If a videogame character could be your best friend.

BlackSaint09

Dec 9, 2010
Dante: Because hes awesome.
Youmu Konpaku: Because she is cute.
and if visual novels count then Tomoya Okazaki... Because he is more awesome then anybody ever since ever.

ChillzMaster

Mar 23, 2011
At first I was all like "GARRUS!" but then I realized he would be all goody-goody two-shoes, totally cramping my Friendly Neighborhood Satanist style. So I guess I pick Duke Nukem. Bad game, but he'd be a great workout partner, and he'd probably be able to throw me one or two of the girls he brings home. yayz!

Epicspoon

May 25, 2010
BlackSaint09 said:
Dante: Because hes awesome.
Youmu Konpaku: Because she is cute.
and if visual novels count then Tomoya Okazaki... Because he is more awesome then anybody ever since ever.
I would have gone with kotomi but tomoya's cool too

theevilgenius60

Jun 28, 2011
Gotta go with Urdnot Wrex. Awesome dude, plenty of cool stories and no one will ever cross me on anything again

BlackSaint09

Dec 9, 2010
Actually when it comes to practicality i would have chosen Tomoyo , not Tomoya. Although yes Kotomi would be a big help with my homework and she was pretty cute.

Rage4Kon

Jul 21, 2011
the spud said:
Definitely my avatar.

He seems like a nice young fellow.
Well you would be befriending one of the most evil and powerful guys ever a.k.a Kefka, last boss from Final Fantasy 6

the spud

May 2, 2011
Rage4Kon said:
the spud said:
Definitely my avatar.

Well you would be befriending one of the most evil and powerful guys ever a.k.a Kefka, last boss from Final Fantasy 6
Exactly, doesn't it seem like you want him on your good side?

I'm still torn up over the ghost train bit.

ZodiacMaster101

Jul 6, 2010
Clank from the Ratchet and Clank series, because he is super loyal. Also, he is super smart, which would make him really good at helping me get out of sticky situations.

AlwaystheUnlucky

Oct 5, 2010
I think I'm one of the few people who would like to have Duke Nukem as a best friend. In-Universe, he's highly magnetic, and we would have a blast using all those guns. As well as being totally immature.

ProfessorEkim

Jul 23, 2011
Phoenix Wright.
He could get you out of a legal problem if necessary, he has a creative way of looking at things, he's a pretty laid back cool dude, and he can defiantly take a punch.

Nukey

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2009
Deadpool! He counts! He's been in plenty of games!

I think we'd be great friends because...well, he's Deadpool! That's why!

Slings and Arrows

Apr 25, 2011
The Mass Effect cast actually produces a lot of winners here, because damn near every single one of them has 2 great best friend factors: a)they're smart or interesting or loyal or attractive or combinations of two or more of those and b)they ain't nothing to fuck with when the fighting starts. With that said,

Garrus because despite the aforementioned goodie-two-shoes-ness he was always one of my favorite team members in terms of both personality and fighting style and he's also (especially since ME2) a reasonable and loyal dude who will consider what you have to say if you have a forceful or magnetic personality. And because he's unstoppable in a fight.

Mordin because he's direct and hyperintelligent so you'd always have an advice man, and he's also relatively morally ambiguous so you could always trust him to give you a relatively unbiased opinion of a situation if you asked it of him. Again, not one to fuck with in a fight and as a bonus, if you got virtually any disease he'd probably whip up a cure for you before you even started showing severe symptoms.

Liara because I did say some of them were attractive, now didn't I? Also intelligent applies here, and yet again she was my other favorite team member in the original, total biotic powerhouse. Don't tell me it wouldn't be fun to have a friend who can bend space-time at will.

And finally... Jehuty (Zone of the Enders). Technically you can't make friends with the Frames but you can befriend and directly influence the personality of their AIs through your actions, and having ADA as a best friend would mean you could fly motherfucking Jehuty which as far as I'm concerned was always the coolest of all those mechs, even with Anubis in the picture. Being a skilled runner and flying Jehuty would basically confer the same status upon you that Tony Stark has in Iron Man except you'd be a way more effective enforcer of world peace because you could probably circle the globe in a matter of minutes at maximum speed and the world's entire military arsenal, nukes included, wouldn't be nearly sufficient to stop you. Alternately if it floats your boat, Jehuty/ADA is a perfect companion for the world dominator/destroyer for exactly the reasons listed above.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
I'm commander Shepard and this is my best friend on the citadel!

Oh the fun we would have, flying around space, riding around the moon in a rover-tank, meeting aliens, shooting other aliens, convincing guys to shoot themselves, exploring space, telling Jopker he sounds like Seth Green, best. day. evah.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
the spud said:
Definitely my avatar.

ok a bit off topic but yeah id have to carpet bomb your house then cause i hate him with a passion.
OT: ok i have to admit the first thing that came to mind was yuri lowell from tales of vesperia but now that ive thought about it i gotta say varic from dragon age 2 cause hes varic and he knows everyone:)

the spud

May 2, 2011
ecoho said:
the spud said:
Definitely my avatar.

ok a bit off topic but yeah id have to carpet bomb your house then cause i hate him with a passion.
OT: ok i have to admit the first thing that came to mind was yuri lowell from tales of vesperia but now that ive thought about it i gotta say varic from dragon age 2 cause hes varic and he knows everyone:)
What do you hate about him? Nothing but good comes from that wonderful man (and his psychotic tendencies).