I love it but I don't want to play it again.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
One game that just came to my mind; Borderlands 3. And I was hyped enough to get the first season pass.

Gameplay-wise I really enjoyed it. Zane had some hilarious comments and one-liners to different situations he was in. And the gun gameplay was really fun too.

But the story was terrible. And I tried to like Ava, but sort of like real-life kids she wasn't always fun character to be around. The Main bads were pretty bland too.

I also hated the fact that I had to either buy season pass 2 or director's cut to access 4th build for "more complete" build. Fuck that noise, didn't buy into their bullshit, and now it's just sitting there in my steam library collecting digital dust

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I don't see myself tackling the harder modes of NG Sigma 2 or NG3:RE. More so the latter. I will still play the co-op survival and survival challenge modes for funsies.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Probably Triangle Strategy. This game was *awesome*, a complete surprise for me. But after doing 2 playthroughs of the game (one on my own, one I blitzed through on NG+ for the true ending), there isn't a whole lot I haven't seen at this point that would make going back worth it

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I don't see myself ever playing No More Heroes 2 ever again. There's still annoying jank in that game that has not been fixed for the modern ports. The last boss sucks too.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Long, linear, singleplayer games.

So pretty much anything by Naughty Dog.

I tried to replay The Last of Us 1, and Uncharted 4 recently, but I just couldn't do it. Both of these games are fantastic, and I love both of their stories, but the gameplay doesnt engage me enough, to replay something for 15h+.

I'd honestly rather just rewatch a "movie" version of these games on YouTube, which is exactly what I did with TLoU 1, after I realised that I couldn't be bothered with it, again.
Following on my from my original post in this thread, this time for The Last of Us Part 2, but for different reasons.

I just cant be bothered to scavenge. I have aired this grievance in the past with this game, but really my feelings are that The Last of Us' gameplay encourages you to scavenge for every available resource (because every bullet and health kit really counts), but the larger gameplay sections of The Last of Us 2 (even in the more linear sections) grind the pacing to a halt, as you are ransacking every house in the neighbourhood, for anything that you can find, instead of pressing on with the story.

My girlfriend really wants to watch me play this game again, but I just cant stomach the looting.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Any competitive online games, especially ones with a ranking system;

I had fun playing these games. I really did, especially when playing with friends. But these games brought out my ugly side, something I thought I had worked out a long time ago; Rage, self-loathe, giving up, frustration, etc. It reminded me of my 8 years-old self, who cried and threw a fit for losing competitive physical activities. The fact that the ranking system usually punishes me for doing bad and demoting my rank really dampened my spirit.

I tried staying calm. I tried not to take these games too seriously. I tried learning from losses and spent countless hours watching coaching videos on youtube. But it was just an endless cycle of freeing frustrated for doing bad and not really improving because the frustration would get the better of me.

I am not saying I was the 100% the victim, but there was no way in hell I was staying with those games. So I had to leave those games and the small discord community that revolved around these games.

Now I'm all about single-player games, and only those. I can't even bring myself to play co-op pve games because I don't trust myself or anyone unfortunate enough to play with me.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Well for me, most games- the reason I keep replaying the very few games I replay is because there is something really special about them. With all the rest, I am usually worn down by the time I get to the end and either I just want to finish them so that I can feel a sense of accomplishment or see how it ends.
I love the God of War games to death but the thought of starting over after I achieved victory through literal Ragnarok seems disheartening.

But the game I'm gonna single out especially is The Witcher 2. I can't express my admiration for this game enough- it is one of the games that propelled my interest in gaming to the level where I care about the medium more than movies and TV now. The specific art style really does it for me, the wacky characters, that slightly "off" feel about the whole thing, and those absolutely brilliant quests. And, yes, that whole thing in the middle where one choice completely changes the second half of the game is awesome. So, yeah, I played the game twice, you kind of have to really (or at least position a good save file).

But, man, that combat and navigation, I couldn't deal with it now. The game is old so, whatever, but it was also the studio's first foray into designing for a controller and it shows, it was already clunky and terrible for its time. Some folks complain about Witcher 3's combat and movement and I've already talked about how strongly I disagree with that- W3 still feels great to me and that's why I've replayed it like 20 times. But W2 is just not good any more, actually feels dated. Easily one of the greatest games ever IMO though.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Well for me, most games- the reason I keep replaying the very few games I replay is because there is something really special about them. With all the rest, I am usually worn down by the time I get to the end and either I just want to finish them so that I can feel a sense of accomplishment or see how it ends.
I love the God of War games to death but the thought of starting over after I achieved victory through literal Ragnarok seems disheartening.

But the game I'm gonna single out especially is The Witcher 2. I can't express my admiration for this game enough- it is one of the games that propelled my interest in gaming to the level where I care about the medium more than movies and TV now. The specific art style really does it for me, the wacky characters, that slightly "off" feel about the whole thing, and those absolutely brilliant quests. And, yes, that whole thing in the middle where one choice completely changes the second half of the game is awesome. So, yeah, I played the game twice, you kind of have to really (or at least position a good save file).

But, man, that combat and navigation, I couldn't deal with it now. The game is old so, whatever, but it was also the studio's first foray into designing for a controller and it shows, it was already clunky and terrible for its time. Some folks complain about Witcher 3's combat and movement and I've already talked about how strongly I disagree with that- W3 still feels great to me and that's why I've replayed it like 20 times. But W2 is just not good any more, actually feels dated. Easily one of the greatest games ever IMO though.
I agree 100%, but I also say it's still way more replayable than Witcher 1. Because goddamn, Geralt's slow run cycle and rhythm-based combat made me never wanna touch W1 again

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I agree 100%, but I also say it's still way more replayable than Witcher 1. Because goddamn, Geralt's slow run cycle and rhythm-based combat made me never wanna touch W1 again
I didn’t mind it, but that was because there was nothing else in that genre at the time that was done much better anyways.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Tokyo Beat Down - Love is a bit of a strong word, but I thought it was decent for the time. I never actually owned the game and played it on it emulator back in 2010. Once you get the best ending, there is not much replay value in the game. Not to mention that getting upgrades to moves are tedious and you have to do specific challenges (half of which the game doesn't exactly tell you on how to get them), and that even for the time, TBD is it really basic brawler. Which is the same, because the story is good and actually entertained. The game definitely could have used the survival mode to extend some replay value. Some actual co-op too. Too many other better throwback brawlers came out in the following years afterward, either on DS, 3DS, on home consoles.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Ogre Battle 64. A real epic for me to play as a kid, going on a years long campaign in game to win a war, it was a real, true, full adventure.

But I never want to play it again because of the many things you can miss in the game, a lot of them based on how fast you get to a certain point in the story. As a kid I used a guide to try figuring it all out but even now as an adult it's stressful thinking about how I'd have to plan ahead to get to specific points in a timely manner.