If Computers Acted Like They Do On TV

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Yes. Yes...

Add more words. More words with every issue!

[HEADING=2]HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!![/HEADING]

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Point made part-way through the first panel; point rammed into the earth over the rest of the piece.

aka Hey Aaron, you left some art uncovered this week!

Rattja

Dec 4, 2012
I know you are probably tired of hearing this, but that is a lot of words. I mean it's about 50/50 speach/draw ratio, and personally I don't consider that a good thing.
I am sure you could have done this one with far less words and delivered the exact same message.
Like how about

"What are you doing with a soldering iron and fireworks?"
"Rigging computers so they can be hacked and explode like on TV"
"Won't that damage them?"
"Nah, not unless they buy the Star trek version"

Probably missed part of the joke there somewhere, but hey you get the point.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
HO-LEE SHEEEEEEEEEEEEET

Problem: Too many words
Solution: ADD MORE

dangoball

Jun 20, 2011
I have to join the choir stating once again: too wordy.

Also this looks like a joke that was funny on the drawing board but it was axed by the execution (ooh, pun!) or just doesn't work.

Alma Mare

Nov 14, 2010
I really don't want to come across as dickish, but these comics... they're just not that funny. Artwork is nice, the idea for the point is nice, the execution just botches it. Too verbose, no rhythm, no build-up, no punchline.

It feels like wasted potential, tbh.

Silence

Living undeath to the fullest
Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
Well, let's just say I was thinking the same thing the rest of the posters were thinking.

Whyyyyy

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
I don't really care about too much words to complain.
Loved the Photon Torpedo. Except they are impossible to simulate, even with all the explosives on the planet. So... Nerd complaint, I guess?

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
Heh, so many people bitching about wordiness. Didn't bug me in the slightest. I wish computers really did work like this.

Also, I really enjoyed this one, especially the bit about waivers for simulated photon torpedo hits. I always wondered how many extras walked away missing patches of hair and with tiny burns on their faces.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
And again FFN go rebel and defy the conventional notion of "Show, don't tell". Down with the oppression!

PS: *sarcasm alert*

PPS: Still, good one. Keep up the sense of humor.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Christ, they're taking up to 50% of the strip with the fucking wordswordswords... even CAD knew when to cut the verborrhea.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Too many word, not enough picture, blah de blah de dah.
I was actually surprised the strip went with the "sparks come out when its hacked" joke, when I was expecting the old standby of what they think "hacking" looks like on the screen. Just lines and lines of ASCII characters in green text, ignoring that the GUI was invented for a reason.

Peregrin130

Nov 18, 2009
Everytime I read a FFN panel, I feel like I'm seeing a naturalization of living humor, a wild joke captured, put to sleep, dissected and detailed, organ by organ.

Then I have to reassemble the joke myself, in some sort of humor/ taxidermy work, before a smile comes to my face.

But by that time, even if it looks alive, even if every of its organs is now known to me, the joke is dead.

Eerie feeling.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Peregrin130 said:
Everytime I read a FFN panel, I feel like I'm seeing a naturalization of living humor, a wild joke captured, put to sleep, dissected and detailed, organ by organ.

Then I have to reassemble the joke myself, in some sort of humor/ taxidermy work, before a smile comes to my face.

But by that time, even if it looks alive, even if every of its organs is now known to me, the joke is dead.

Eerie feeling.
This.... is actually very similar to how I feel. I don't know if I get the eerie feeling, but the process is the same.

JerryTerry

Jul 14, 2009
I liked the initial joke, but I'd swear these comics are almost subtly parodying themselves by this point. The comic hilariously sums up its recurring problem in the first panel:

Picture: Person using a soldering iron near bulging sacks from Crazy Ivan's Discount Roadside Fireworks Emporium and Lawn Mower Repair.

Text: Do I need to worry about why you're using a soldering iron near bulging sacks from Crazy Ivan's Discount Roadside Fireworks Emporium and Lawn Mower Repair.

That's either a brilliant bit of hater-baiting, or an astounding lack of self-awareness.