If Fallout 4 takes place on the East Coast again, what would you like to see done.

PoolCleaningRobot

Mar 18, 2012
Ground breaking idea here: Duel Weilding! Like Skyrim!

I guess I'm not very imaginative but if they take anything from Skryim to put in Fallout 4 it should be that. I'd like to finally be a cowboy samari with a revolver in one hand and a katanna in the other

For the record, I thought fallout 3 had a tone that I could take a little more seriously than New Vegas so I hope for a mesh between the 2 games in that respect. There's a lot of gameplay elements from New Vegas that I hope (and probably will) carry over to fallout 4 like New Vegas's followers being both helpful and interesting. I think repair should be improved. No more "repair my sledge hammer with parts from another sledge hammer". And New Vegas's biggest failing from my perspective were the speech checks. Fucking everything was a speech check in that game and having high speech was sometimes the only way to get good endings to quests. It was too op. And I'd like to see something done with lock picking to make the skill do more than just pick locks.

For the environment itself, I like to see better animations in the creatures and a little more to make the enemies harder rather than more health/more damage. Kinda like what they did with skyrim. The cazadors in New Vegas are a good example because they flew around so fast and their creepy wings and stuff were terrifying

Edit: forgot, about classes. I'd like to play as other races like ghouls, androids, and maybe those vampire mutants from fallout 3 (wishful thinking)

TheScientificIssole

Jun 9, 2011
Terminate421 said:
Set in Atlanta, involve a parod of the CDC and make Nuka Cola Head Quarters

Mutant Alligators from Florida are migrating north and the plot revolves around you trying to stop them. Old faces like the Brotherhood come by, etc.
I'm with this one. Have the south be the stage for a Ghoul anti-discrimination movement. I want to see Fallout's alternate history retelling of the civil-rights movement with ghouls. Also Georgia would probably be in better condition than DC or New York.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
For me, all I care about is the atmosphere. FO3 was my first FO, so I didn't have the issues with it that a lot of long time fans seem to. It all felt wonderfully eerie to me. I grew up in the 80s, when the "cold war threat" felt very very real. And in FO3 I felt like the ruins of DC were wonderfully reminiscent of the fear we all felt back then. It tapped into something primal from my young life and it held me there.

For 4, if it is on the East Coast, I'd love to see 3Dogg come back in some way. And I felt like they missed an opportunity in FO3 with that character. I'd have loved a sidequest where 3Dogg asks you to keep an eye out for old record albums as you comb the wastelands. And if you bring them to him, it adds to the games soundtrack in some way. I dunno, I played it on console so I guess the PC players just put whatever songs they liked in the game through mods or whatever. But it would be a fun, "in universe" way of expanding the music selection so that maybe you don't start hating it a few hours in because of the constant repetition.

Don't get me wrong, the music in Fallout games is part of the charm. Just wish there was a bit more of it is all. And if you can make it a fun part of gameplay to expand upon it, well I think it's a good idea. Other people's mileage may vary.

Madman123456

Feb 11, 2011
I don't much of the "Fallout" charm hinges on gameworld being a desert. It seems rather implausible anyways; no plantlife after 200 years? Maybe it's because of Tradition or something, but seriously, fuck tradition. Tradition would also demand that the game should be buggy as all Hell and Bethesda haven't been as faithful as they could have been. I'd like them to forget about that particular Tradition as much as possible.

I'd like to have the Super Mutant Story continued. Their Master defeated in the very first game and the Hero of the third basically walking a bloody path through every stronghold they had in the third game i'd like them to be in smaller Factions like in New Vegas.

Maybe some of the "nice" Super Mutants could join up with some Scientists to work out the kinks in the FEV formula. Being forcefully dipped into a green goo that turns you into the hulk basically, causing so much Pain in the Process that there's a high Chance you'll lose your mind and become another emptyheaded Brute might not be all that nice.
Immortality and everlasting youth would be the bright side of that deal and if you can make Super Mutants without them losing their Minds their might be some People doing it of their own free Will.

Could be nice seeing the bigotry go away as everyone starts to notice that these giant abominations are still human on the inside. "It's still me, Bob!".

I wanna see an Android Faction that fights for basic "human" rights. Maybe they do that while allying with the nicer Super Mutants.

Jun 16, 2010
Fallout 2 had a dark, cynical sort of vibe to it that I missed in FO3 and NV.

In FO2, the majority of people you met were either so strung out on drugs in an attempt to escape reality that they were practically zombies, or the harsh realities of post-apocalyptic life had made them numb and twisted and morally bankrupt.

In FO3 and NV, on the other hand, most of the people you meet (who aren't cannon fodder) are just normal, relatively honest folk looking for a helping hand. It just sort of kills the "everything is fucked up" atmosphere that I loved about the older Fallout games.

Captcha: take umbrage
Thank you for your support, Captcha.

solemnwar

Sep 19, 2010
ZZoMBiE13 said:
For 4, if it is on the East Coast, I'd love to see 3Dogg come back in some way. And I felt like they missed an opportunity in FO3 with that character. I'd have loved a sidequest where 3Dogg asks you to keep an eye out for old record albums as you comb the wastelands. And if you bring them to him, it adds to the games soundtrack in some way. I dunno, I played it on console so I guess the PC players just put whatever songs they liked in the game through mods or whatever. But it would be a fun, "in universe" way of expanding the music selection so that maybe you don't start hating it a few hours in because of the constant repetition.
At least there was more variety than in FO:NV. In FO3 you had 3Dogg's station, which was the old 40s/50s music, the enclave station which was the über patriotic music, and then the old lady's station which was beautiful violin pieces.

In New Vegas there were three stations and they all played the same damn things LSKJDflsdfj.

OT: I second the idea of duel-wielding. I'd also like lots of broken-down ruins of cities, since that was my favourite thing from FO3, and the metro stations were fun, too. It's basically why I like FO3 over FO:NV. Once I get passed the tutorial town I look at the Mojave and go "uuuuuuuuugh".

Inclusion of a hardcore mode and actual vegetation would be nice though. I also want them to make the guns skill to be small guns and big guns again. I don't know WHY they merged them in FO:NV, makes no sense to me.

afroebob

Oct 1, 2011
Nomanslander said:
Any Fallout fan knows that Bethesda didn't exactly paint as brilliant of picture of that universe comparatively as to what the original developers did.
Ya, stopped reading here. No offense but the fact that you basically just said 'Anyone who doesn't agree with my views of the quality of Fallout 3 in comparison to the ones made by the original developers is not a real fan'.

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
afroebob said:
Nomanslander said:
Any Fallout fan knows that Bethesda didn't exactly paint as brilliant of picture of that universe comparatively as to what the original developers did.
Ya, stopped reading here. No offense but the fact that you basically just said 'Anyone who doesn't agree with my views of the quality of Fallout 3 in comparison to the ones made by the original developers is not a real fan'.
I was basing it off majority of the fans, not everyone.

Also, I'll give Fallout 3 it's credit that it had a certain charm I didn't see in any prior or next installment. Part if me likes the game more than I liked FO:NV. But, I can't see anyone in their right mind after a good review of the series arguing how FO3 could be anywhere nearly as refined and in detailed as the 2 previous games and FO:NV.

It's not a view point, its fact, FO:NV had more stuff. Break it down to science and mathematics, more factions, more characters, more plot twists and choices to make.

Now whether or not you liked that would have something to do with opinion. But that's all.

:/

Mar 9, 2012
I really hope Fallout 4 is an East Coast location. And the reason is simple: I really want Bethesda's hamhanded writer department to stay on their side of the playground and keep their mits off the West Coast.

mb16

make cupcakes not bombs
Sep 14, 2008
Somewhere with snow could be interesting, new monster designs, new game mechanics (body temperature), wooly deathclaws, blizzards, igloos...

Rastrelly

%PCName
Mar 19, 2011
Why must it be US coast? Why not Fallout: Paris, or Fallout: Rome? That would be interesting. The game could even track back in time and show events parallel to original game, when Earth was still barely inhabited.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Nomanslander said:
I was basing it off majority of the fans, not everyone.
the majority of the total fan population? or the majority of the old dinosaur niche group?

Nomanslander said:
It's not a view point, its fact, FO:NV had more stuff. Break it down to science and mathematics, more factions, more characters, more plot twists and choices to make.
while it is true it had more stuff, most of its stuff also didn't work.

Nomanslander said:
First off, as I said before, Fallout 3 (at least for me) seemed like a retreading of the first two games and what I mean by that is there was nothing really interesting they created to stand out. We had the BoS, they brought back the Enclave, the Super mutants were dumb, and really that was it.
That was sort of the point... Fallout 3 was made to be a redo of the first two games to catch everyone who handn't played the first two up to speed about what the series was about.

Nomanslander said:
Secondly, we need a better explanation for why the east coast has stayed more primitive compared to the west. If the areas are still radioactive, we need a better reason than the east was more heavily bombarded than the west. Now I like the idea that the east has stayed more primitive and savage because it's something to work with that stands out with what's going on in NCR territory, and I know that not everywhere in the world civilizations advance at the same pace. But still, if the east is more wild, I want more reason for it.
So you need a better reason beyond the most logical one?

What you just asked for is like asking for a better reason as to why rain works, after someone explained to you the entire water cycle.

mb16

make cupcakes not bombs
Sep 14, 2008
Rastrelly said:
Why must it be US coast? Why not Fallout: Paris, or Fallout: Rome? That would be interesting. The game could even track back in time and show events parallel to original game, when Earth was still barely inhabited.
OR fallout Moscow... oh wait metro 2033

Although saying that I would like some Metro features in Fallout such as the gas mask (and consumables in general)

Also why no London?

kypsilon

May 16, 2010
Oh, this is a can o' worms here. I'd like to see better ruined cities to explore that aren't just there in the background to look at over and over again. I'd like to see lots of fights going on that don't have anything to do with you, but people are just trying to survive in the harsh wastelands...more mutants, way out there story lines (they've got aliens in Fallout 3, so no excuses). Better character models/created characters, larger selection of weapons...hell, just more.

J.McMillen

Sep 11, 2008
mb16 said:
Rastrelly said:
OR fallout Moscow... oh wait metro 2033

Although saying that I would like some Metro features in Fallout such as the gas mask (and consumables in general)

Also why no London?
Yes London. A million times yes.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Rastrelly said:
Because about half the setting is about 50's U.S war propaganda. You might be able to do a spin off that way, but any full sequel needs to be set in the U.S. Simply put it doesn't work as a full Fallout Game if it's not in the U.S.

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
Rastrelly said:
A lot of that has to do with continuity.

With FO1, 2, and NV, you had a lot of continuity and you were able to see the Fallout world as it changed over the years. Shady Sands giving birth to the NCR for example, lot of old mentions to towns and certain characters all through those three games. With FO3 we saw Bethesda try to move those factions and conflicts over 3000 miles and it just didn't seem to work well.

With FO: London, the problem is going to be is the developers will have to start from scratch, and you can't have Enclave taking up residence in British parliament and talking about baseball and apple pies.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Given the sheer number of hints Bethesda dropped, Fallout 4 will most likely be in Boston, and be aobut The Institue, so there is your original faction.

uncanny474

Jan 20, 2011
Terminate421 said:
Set in Atlanta, involve a parod of the CDC and make Nuka Cola Head Quarters

Mutant Alligators from Florida are migrating north and the plot revolves around you trying to stop them. Old faces like the Brotherhood come by, etc.
Woah now, let's not get all crazy with interesting plots and cities that aren't instantly recognizable by name. Retreading the same shit over and over is where the money is, after all.

OT: More songs, or the ability to skip or block songs. New Vegas was at least bearable in that sense, but my god, after you hear "Let's Go Sunnin'" for the fiftieth effing time, it makes me want to tear my hair out. Get more Dean Martin. Everything from Dean Martin is good.

I guess I understand why the collection was so pathetic--only so many songs would have survived the war--but, just like that goddamn green filter that makes the game virtually unplayable, sometimes you have to sacrifice plausability for your players not wanting to break the game disc in half if "Johnny Guitar" comes on the radio ONE MORE GODDAMN TIME.

Substitute Troll

Aug 29, 2010
I just want them to steal my scyscraper idea. Have it take place in New York, maybe only Manhattan even. You wouldn't need much land, because most of the game would take place in different tiers of the buildings. Imagine a Manhattan where the mutation was so widespread that the survivors had nowhere to go but up, and so they used scraps to build platforms between what was left of the skyscrapers. The safest place would be at the top, with more danger as you descend. And as you descend, the darker it gets as the platforms start overlapping above you and block out the sun. At the bottom would be the most dense of the mutant population. The people from the Above are sent down periodically to gather supplies and salvage the broken city. The deeper they go, the more unsalvaged gear they find. Somewhere in the middle would be "the lower class". Junkies, murderers and other rejects who form their own societies below the platforms. As the game would have this height element, it wouldn't need much in the way of landmass, like I said before.

The story could start by a scavenging mission gone wrong? Maybe you were ambushed by raiders, forcing you to flee deeper into the depths and eventually finding a Pipboy or something. We know that the people that populate the wasteland are descendants of former vault dwellers. The people in Manhattan would have had to come out of their vaults, realize that mutants roam the streets, the island is cut off from the mainland due to bridges being destroyed, and that the water is too irradiated to swim in. So they could only go up, and from there scavenge their was deeper.

Also, if they do this, they could use the knowledge they gain when eventually making The Elder Scrolls XYZ: VALENWOOD (possibly with Elsweyr because of the size of the provinces). Since the trees in valenwood are home to cities and a vertical aspect is pretty much required to fully represent that province.

Apologies if this is really unorganized or difficult to read, I'm extremelly tired.