I REALLY Want to Like You!

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
scorptatious said:
I actually like that section a bit.

If only because I can have Songbird destroy Zeppelins. Plus I kinda like the atmosphere to the battle

But yeah, I can see why people would dislike that section.
It was very tense but way too hard on higher difficulties. And I didn't even use the OP vigors...

MrHide-Patten said:
Heresy, you dareth speak ill of Bioshock Infinite, I bite thy thumb at the!
But I can't say the first one blew me away with it's game play.
At least it was more varied/strategic than Infinte's. I can put up with iffy gameplay most of the time but this just irritated me.

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
FFP2 said:
At least it was more varied/strategic than Infinte's. I can put up with iffy gameplay most of the time but this just irritated me.
I did't find the original very stategic, probably because the game was so piss easy as that any statergy simply was 'shoot man with gun', but hey I'm not a very stategic player I don't think too far ahead when I'm playing games.

I hardly used any of the plasmids in the original and the 2 gun and ammo restrictions made me play with different guns and made me rely on the vigors more. But Infinite probably just suits my prefered gameplay style than yours.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
I really, REALLY wanted to like the Orange Box games, and TF2 was a lot of fun, but Half-Life and Portal...god damn it, they were just BORING!

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
The Wykydtron said:
Otherwise...MGS HD. Particularly MGS3. The controls were SO BAD! That boss fight with The Fear just make me ragequit the game entirely. You have to hold like two aim buttons, a fire button and hit a small, fast moving, INVISIBLE target. Fuck that.

MGS2 was just a trainwreck all round. Don't even get me started on that travesty of a "game"
For that reason, one strategy you can use to defeat Fear is to throw to him poisoned food.
This will do the trick and he will become easier to kill.

Draitheryn

Jan 20, 2010
Balders Gate and NWN 2... only 2 d&d games Ive played... Balders gate because its 2nd edition and I cant stand playing for hours and finally gaining a level... and I get 4 hp. NWN 2 the combat and character mechanics seem so much better, but the characters and story just put me to sleep. I really would love to play them and enjoy them, but I seem to quit quarter way through each of them.

Krixous

Jan 15, 2013
Professor Lupin Madblood said:
Nazulu said:
I really wanted to get into the Pearl Pokemon game. Me and a friend who loved the classic games decided to revive those days with the release of newer Pokemon games, but we just couldn't immerse into them.

For one there is no challenge at all (except that cave that required flash but I decided to go without). And speaking of the cave, it was pretty much the same adventure with the same elements. We didn't find them as charming as the previous games and the music was boring so I couldn't get into that either. Plus, there were hardly any Pokemon designs that we liked and none of the legendary's motivated us to look for them. After getting through most of the game in a day we just stopped caring.

I'm sure these all sound like little things but they add up. We really did try though and we were optimistic and stuff.
You should try Pokemon Black or White. They have all the charm of the early games, but with actual mechanics and graphics and gameplay and stuff.

Black 2 and White 2 not so much, but I maintain that Black and White are the best Pokemon games to date.
Pokemon black and white is the most boring pokemon game i really wanted to like it cuz i liked the way the legendaries looked and i like pokemon but its the stupidest laziest pokemon generation update to this day i mean a fucking ice cream cone called vannilite i must say it was a improvement on gameplay but when you wanna catch em catching essentially a trashcan and a ice cream cone just seems retarded i mean i know they are running out of ideas but just make random additions on a living animal and stop with the making the what is it now 10 eevees?

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Assassin's Creed 3. I used to be a huge fan of the AC series. I ranked AC2 and even Brotherhood in my favourite games for a while. Revelations felt a bit tired but I liked Ezio so I still enjoyed it. But man was AC3 bad. None of the characters were interesting (especially Connor), the whole convoluted pieces of eden jazz got annoying and nobody mentioned what had happened regarding the ending of brotherhood in the first 5 hours!! I didn't play anymore then that because they started introducing the homestead renovations and I just couldn't make my self get through that crap. 5 hours of tutorials had worn me down and broken my love of that franchise :(

Also Dues Ex: HR. I liked the ideas, I liked setting but I just couldn't get into it. I just got bored.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
MrHide-Patten said:
Heresy, you dareth speak ill of Bioshock Infinite, I bite thy thumb at the!
Oh snap!

It's on now!! It's on like... shit, that phrase is copyrighted. Never mind.

But yeah, both games have their strong points and their weak points. While I personally prefer the first game, I can see why some people would prefer Infinite.

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
Dead Island. I guess I was just expecting something much different from what it gave me, I was SO letdown by it. My friends and I tried getting into it but it proved impossible, the final straw was when I finally acquired a revolver and realized that the zombie I was shooting could take around thirty hits without dying, regardless of whether one was a headshot. I wanted a little realism, I can understand why some people like it but I felt lied to by the trailer and cheated out of my money. I'm kinda glad the second one is getting hate to be honest.

Jun 11, 2009
Krixous said:
Pokemon black and white is the most boring pokemon game i really wanted to like it cuz i liked the way the legendaries looked and i like pokemon but its the stupidest laziest pokemon generation update to this day i mean a fucking ice cream cone called vannilite i must say it was a improvement on gameplay but when you wanna catch em catching essentially a trashcan and a ice cream cone just seems retarded i mean i know they are running out of ideas but just make random additions on a living animal and stop with the making the what is it now 10 eevees?
Oh, this is gonna be fun.
1. Trubbish is dumb, as is Garbodor. Nobody is arguing with you on this. Nobody ever argued with you on this, and it's very annoying to come across yet another fanboy who thinks he's god's gift to logic by bringing it up. Find another argument.

2. Vanillish/Vanillite/Vanilluxe are some of the strongest ice types, stat-wise.

3. You've mentioned precisely two pokemon/evolution lines that you think ruin the entirety of Gen V because they are/look stupid. I want you to Google the following Pokemon and tell me that they look dumb.
- Haxorus
- Hydreigon
- Bisharp
- Sawk
- Samurott
- Serperior
- Emboar
- Sawsbuck
- Scolipede

I could list the majority of the Pokemon introduced in Gen V, but I'll rest with those.

4. You think that catching ice cream cones and trash bags (not cans) are dumb, do you? Tell me, how dumb would it be to catch Pokemon that are literally animals? How about a sphere that evolves into another sphere? How about a Pokemon that evolves by slapping another one or two identical Pokemon onto the sprite and calling it a day?

Sounds pretty dumb, right? Guess what: that's what Gen I was. Complain about Klink/Klang/Klinklang all you want, but at least it looks visually interesting. At least it moves around instead of just SITTING THERE like every game before Black/White did.

5. Eeveelutions are radical. If you dislike them, that's your loss.

runnernda

Feb 8, 2010
Dead Island and Pokemon Yellow/Ruby/Black/Etc. I love me a zombie game, but Dead Island honestly...bored me. There was SO MUCH potential! And Pokemon...I liked the show, liked the card game, but the game? Just grinding. And grinding. Forever. Eventually I just said "WHY AM I DOING THIS?" and put down the game.

Totally looking forward to X and Y, though!

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
Terramax said:
Leemaster777 said:
Brutal Legend. I love everything about the game (the style, the entire idea of it, Jack Black, etc.), but the actual gameplay sucks a fat one.
Yes, I agree with you on this. Not only that, the writing ad cutscenes were top notch, and I wanted to continue to see more of it, but I just....couldn't...
I found the writing outside of Jack Black's parts to be if anything a missed opportunity. I suppose some of Drowned Ophelia's lines were interesting, and Doviculus was a magnificent bastard, if underused; but everything else would have invited some improvement.

But I agree on the gameplay part. Though I never really got tired of the driving.

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
MrHide-Patten said:
I did't find the original very stategic, probably because the game was so piss easy as that any statergy simply was 'shoot man with gun', but hey I'm not a very stategic player I don't think too far ahead when I'm playing games.

I hardly used any of the plasmids in the original and the 2 gun and ammo restrictions made me play with different guns and made me rely on the vigors more. But Infinite probably just suits my prefered gameplay style than yours.
You're absolutely right. BS1 was a lot easier. But it had more choice and that's what really appealed to me. I used the Electric and shotgun combo for most of the game. Infinite feels a lot more "frantic" and action-y than BS1, I'm more of a fan of slow and suspenseful.

And fuck that 2 weapon limit Infinite had.

mrgerry123

Aug 28, 2011
Fallout 3. I'm sure it's a good game and I loved the Elder Scrolls series but I couldn't get into it. I think that the focus on surviving rather than being on an epic quest made me tire of it. I logged about 20 hours on 2 different characters but couldn't get immersed, or if I did I got depressed.

dfphetteplace

Nov 29, 2009
I really wanted to like Alpha Protocol, but it sucked. It was just terrible. I also really wanted to like Bioshock. I will give it yet another try, though.

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
God of War: Ascension, hands down.

I own every single game in the franchise and I thought it couldn't get any worse than Ghost of Sparta (which really wasn't that bad). But nope! I couldn't like it just because it had the God of War label on it.

mbarker

Nov 12, 2008
Call of Duty, the whole Final Fantasy franchise, KOTOR, Fallout New Vegas, Bioshock 2 and so many others I could go on for a while still.

I`ve played all of these games multiple times and I never got into them. I have also fanatically defended how good they were. I think it is because I was told to like them, perhaps it was the click I hung-out with liked these games so I was forcing myself to like them (peer pressure is a powerful thing)

Kmadden2004

Feb 13, 2010
I love RPGs. I love open-world games. I love player-driven narratives.

But I just can't get into the Fallout and Elder Scrolls games.

From the moment I leave Vault 101, the palace dungeon, or whatever subterranean starting location and dump you out into the big, bad world, I just instantly lose all sense of agency in those games.

I've actually tried to play Oblivion three times, and Fallout 3 twice, but it's always the same pattern; I wander around the opening location for an hour or two, then just quit. It's a pity, really, because - on paper, at least - these should be the kind of games I love playing.

I had the same problem with the first Borderlands, really. I'd just mechanically play though the game, but after about an hour I end up giving up asking "what's the point in doing any of this crap?"