I need a new anime.

Lonan

Dec 27, 2008
S-Cry-Ed has only 26 episodes. Death Note has has 37 episodes, and a really annoying anime chick, but besides that it's AWESOME.

mip0

Nov 25, 2009
Berserk
- 25 episodes
- no annoying anime chicks
- sub-plot romance, with tits :p

KiruTheMant

Nov 2, 2009
Can't say she's annoying,but here's 2,Might not be translated,and one has a followup.

Rosario + Vampire
Hyde and Closer

cabalistics

May 4, 2009
Black Lagoon is my recomendation. It's sort of like someone mashed together the best 80's American, Hong Kong action and Japanese Yakuza films into one series

xavierxenon

Aug 10, 2009
Without trying to sound like an ass, you really can't be into the genre that much if your having to ask other people.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
Though they've already been mentioned I have to second Black Lagoon, Blue Gender and Elfen Lied. Those three are awesome. Also, the newest version of Guyver (the 2005 version, not the eighties version) is bad-ass.

SUPA FRANKY

Aug 18, 2009
Now and Then Here and there...the only anime that had actually made me cry ad the anime that truly got me into anime. its about a boy name Shu who gets transported to another world due to the mishaps of a girl named La-La Ru. Please...watch it.

Also...Gurren Laggen made my head explode due to its epicness.
Alchemist of Steel has some of the best fights in anime
One piece has like 400 episodes, but once you make it to the Arlong Park Arc, you will be hooked.

Chancie

Sep 23, 2009
You should probably say which ones you've seen...

But I'd suggest Death Note. That one's pretty good, though if I remember right, it's over 30 episodes. I think it's like 37 or 47 or something...around there.

Wolf's Rain is also fantastic. My #1 favorite and is exactly 30 episodes and meets all your requirements. :D

Uh...I have more but I'll just leave you with those two.

Newtilator

Sep 16, 2009
SUPA FRANKY said:
One piece has like 400 episodes, but once you make it to the Arlong Park Arc, you will be hooked.
I was going to say this too... Im so hooked on it I can't watch, or really do anything else....
Seriously, Enies Lobby is epic. And Cyborgs in Speedos are good in my book.

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
I always enjoyed Ghost in the Shell. The setting, the mood, it's unrivaled. Death Note is fun, too. It's (Sherlock Holmes)^2 X supernatural shizzle.

n00beffect

May 8, 2009
Hmm Kiba would be a great recommendation and also Monster and there's no way you haven't watched Death Note so I am not gonna recommend it at all... Devil May Cry... and well that's basically it,your standards are just too high...

Ocelano

Apr 14, 2009
teh_pwning_dude said:
Piecewise said:
Hellsing Ultimate, FLCL (you have to think), GITS...

Screw the episode limit, I love Code Geass :p
Actually If you consider Geass as 2 seperate series lelouch of the rebellion and r2 then it does fit the episode limit criteria and the one about having a follow up series.

Agree FLCL Is great although the entire show is just fanservice for the maker who pretty much came u with this by just throwing together everything he liked or just liked the sound of.

Excel saga is good but has an extremely annoying main character and has an entire episode devoted to fan service, the no ugly men episode, and has a follow up ova called puni-puni poemy which has some major fanservice but that is mostly for the sake of having a go at fan service.

Full metal panic is pretty good not to much in the way of fanservice lots of action and the romantic subplot is slightly undone by the total obliviousness of the main character has to follow up series called fummoffu and the second raid.

Orphen is a good option.

Want to reccommend cromarty high school there are practically no chicks the only downside for oou criteria is that you could probably define the whole series as filler.

King of bandit jing is ok not much ongoing plot though.

And as a finally the 3 patlabor movies

SomeBoredGuy

Nov 18, 2009
No one has mentioned Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series yet? I know it doesn't technically count as an anime, but I still maintain that it is essensial to watch. Why? If you have to ask, then you haven't seen it yet.

Spineyguy

Apr 14, 2009
SteelStallion said:
Someone give me one with lots of guns and explosions. More gritty warfare than giant glowing swords and laser beams from vaginas.

(although I'll take sci-fi/robots)
I can help you there.

Full Metal Panic is good for a laugh, it has Mecha, grittily realistc military setting, and a highschool romance/comedy-type-thing shoe-horned in too. There's also a spin-off series which just focuses on that last element, which was one of the funniest things I have ever watched. I highly recommend it.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
[HEADING=2]Cowboy Beebop[/HEADING]

Or Yu-gi-oh, the Abridged Series, though that's more of a comedy romp