I just finished watching Scott Pilgrim

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
It was good, totally mindfucked me at the start since it was one of those movies I went into knowing absolutely nothing about it.

BstrdChris

Feb 10, 2011
Anchupom said:
BstrdChris said:
Anchupom said:
I quote the dvd cover - "prepare to have a new favourite movie."
Yeah.
i got all prepared for a whole lotta nothin. they actually gave me my money back.
Not a fan then? Every man or woman to his of her own, I guess...

a fan, yes. just not so much of the movie. i own all of the books. i REEEEEEEEALLY just don't like that Michael Cera kid.

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
Arashiofordo3 said:
Bigsmith said:
Loved it, went to read the manga it was based off.

Love the manga even more.
Its not a manga its a comic book. There is a difference. Sorry to get snobby but calling the comic books 'manga' is like calling Skooby-Do an anime.
Ah yes, just looked up the wiki page. I stand corrected. May have to get onto the local Waterstones for putting it in the Manga section.

Secondaly, I forbid you to ever making that reference ever again. Not only because it's horribly wrong, but because it's just a horrible show, even for a kids show.

Anezay

Apr 1, 2010
I actually think Michael Cera works as Scott Pilgrim. The fact that he's an unlikeable, immature little shit with no redeeming qualities is kind of the point.
OT: I thought the movie was fucking awesome.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
Despite Michael Cera's annoying voice the movie made up for it with good acting and jokes usually at Cera's expense. I say 4 out of 5.

rapidoud

Feb 1, 2008
Did not like it.

Epitomised everything of pop culture and so I was very surprised that I loathed it, and everyone I know loathed it.

Arashiofordo3

Mar 19, 2010
Anchupom said:
Arashiofordo3 said:
Bigsmith said:

Its not a manga its a comic book. There is a difference. Sorry to get snobby but calling the comic books 'manga' is like calling Skooby-Do an anime.
It's spelt Scooby Doo. And I'll have you know it's an animated artpiece.

[/sarcasm]
;D
Ah thanks for the spelling, the phonetic hard 'k' always throws me off, and the spell checker doesn't help. Nah, I wouldn't go with animated artpiece. It comes across as being too pretentious for a show concerning a talking dog and halloween costumes. I would define it as an 'Animated Western Cartoon'. Or perhaps an 'episodic motion drawing series'.

I am now going to spend half an hour trying to define Scooby Doo, god damnit. X3

LikeDustInTheWind

Mar 29, 2010
Awesome movie, awesome-er book. I do see how some people wouldn't like it but I personally think it's FUCKIN' AMAZING. It's also nice to see a bunch of other people with avatars from it here.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
TheFunPolice said:
So yeah I finally got round to watching it, I thought it was really quite good, good music, good actors and an amusing script, I'd rate it 4.5 out of 5. So did anybody else like it as much as I did?
Best romantic comedy Ever. ^^

Also, I loved the Revolutionary Girl Utena reference. ^^

Arashiofordo3

Mar 19, 2010
Bigsmith said:
Arashiofordo3 said:
Bigsmith said:

Ah yes, just looked up the wiki page. I stand corrected. May have to get onto the local Waterstones for putting it in the Manga section.

Secondaly, I forbid you to ever making that reference ever again. Not only because it's horribly wrong, but because it's just a horrible show, even for a kids show.
I agree, I wholeheartedly agree. But when you are looking for a show which is the poler opposite to an anime Scooby Doo is the best answer. Even if it is terrible.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Very funny, quality film. Never read the comic myself, but I saw it around prior to watching the movie, and I was kind of off-put by the actor for scott, he just didn't seem anything like how I'd imagined him to look or sound... but that's just me being weird. Loved it otherwise.

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
Eh...it was alright, liked the game more. Movie felt a bit rushed, which is understandable, but still. Never read the comics.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
awesome film, i would have prefered it to be split into maybe another film or 2 so more of the comics could have been explored, but apart from that i think it was pretty good

punksnotdead

Mar 4, 2011
Yeah it was pretty good. Although I think Scott's band should of been a Nintendocore band.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax2xcEPooVw

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
I loved this movie. I love it more than Star Wars.

Also, Scooby-Doo's not bad at all. My favorite shows being The 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo, and the recent Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated. Most of the movies in the past few years (save Zombie Island) and "What's New Scooby Doo?" were all trash, though.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
Funny, when the movie first came out half the escapist said they hated it, now 90% loved it. Oh how opinions change when they actually watch the movie rather then saying they hate it because Michael Cera is in it.

I saw it on release day, I get extra nerd points.

theonlyblaze2

Aug 20, 2010
Saw it in theaters because I couldn't see Machete. I am very happy my friend's mom is so overprotective. Best movie of that year and one of my top ten. Plus, it was the only time I have ever heard a full theater laugh until they cried all at once.