I just finished watching Scott Pilgrim

Joel Robinson

Jan 27, 2011
One of my fav films ever (only beaten by Submarine). If you liked the film its well worth getting the comic books its based on. The story is a little different but still loads of fun

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
Honestly? I thought it was an interesting movie, but I really didn't think it was what most everyone in the nerd/geek/gamer crowd tried to make it out to be. (Note that I belong to that demographic myself.)

It was pretty good overall, but there were several times where it seemed like Wright really overdid the whole gaming schtick, or the dialog was lame, and honestly? I think the cinematography was completely bland and uninspired, except for a couple of inventive shots during the fight scenes.

I mean, I don't regret going to see it in the theater (meaning full-price ticket, plus concessions), so it definitely wasn't terrible, but the critics who went gaga over it- like MovieBob, who I believe was so orgasmic over it that he mentioned it in 3 other reviews besides his 'Scott Pilgrim' review- are overselling it a tad.

One caveat tho: the only thing I ever liked Michael Cera in was Arrested Development. That might have something to do with my opinion.

Tipsy Giant

May 10, 2010
Great film which had a rushed 2nd half, just as you are getting into it the finale starts to rear it's head

Apr 25, 2009
I hated it. Kitschy, bad dialogue, badly set out plot and some really wierd visuals. I know that a lot of that was the point, but I think it could have been done way better.

Actions scenes though, FUCKING AWESOME.

I guess its just one of those movies where you turn your brain off and just enjoy it :)

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
I loved it, seeing as it was directly targeted at my generation that does make sense. I thought the acting was really well done, and yes that includes Cera, he's not that bad, really. The music was well put together, the editing and CG was amazing... just an all around good movie.

Phantomess

Sep 19, 2009
Awesome film. I loved watching it with my non-geeky friends, who all looked confused at the geek references. I think that made me laugh even more than the film.

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
strange, I watched it for a movie based on a game...

And got exactly that.

But the whole 20 year old dating a 18 year old being so...
Alien was sad. Sorry if you think your that far away in age by two years... seriously how outa touch is that person.

Busdriver580

Dec 22, 2009
Loved it, I've watched it about 5 times. Some would say it's just entertaining or standard fare. Personally I appreciate contextualizing real world problems as video games. Also I loved the directing, especially in the first act.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Joel Robinson said:
One of my fav films ever (only beaten by Submarine). If you liked the film its well worth getting the comic books its based on. The story is a little different but still loads of fun
Interesting to me, that most of the shots in the movie are similar to how it is showed out in the book.

fangsandflames3133

Mar 9, 2011
Love it. But I was already huge fan of the manga (graphic novel for the uninformed). If you liked the movie you should definitely check them out! :)

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
Nerdgasm because I read the comic before watching the movie.
If I hadn't, I would probably blast it for having a disjointed story and pacing problems galore.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Okay, if Scott Pilgrim was heroin, and that movie was a syringe, I'd be face down in a ditch, with blood coming out of my eyes.

...by which I mean I loved Scott Pilgrim. Probably my favorite movie ever. Without exaggeration.

natster43 said:
I thought it was amazing. In fact I watched it three times while it was in theaters.
I also did this.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
TheFunPolice said:
So yeah I finally got round to watching it, I thought it was really quite good, good music, good actors and an amusing script, I'd rate it 4.5 out of 5. So did anybody else like it as much as I did?
I would say that it is 5/5. I'm not operating under the assumption that 5 is perfect, perfect is impossible, but I would put it in the top 1% of movies I've ever watched, and if that doesn't deserve a 5 rating, nothing does.

FallenTraveler

Jun 11, 2010
Carlston said:
strange, I watched it for a movie based on a game...

And got exactly that.

But the whole 20 year old dating a 18 year old being so...
Alien was sad. Sorry if you think your that far away in age by two years... seriously how outa touch is that person.
well, it was a 22 year old dating a 17 year old... that changes things a little

OT: I Love that movie!!! I watch it all the time, it was right up my alley, and I didnt mind michael cera because, as movie bob said, he is kind of playing an ass, and he gets his ass kicked, so that was fun.

Especially #4... loved that whole "You had a sexy phase?!" thing.