I just finished watching Scott Pilgrim

TheFunPolice

Mar 29, 2011
So yeah I finally got round to watching it, I thought it was really quite good, good music, good actors and an amusing script, I'd rate it 4.5 out of 5. So did anybody else like it as much as I did?

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
9/10 is the rating I have given it on other sites. We agree quite well on the rating.

Also, <url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.231873-2-50-Reviews-Scott-Pilgrim-vs-the-World-2010>obligatory review plug.

conflictofinterests

Apr 6, 2010
I liked it. I had nerdgasms all over the place. When I saw it in the theater, someone actually asked in the middle of the movie why the people he defeated turned into coins. I was upset.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
I thought it was amazing. In fact I watched it three times while it was in theaters.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Eh, maybe a 7. What saved the movie for me was Scott's gay friend (forgot his name), a few really awesome one-liners and the way it came together in the end. For the first half of the movie I had to grit my teeth and force myself not to just turn it off; the awkward teen romance movie vibe made me cringe almost constantly, and as a whole it seemed like the movie didn't know what it wanted to do. The second half salvaged it.

Cakes

Aug 26, 2009
It's a movie very well suited to the type of people that frequent a site like this. It was a very "what the fuck?!?" experience for many others.

Zannah

Jan 27, 2010
6.5/10, and mild annoyance about how overrated that film is. Though I'd probably give it an 7.5 if it had a real lead actor, rather then Michael cera.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Liked a lot. Easily my favourite film of last year, and this year, so far. It's been a while sinceI've rewatched a film recently, have already watched Scott Pilgrim a good few times.

Monty McDougal

Mar 15, 2011
was not expecting it to be as good as i thought. Which is probable why i liked it so much. I liked Micheal Cera in it even though it is the SAME DAMN PART he plays in all of his movies.
And the vegan super powers were hilarious.