I need a new anime.

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
Pimpy01 said:
Marowit said:
*snip*

edit: I hear Van Hellsing is pretty good (but there is a specific version that's substantial better than the others, and I'm blanking at the moment)
I think you mean Hellsing (no Van). The OVA series is better than the TV series.
That'd be it. Thank you sir.

Thespian42

Apr 5, 2009
My friend, you need to check out The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. It is one of the best animated, best written, and interesting shows I've ever seen. Funny, too!

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
I will recomend Basilisk.
A little oversentimental at times, but great characters and story overall.

Also, if you like comedy and craziness, try Excel Saga. It has several annoying anime chicks, but it mostly plays with that trope for laughs.

Loves2spooge

Apr 13, 2009
klarr said:
loves2spooge said:
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Cowboy Bebop
Neon Genesis Evangelion

All brilliant, especially Ghost in the Shell.
all of those brilliant... buuuut neon genisis is well.... the last few episodes were filler.
all it was is shinji going insane in a quest to become more acceptant of himself and his reality.
realy good anime but as soon as the 16th episode ends he kinda goes over the deep end and is entirely insane... as was the directer at that point in the anime.
i meant no offence i just wanted to add to your comment and tell the people reading this.

PS. awsome line up too, the ones you mentioned were all my favorites!
Don't worry about it man, you're completely right, the last two episodes especially are just horrible, and such an anti-climax to an incredible series. So many unanswered questions it's unbelievable.

Still OP, don't let that disuade you, it's still well worth the watch. There's a reason why it's so popular.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
The "no annoying anime girl" criteria, along with Greyfox's Haruhi suggestion, apparently caused quite the brouhaha.

On topic, I'll admit I haven't seen as much anime as I wish, but Gurren Lagann is the one I'll give as it's necessary. For the record, Yoko is actually a decent character with a non-annoying personality, the large tracts of land are simply a bonus. The main characters being "beastmen" might qualify as "furry stuff," however, though they aren't sexualized (aside from Viral to a light extent, but he's very much humanoid).

Grand_Arcana

Aug 5, 2009
How about Claymore. I was thinking about re-watching it soon. There are girls, but they're not what some would call Moe. [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Moe]

Code Geass is over-the-top but I really liked it.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
Cowboy Bebop
Street Fighter 2:the animated movie (not to be confused with the western SF movies)

ImpostorZim

Jan 7, 2009
It's already been suggested since the first post, but it's for a good reason. FLCL (Fooly Cooly) all the way.

But you know what might be interesting? I just started watching it and I'm surprised by how not crappy it is. Check out the Disgaea anime. You might actually like it.

lenneth

Aug 17, 2008
Piecewise said:
Greyfox105 said:
Ok, on what you said:
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni,
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai,
Umineko no Naku Koro ni,
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
I'll list more as they come to me.
I believe these go against the
"No annoying anime girls"

Also Haruhi could be said to go against the "No filler" if you include the Endless 8 set which positively screams filler.
Maybe, but are the girls on Higurashi really that annoying?

also, The 2nd season of Haruhi Didn't happen. ever.

lets see if i cant make some suggestions
Gurren Lagann
Soul Eater (51 Episodes i know but still good)
Spice & Wolf (ears and a tail isn't furry)

those 3 are the main ones that spring to mind, might think of more later

Newtilator

Sep 16, 2009
Buso Renkin. Underrated, and only 26 filler free episodes!
It's really incredible, and the only dubbed animé ive seen where the dub rivals the original quality.
Its a sci fi/fantasy mix, there are some mechas, and a touching sub plot romance!
Watch! Watch now! Its from the creator of Rurono Kenshin, so ive youve seen that It might be a bit too familiar...
Failing that, FLCL. The best way to define it is FUUUUUUUUUUU.....!!

Gauntes

Jun 22, 2009
klarr said:
loves2spooge said:
Cowboy Bebop
Neon Genesis Evangelion

all of those brilliant... buuuut neon genisis is well.... the last few episodes were filler.
all it was is shinji going insane in a quest to become more acceptant of himself and his reality.
realy good anime but as soon as the 16th episode ends he kinda goes over the deep end and is entirely insane... as was the directer at that point in the anime.
i meant no offence i just wanted to add to your comment and tell the people reading this.

As far as I know, they had to make their later episodes that way because of the budget
if you watch again, you'll notice ridiculous lack of animation and most of the images repeat and mostly voices...

so watching the remake (Evangelion Rebuild I think...) will be much clearer perspective on what the creators actually wanted to do with it.

acturisme

Jul 21, 2008
klarr said:
loves2spooge said:
Cowboy Bebop
Neon Genesis Evangelion

Then there is End of Evangelion. But a pureist would say that that's noncanon.