I Like My Fighting F**ktoy's

Pr0

Feb 20, 2008
Hello internet.

I just want to say I like my fighting fucktoy's. And I want to know why that's a bad thing.

I grew up in a world where women are equal to men. I grew up in a world where gay relationships are completely normal. I grew up in a world where what made people happy was just fine as long as no one lost an eye.

What happened to that world? Why are people trying to tell me my toys are wrong?

I haven't yanked the vibrator out of my fiancee's desk and told her shes wrong for enjoying the occasional orgasm without me. I don't go around to the local gay bar and tell the guys and girls there they're wrong for enjoying each others company. I don't waste my time going to local churches and heckling people for worshiping a spaghetti monster.

So if I want to enjoy a game as a female character or that features a female character that I find visually and sexually appealing and part of the reason I find that character appealing is because she kicks ass....why is that wrong? Explain to me what is wrong with that?

If everyone else is normal and what they're doing is just fine...then I am too. Just because I like empowered, distractingly dressed alpha females that can be admired both for their beauty and their capabilities doesn't make me some kind of terrorist.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Because if it doesn't fit the tone of the story, if it's a female character who is scantily clad soldier in the middle of a modern war zone, I'm gonna call it what it is. Bad and lazy writing. All I want is consistent tone in my stories.

And for the love of Christ, when I criticize female characters like this I am not criticizing the people who enjoy them. No one is saying you're a bad person for enjoying it. Chill. Out. Or am I allowed to run around the forums saying how everyone is telling me I'm wrong for enjoying Halo and console gaming?

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
I dont really think it promotes sexism or mysogony in the same way that GTA doesnt make you a mass murderer

Id also like to add that upon reading the title I though you were carrying out some sort of combat using dildos. Perhaps its worth a title change

Pr0

Feb 20, 2008
erttheking said:
Because if it doesn't fit the tone of the story, if it's a female character who is scantily clad soldier in the middle of a modern war zone, I'm gonna call it what it is. Bad and lazy writing. All I want is consistent tone in my stories.

And for the love of Christ, when I criticize female characters like this I am not criticizing the people who enjoy them. No one is saying you're a bad person for enjoying it. Chill. Out.
I'm not sure I'd appreciate a scantily clad female in a warzone either, you're right that would be lazy writing.

But where it fits and where the character fits the tone I don't see the issue.

And while you may not be saying that hetero-normative men that enjoy games like this are bad people, the general message being sent is "If you like boob armor, you're a terrorist".

Thats hyperbole, but the internet is BUILT on hyperbole.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Pr0 said:
I grew up in a world where women are equal to men. I grew up in a world where gay relationships are completely normal. I grew up in a world where what made people happy was just fine as long as no one lost an eye.
Oh hello there, and let me be the first to welcome you to Earth. Unfortunately, we aren't anywhere near that advanced yet, but we are working on it.

Pr0

Feb 20, 2008
shootthebandit said:
I dont really think it promotes sexism or mysogony in the same way that GTA doesnt make you a mass murderer

Id also like to add that upon reading the title I though you were carrying out some sort of combat using dildos. Perhaps its worth a title change
That would be an awesome video response if Youtube still allowed video responses.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Pr0 said:
erttheking said:

And for the love of Christ, when I criticize female characters like this I am not criticizing the people who enjoy them. No one is saying you're a bad person for enjoying it. Chill. Out.
I'm not sure I'd appreciate a scantily clad female in a warzone either, you're right that would be lazy writing.

And while you may not be saying that hetero-normative men that enjoy games like this are bad people, the general message being sent is "If you like boob armor, you're a terrorist".

Well if that's the case then there's no problem is there?

...Uh-huh. Forgive me if I feel like that's a bit of an overreaction.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Pr0 said:
Where do you live, and can I move there?
(Also are there dragons too? That would be perfect.)

Pr0

Feb 20, 2008
Lieju said:
Pr0 said:
No dragon's. But the rest of it is there, when I read back what I wrote its easy to see why people would say "We don't live in that world."

Heres the thing....WE don't have to live in that world. Its the world I choose to live in. You can live there too, so can anyone else. The world you live in is largely what you put in your own head anyways....actually biologically and neurologically that's 100% accurate.

Pr0

Feb 20, 2008
erttheking said:
Pr0 said:
erttheking said:

It would be an over reaction amongst about 300 million huger over reactions at this point.

Pr0

Feb 20, 2008
TheKasp said:
No one gives a fuck if you like them. Do that. Good for you. Don't try and silence people who don't lile them.
I don't, what part of this post says I'm trying to silence anyone? The post says....hey we all like different stuff, as long as it makes us happy and it doesn't hurt anyone, thats alright...right?

You have an rather aggressive posture for someone with an MLP avatar.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Pr0 said:
erttheking said:
Pr0 said:
erttheking said:

It would be an over reaction amongst about 300 million huger over reactions at this point.
And that has what to do with anything? We're talking about what you said right now, not what other people said. And I'm sorry, I can't take the claim that people who dislike sexualized characters are saying "If you like boob armor you're a terrorist" seriously.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Pr0 said:
Lieju said:
Pr0 said:
No dragon's. But the rest of it is there, when I read back what I wrote its easy to see why people would say "We don't live in that world."

Heres the thing....WE don't have to live in that world. Its the world I choose to live in. You can live there too, so can anyone else. The world you live in is largely what you put in your own head anyways....actually biologically and neurologically that's 100% accurate.
I'm gonna be living in a world full of dragons from now on then, thanks for the advice.
Also I might choose to include some cats and all my pets.
Bye.

Jux

Hmm
Sep 2, 2012
Pr0 said:
Sounds a lot like power of positive thinking woo, like, if you just believe hard enough, it'll happen. I think it reminds me of a certain character created by J.M. Barrie.

I do wonder why this was made though, as it's pretty aparent this is directed at grassgremlins thread. Where is the discussion value?

Pr0

Feb 20, 2008
Lieju said:
Pr0 said:
Lieju said:
Pr0 said:

I'm gonna be living in a world full of dragons from now on then, thanks for the advice.
Bye.
Sounds like a solid plan. I wish you luck and happiness.

erttheking said:
Pr0 said:
erttheking said:
Pr0 said:
erttheking said:

And that has what to do with anything? We're talking about what you said right now, not what other people said. And I'm sorry, I can't take the claim that people who dislike sexualized characters are saying "If you like boob armor you're a terrorist" seriously.
Granted but don't you think the polemic has shifted away from "we dislike sexualized characters" and more towards "sexualization of characters is wrong and the people that enjoy sexualized characters are the reason this problem exists".

There I took "terrorist" out of the hyperbolic simplification, perhaps its easier to run through the punch card machine and see if it checks out this time.

Pr0

Feb 20, 2008
Jux said:
Pr0 said:
Sounds a lot like power of positive thinking woo, like, if you just believe hard enough, it'll happen. I think it reminds me of a certain character created by J.M. Barrie.

I do wonder why this was made though, as it's pretty aparent this is directed at grassgremlins thread. Where is the discussion value?
Uh I didn't see Gas Gremlin's thread til after I made this one, the term "Fighting Fucktoy's" is actually used on Twitter with an origin from Feminist Frequency I believe.

Pr0

Feb 20, 2008
TheKasp said:
Pr0 said:
TheKasp said:
No one gives a fuck if you like them. Do that. Good for you. Don't try and silence people who don't lile them.
I don't, what part of this post says I'm trying to silence anyone? The post says....hey we all like different stuff, as long as it makes us happy and it doesn't hurt anyone, thats alright...right?

You have an rather aggressive posture for someone with an MLP avatar.
No, you did not say that. And I should've been more clear that my answer was more general and way less directed at you.

Yes, as long as I'm free to critique the shit I'm passionate about in ways I'm interested in you're free to like whatever you want to like. Because I really don't see the connection between those two things. I can rip apart games, movies and series I like in many different ways.

Yeah, I'm a bit tired of this whole ordeal.
Everyone has a right to opinion and critique. I'm not saying you have to like what I like, or that you shouldn't say what I like isn't to your taste, all I'm saying is I feel like I'm wrong for liking what I like because of how all this stuff has gone. I've almost never looked at a social movement in the world and went "Wait...what?" like I have with this one.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Pr0 said:
Lieju said:
Pr0 said:
Lieju said:
Pr0 said:

Bye.
Sounds like a solid plan. I wish you luck and happiness.

erttheking said:
Pr0 said:
erttheking said:
Pr0 said:
erttheking said:

Granted but don't you think the polemic has shifted away from "we dislike sexualized characters" and more towards "sexualization of characters is wrong and the people that enjoy sexualized characters are the reason this problem exists".

There I took "terrorist" out of the hyperbolic simplification, perhaps its easier to run through the punch card machine and see if it checks out this time.
No, no no no. I will grant you that there is some "The sexualization of characters is wrong IF it serves no purpose other than to titillate." But people who enjoy it are part of the problem? No.

We're never gonna get anywhere in these discussions if everyone takes every criticism personally. I like sexy characters too. When they make sense.