I need a bad ass hobby.

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
You can't get more badass than being in a heavy metal band. You get to pose all you want, regardless of how good you are!

Mar 9, 2010
Learn how to cook, everyone loves a guy who can cook. It's especially good when you just whip out your culinary skills and make some awesome dish when everyone was expecting a heated up pizza and some microwave chips.

bean burrito

Jul 10, 2009
I don't know if you can actually call it "badass", but cartricks are the way to go.
Chicks love card tricks.
Check out The Royal Road to card magic ([link]http://www.amazon.com/Royal-Road-Card-Magic/dp/0486408434[/link])
and if you really wanna learn fast you should pirate buy Paul Wilson's how to videos ([link]http://www.talkmagic.co.uk/ftopic12934.php[/link])

Burs

Jan 28, 2011
lobster1077 said:
Take krav maga classes and learn the correct method and etiquette about kicking someone in the balls. Its awesome, go and do it now. Barrrogghoww
Ahh Krav Maga the only martial art which taught me the correct response to a knife-weilding maniac is to raise your arms in surrender, kick him in the balls, knee him in the balls, knee him in the balls again, once more for good measure and persuade the police that it was you who was attacked.

I certainly recommend Krav, or Hiking or Join one of the Cadet Corps http://www.cadets.ca/home-accueil.aspx?LangType=4105 Im a UK Sea Cadet Instructor and its all good clean fun ^.^

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
I recommend Scuba Diving. I started diving 2 years ago and it is always a conversation starter. It is also an adventure sport, so women are into that kind of thing.

Here I am 30m under the surface of Lake Huron:

You an also get the frogman look going with the right mask and fins. Also diving is one of the few sports that requires you to strap at least one knife to your leg.

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
Burs said:
lobster1077 said:
Take krav maga classes and learn the correct method and etiquette about kicking someone in the balls. Its awesome, go and do it now. Barrrogghoww
Ahh Krav Maga the only martial art which taught me the correct response to a knife-weilding maniac is to raise your arms in surrender, kick him in the balls, knee him in the balls, knee him in the balls again, once more for good measure and persuade the police that it was you who was attacked.

I certainly recommend Krav, or Hiking or Join one of the Cadet Corps http://www.cadets.ca/home-accueil.aspx?LangType=4105 Im a UK Sea Cadet Instructor and its all good clean fun ^.^
Don't join the sea cadets. In canada the sea cadets are the laughing stock of the three branches. I would suggest air cadets as my roommate got his powered flight licence through them and saved about $15 000. He "aged-out" at the highest rank (warrant officer grade 2 I think) is now a CI.

3aqua

Aug 17, 2010
I'm not sure if it counts as 'Bad ass' but I like listening to music (1909 to a few days ago) and writing short stories.
The good thing about writing is you can do it anywhere, including classrooms (Trust me I know)

latiasracer

Jul 7, 2011
Take up Airfix Models. It's a double hobby , It's entertaining AND it prevents more bad relationships by repelling females 100%! ;) Trust me, This works!

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Threx said:
EDIT: Also something I could do in class is preferable, I have an easy semester.
My room mate recently re-kindled his love for rubik's cubes. It's pretty awesome once you learn the algorithms, he's up to solving a 5x5 now. And for lectures he brings along a 3x3, since he only has to glance at it occasionally to know what algorithm to use next. I know, it doesn't sound badass. But it is really cool to watch.

Or you could... I don't know. For stuff in classes, just do brainteaser stuff like sudoku or rubik's cubes, or dexterity things like rolling a coin along your knuckles. I used to do that in class, until I dropped the coin on the desk, and it started rolling away from me. I don't do that in class anymore.

ADDLibrarian

May 25, 2008
Medieval,Civil War reenactments, or other Creative Anachronism stuff
Fencing
Ampguard
LARPing
Breakdancing
Poi
Parkour
Juggling
Archery
Magic

Any of these doing anything for ya? Any EXTREEEEME enough?
Be sure to be careful and get professional training or assistance (especially with parkour- don't go running up walls and hurting yourself)

As for doing stuff in class, you shouldn't be doing anything in class but CLASSWORK, silly. Teacher's not gonna want you doing other crap when he/she is trying to teach. Seriously.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Spar with bears that have flaming swords for hands and spontaneously combust without warning.

Or if you want something a little more tame, try dwarf tossing.