If the World Ends, Do You have Any Useful Skills?

GraveeKing

Nov 15, 2009
The true ability to not give a shit.
I.E Loads of people dead, mutated horribly and everything generally sucks, I probably wouldn't actually care so much. I'd get over it and just get on with it.

Simeon Ivanov

Jun 2, 2011
I'm bloodthirsty ... if I can get a firearm (prefarably a BFG or a three-barrel-shotgun) I'm sure I could do something useful

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Thankfully, I know a hell of a lot of first aid, from simple cuts to dealing with full-blown spinal cases, from my lifeguarding Saturday job.
I'm also both paranoid and Machiavellian, leading to me being someone like The Medic. Someone has to do it.

PixelKing

Moderately confused.
Sep 4, 2009
I've played fallout and seen mad max, what cant I do?!
In seriousness, I have all the skills of a brooding gaming 13 year old.

D0WNT0WN

Sep 28, 2008
I am quite a talented Hunter & Tracker.

I can also take a leadership position if need be.

Olorune

Jan 16, 2009
Duct tape experience and a wikipedia/basic-level weapons knowledge...it's all you need!

I'm also agile and quick so being a scavenger would be a piece-of-cake for me. I also know somethings about animals, so if there were any left, I guess that'd kind of be a skill This makes me think of how Fallout would be if it were like D&D.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
I have some limited medical knowledge
and I have a high pain tolerance and can use a weapon.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
In addition to a fair amount of physical strength (not really a skill, but whatever), I've been to boy scouts so I have basic skills of first aid, making a fire and setting up a tent (the end of the world doesn't mean the end of tents right?). I also have basic knowledge of how to set up and build a house, or at least some form of solid shelter and have decent leadership capabilities, so yeah, I wouldn't be absolutely fucked.

Dr Jones

Join the Bob Dylan Fangroup!
Jun 23, 2010
Colour-Scientist said:
Nope, if any form of apocalypse happens I am royally fucked.
This i guess.. Even the things i cna do are Movie related.. And i do not believe that will come in teh handay...

A Shadows Age

Mar 30, 2011
Winterfel said:
I can be DAMN convincing at times, maybe I'd start a cult..
Why have survival skills when you can depend on others to have them for you?
How are you supposed to sacrifice your followers if you rely on them to not die yourself... Or maybe you are referring to spaceships and coolaid?

A Shadows Age

Mar 30, 2011
Alphakirby said:
Nicolette Bailey said:
What? The world ending next year? well, according to scientists, my geographicallocation makes me pretty much safe...so I'll be doing what I do best, parking on the couch playing XBOX, and occasionally flipping through the news channels to see you other suckers trying "use your skills". :)
Ok,that's strange for a first post but either way welcome to The Escapist,we have 4 rules here.
1.Don't be an asshole
2.Don't go in the basement
3.Don't press the red button
and
4.Beware the ponies
What!!? Nobody gave me that memo ! Guess I was lucky enough to use common sense...

DavidTheWise

Oct 27, 2009
Lots of Theoretical knowledge, above average logic skills, decent negotiation.
Naturally, some technological skills.

MordinSolus

Feb 10, 2011
Chasing-The-Light said:
I can make babies, does that help? ;D
That depends, how many women do you have? If you're a woman, then how many babies can you make at a single time and in how long?

OT: Hm...I can play video games, do computer...stuff, fire a handgun, and impregnate women. Aren't I helpful?

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Oh yes. I know how to start a fire from nothing. I know how to hunt, how to fish, I know most kinds of edible plants that live in my area, I know how to build a shelter from nothing, I know exactly where I'm going if such an event occurs. I also have good leadership skills and a massive group of people willing to follow me. I know how to do minor mechanical and electronic fixes, and I know how to make a damn and a hydroelectric generator from car parts. I even know several medicinal plants that treat common symptoms like sore throat and stomach issues. I know how to tan hide, and make bows and arrows with nothing but a knife. I'm pretty set in the event of a civilization ruining event.

Manji187

Jan 29, 2009
Well, a lot depends upon the way in which the world ends...and that rhymes.

What I mean is, a zombie apocalypse is very different from cataclysmic natural forces. Where in the first scenario there are large differences in survival chances between individuals...in the second scenario pretty much everybody is f*cked.

ASan83

Mar 11, 2011
I'm fairly intelligent, but I have no survival skills. I've long since accepted the fact that I'd be the first to die in any form of apocalypse.