vampires behind it. (er... who the hell wrote this game? I swear to god its retarded...) anyway the nazis there are fast and use mob tactics. some have handguns. some have FUCKING SMGS. you play a dude you RIPS OUT SPINES and its still hard as hell. and then there is the boss:

"oh thank god, there is only one. and he doesnt have a gun"

*pulls out gun*

"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-"

*gunshots*

"well, back to grinding" *grumble*

Always_Remain

Nov 23, 2009
thebobmaster said:
Always_Remain said:
I just can't beat Heat Man's level in Mega Man 2. Granted I've only tried about 4 times but man, that level is a *****.
If you are stuck on the part with the disappearing blocks over the lava, I always just used Item 2 (the Rush Rocket) and took a shortcut. F___ those blocks.
I didn't have the rush rocket but I just beat the level so yeah.

Chrono180

Dec 8, 2007
Guitar Hero: Van Halen, Diamond in the rough achievement. Yes I can beat the Van Halen songs on expert, despite having never listened to most of them before, but getting five stars? No way. It's very frustrating because I tend to restart the song at the end if I don't get 5 stars, so that I can keep straight which ones I still need. So far I got 12 of them with 5 stars, but I doubt I'll get any more.

Apocalypse Tank

Aug 31, 2008
the most recent thing I can remember is that collector ambush in Mass Effect 2 (in the collector's ship).
Took me from 4:30 to more than 6 in the afternoon.
It was on insane, and I can't think of a recent situation like it.

HarmanSmith

Aug 12, 2009
Loose Ends on veteran. No game, you cannot snipe with a machine gun. That and the Favela level; I died so many times that I had the enemy spawn locations memorized. Fuck you, Call of Duty.

Actual Charlie Nash

Jul 9, 2008
Darth_Dude said:
That fucking last level in the Simpsons Hit and Run, god damn it! It's been 4 years and i'm still stuck on it... damned nuclear waste, blowing up at the slighest touch...

I'll finish it, one day...
Oh My God don't bring that horrible memory back to me =(

OT: mega man 9. yep the whole game

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
Darth_Dude said:
That fucking last level in the Simpsons Hit and Run, god damn it! It's been 4 years and i'm still stuck on it... damned nuclear waste, blowing up at the slighest touch...

I'll finish it, one day...
Oh god, it's been so long since I've played that game that I completely forgot. But now that you mention it, I can feel a long built up rage pent up inside me once again.

I can't really think of any recent examples. I remember it took me years to get the final codex page in Banjo-Tooie's Cloud Cuckoo Land race. After eight years of turmoil, it was the greatest feeling in the world. Too bad the reward for getting all the pages is really lame.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
Grouchy Imp said:
Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 - Oil Refinery on Realistic. I've been stuck on that one for two months, to the extent that I've taken a break because it was getting into my head so much.
PROTIP: You ain't seen nothin' yet. I suggest leaving your silencer on, using the MP5, religously sticking to cover, and maybe praying.

And on a similar note, I never finished R6V2 on realistic. I got to the final boss fight some time in 2009, and at that point I got bored and gave up. I've yet to pick it up again.

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
Every level of shadow of the colossus. I die about a dozen times and get pwned by them damn colossi.

swolf

May 3, 2010
Peggle...those final levels took FOREVER to complete. I was SO happy to have finally beaten the Academy...and then the challenge levels started.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Chaos at the end of inward chaos in Dissidia. He will murder you, HARDCORE.

Apr 29, 2010
This damn level on Shadow of Rome. There's two rooms, with like 20 enemies in each room. Normally, it wouldn't be so hard. But there are between 2 and 4 spike pits in each room. I know what you're thinking. "Wouldn't that make it easier?" It would, but every time I tried to knock someone into one of those pits, someone else would knock me in as well. It's been like 2 years since I've played. Oh, and don't get me started on the stupid stealth sections. Whose bright idea was it to use a kid who's probably no older than 15 for stealth missions?

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
Some of the Burning Routes in Burnout Paradise are absolutely brutal. The ones that stick in my mind are the GT 500 and the V16. I think the Uberschall was pretty hard as well. It basically takes trial-and-error, and by the end you'll memorize EXACTLY where some cars are. It's scary.

Also, Mirror's Edge on medium without guns. The very beginning of what I believe is level 7 was literally hell for me.

dudeman0001

Jul 8, 2008
LordNue said:
dudeman0001 said:
I just got an N64 emulator and I've been playing super mario 64. I'm a little embarrased to say, but I can't beat the first boss; Bob-omb. I'm supposed to toss him off the cliff, but then he just comes back up, and the fight starts over, then I throw him off, he comes back up, and the fight starts over, WHAT THE FUCK.
: ( I'm ashamed to admit that this was me the very, very first time I ever played that game. I even went so far as to try and carry him down the mountain. I was at it for like ten minutes before I got angry and just threw him onto the grass and he got hurt.
I was about to walk him down the mountain too, on my first throw I threw him in the grass but wasnt sure if he got hurt because all N64 titles seem to have something against enemy health bars.

Dommius

Aug 8, 2009
The last fight on tales of vesperia. I got all the fell arms so I see his true final form. Gotta say, that was a terrible decision on my part and I just can't beat him. Any help at all would be cool. All he does is spam mystic artes, and healing himself for a crap ton.

edit:

crimson5pheonix said:
Chaos at the end of inward chaos in Dissidia. He will murder you, HARDCORE.
That too. Poor squall doesn't stand a chance.

TheTurtleMan

Mar 2, 2010
Three words: Mile. High. Club.

I spent at least four hours trying to beat that one minute bastard mission. It was one of the only Call of Duty levels that attempted to piss on my spirit.