I Just Joined the "PC Master Race", what games should i buy???

KapnKerfuffle

May 17, 2008
two words:
nude mods.

But seriously, how good a rig we talking? Get some texture upgrades for Skyrim and it will look great. I haven't been near the Skyrim Nexus lately, but I think they still have the 4GB switch mod and it runs like a dream.

legendp

Jul 9, 2010
TheFPSisDead said:
I already bough Skyrim, redeemed my free copy of Portal 2, and have Starcraft II, just to give you an idea of genre's i like.
Crysis 1 and 2 as well as warhead (FPS)
mass effect 1 and 2 (and probably 3) all work a lot better on PC becuase of hotkeys and 60fps means better lip syncing,
lots of indie games like amnesia the dark decent and waves.
Command and conquer 3 (RTS)
Battle for middle earth 1 and 2 as well as expansion (RTS)
Prey 1 (and 2 when it comes out)
Mirrors edge (ironically I would use a 360 controller for this though)

I know there is more but I cannot currently think of them right now

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
Jodah said:
Eh, I would say just play what you have for now. Steam should be throwing a spring sale relatively soon. At which point you can "BUY ALL THE THINGS!!!"
Yep, buy all the things indeed. On Amazon of course because Steam sales havent been good in a long while.

BelmontWolf

Feb 27, 2012
Basically get all the games you already have on consoles and mod the hell out of them till they are a different game. XD

There are alot of fairly good free to play mmos these days and aion has now gone free to play in Europe and the US.

Professor Putricide

Nov 15, 2009
Magicka. <3

If you can get some friends, it's only better. But it's still pretty damn good alone.

Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_XP9OBWGKo

(Check out some of the other 'WTF is...' videos from that guy, TotalBiscuit. They'll give you a LOT of good ideas of great, indie, cheap games you can enjoy too!)

TheFPSisDead

Jan 3, 2011
way2sl0w said:
Being part of the "PC Master Race" is not about games. It's about the smug sense of superiority over those console scrubs (check mark for you), how high your PC can score on the Battlefield 3 & Witcher 2 benchmarks, and crying on forums about how crappy console ports are holding back the DirectX 11 tesselating ubersampling awesomeness of the PC.
Only thing holding me back is my dual core processor (should have bought a quad :( but oh well)

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
TheFPSisDead said:
I already bough Skyrim, redeemed my free copy of Portal 2, and have Starcraft II, just to give you an idea of genre's i like.

EDIT:

For those of you asking about my specs i have:

the Evga Geforce GTX 285 2GB
4GB of RAM
Intel X2 Duo 2.8 ghz CPU <<< only thing holding me back :(
1 TB HDD
You need steam my friend, where you can search to your hearts content and find an absolute gem of a game for under 10 pounds ;)

Pompey71 said:
Ignore all new games, get on GOG.com and get Baldurs Gate 2
Oh and yeah OP you should definitely get the Baldurs gate collection, it's old but an absolutely magical experience :)

I wish you luck, welcome to the good side :3

x EvilErmine x

Cake or death?!
Apr 5, 2010
Okies lets begin with...

and then

You can also try

As well as maybe some

Or

That should be enough for you to be getting along with for a while.

Ryank1908

Oct 18, 2009
Witcher 2, Shogun 2, get on the free beta for Tribes Ascend, Battlefield 3, try a MOBA like HoN or LoL, and wait for the Steam Summer Sales. That's about all of the advice you need. As people have said, don't overlook indie or older games - Baldur's Gate 2 is still one of the best games on the platform.

JochemHippie

Trippin' balls man.
Jan 9, 2012
If you want to jump the mainstream smugness buy Battlefield 3, though if you want to go all out elitist "realism" smug get Arma 2.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Left 4 Dead 2 with your friends. Once you have played all the maps and know them well, then move on the Verses mode for a REAL challenge.

Unreal Tournament 2004 - "Turbo Insta-Gib" mod mainly (it's way more fun)

Serious Sam 3/Painkiller/Hard-Reset

Bioshock/Deus-Ex/Half Life series

Team Fortress 2 (it's FREE remember)

Doom 1, 2, Final with Zdoom emulator.