I just finished watching Scott Pilgrim

Slipped Mind

Apr 3, 2009
Eh, I thought it was quite alright, nothing special. I'd say 7/10 would be a fair rating for it. Probably.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
Quite enjoyed the movie, I felt it went too fast though and ended too quick. Apparently that was just me.

Aug 25, 2009
I found it really boring. I watched it last week and just couldn't get interested. (Actually it was a pretty crap set of movies all round I got that week)

Unlikable dickhead of a main character, annoying dialogue that made me want to reach through the screen and yell at that to hurry to fuck up and say anything with any import or significance.

I know a lot of people tout the 'realistic dialogue and action' label when talking about films like this, in that they show people stuttering, and umming, and not finishing sentences or not making complete sense, but realism and any form of media don't work for me. You have a limited amount of time to grab my attention and hold it, and what does Scott Pilgrim do? Piss it away with really annoying characters doing really annoying things for really annoyingly long periods of time If you cut out most of the 'realistic' bullshit the movie would barely have been a half hour, at least the comic had the decency to be completely batshit insane for the majority of it, and I hated the comic as well.

I think my most damning inditement of it is that the other two movies I watched that week were RED and The Expendables. RED was a fantastic film I will be watching for years to come, The Expendables was one of the worst films I have ever seen, and still it gripped me and entertained me more than Scott Pilgrim. At the very least The Expendables held my attention, with Scott Pilgrim I got frequently bored enough to consider just going and reading the comics again, or preferably, going and reading much better comics.

4/5 for the visuals, 3/5 for the general directing, 1/5 for the dialogue, 2/5 for the acting (hammy or wooden, the actors do realise there are more settings right?) overall, a 2/5

willsham45

Apr 14, 2009
I liked it, good enought to watch it twice in the cinema...two different groups of freinds going different nights. Just saying that means good It is hard to find a film I would be happy to watch a second time without waiting a cupple of weeks/months since the last viewing...or a fast faward function to skip the boring parts.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
One of the few movies that I've watched more then 3 times. Not to mention, I usualy hate anything with a 'romance' in it, but this was entertaining enough for me to overlook it.

PortalThinker113

Jul 13, 2010
Must... keep... post... from... turning... into... 3-page review....
Short and sweet version- I absolutely loved it. Fantastic dialogue and writing, action sequences that not only look and feel amazing but tie together the growing and advancing character arc of the lead in a perfect way, surprisingly strong acting performances, some of the most memorable characters in any film I've ever seen, tying everything together with the game aesthetics in a nice big bow, etc and all of the gushing and so forth.

The graphic novels are quite fantastic as well- don't expect an identical experience, cause the two diverge greatly, but they are more than worth a reader's time.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
FallenTraveler said:
Carlston said:
strange, I watched it for a movie based on a game...

And got exactly that.

But the whole 20 year old dating a 18 year old being so...
Alien was sad. Sorry if you think your that far away in age by two years... seriously how outa touch is that person.
well, it was a 22 year old dating a 17 year old... that changes things a little

OT: I Love that movie!!! I watch it all the time, it was right up my alley, and I didnt mind michael cera because, as movie bob said, he is kind of playing an ass, and he gets his ass kicked, so that was fun.

Especially #4... loved that whole "You had a sexy phase?!" thing.
My favorite was #5-6.

After that part, my brain was decorating the back of my seat. It literally blew my mind.

glitch388

Undeniable Logic
Feb 9, 2010
I most certainly liked it, but I can never rent it to watch with my family, because they would think it is stupid.

rofl jet

Aug 23, 2009
I thought it was an amazing movie, and I was coming into it having never read the comics or having any other kind of knowledge about it.

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
Am I the only one who noticed all the AKIRA references in relation to that vegan guy?
The hair, the powers, punching a hole in the moon.

Someone was a fan of Tetsuooooo!

BanthaFodder

Jan 17, 2011
I'd give it an A.
casting, music, and special effects were perfect.
my only problems were:
Michael Cera: he gave a good preformance, but it wasn't really a good Scott Pilgrim. they could've gotten better, but he did fine.
Ramona: I feel she should've been less sarcastic. In the comics, Kim is the sarcastic smartass, Ramona is smart as a whip, but is still a sweet girlfriend. The actress did fine, but I feel she could have had better direction.

other than that, it was pretty much flawless.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
No. I liked some of it, but a lot of it is just too silly & corny. As for the music, found it really bland like most pop music today, didn't do anything for me at all.

42/100, not bad but pretty average. Don't want to watch it again.

WrcklessIntent

Apr 16, 2009
One of my favorite movies ever pretty much. Its probably been said already but if you liked the movie you need to pick up the books because they literally shit on the movie. They SOOOOO much better going into a lot of extra details and the way the last 4 exes are confronted is different in the books.

sylekage

Dec 24, 2008
After the first time I watched it, I watched it three more times, just to make sure it was as awesome as I thought.

It was.

BoredDragon

Feb 9, 2011
You're asking a gamer site about what they thought about Scott Pilgrim... Ya, your not going to get any negative feedback, trust me.

OT:
I'm going to buy it on blu-ray when I get the chance

russkiimperial

May 20, 2010
Good movie, and I've never read the comic either

Also... did anyone else notice the Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young reference? (folk, rock supergroup from way back in the day) In the band there was Stephen Stills... and also a 'young Neil' Not to mention that it took place in Canada? Just a thought.

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
My 2nd favorite movie of all time, methinks.

The second the 8 bit style universal logo popped up, the entire crowd cheered, and that's when I knew this movie was for people like us.

Huge video game, comic, and anime fans.

ZombieGenesis said:
Am I the only one who noticed all the AKIRA references in relation to that vegan guy?
The hair, the powers, punching a hole in the moon.

Someone was a fan of Tetsuooooo!
I dunno, I got more of a DBZ vibe than akira from him.