if you could erase ONE game from your memory to play it for the first time again...

Oly J

Nov 9, 2009
very few people I've talked to have one difinitive favourite game, always a top 5 or 10, but imagine that you were given the chance to take one of those journeys for the first time all over again, (all you forget is the events of the game, you remember your decision to erase them from your memory, and the reason why)

basically which one would you pick?

part of me wants to say "The Walking Dead" it's just not the same when you know the outcome

but also I might go with "Final Fantasy VII" just to see if I would enjoy it as much without the benefit of nostalgia

actually no, I've decided instead it should be "Tenchu 2, Birth of the Stealth Assassins" I loved that story when I was a kid, I spent so many hours on that game, I'd love to get to know it all over again.

so yeah what would yours be? I know I named 3 but that's just how hard it is to choose, feel free to name as many as occur to you and why

Aeonxan

Dec 24, 2012
For me it would have to be Mass Effect. Playing it for the first time has to be one of my favorite gaming memories.

ohnoitsabear

Feb 15, 2011
Metroid Prime, just because I've never been able to truly play it without any knowledge of it. I had a strategy guide for Metroid Fusion and Metroid Prime, years before I would get Prime, that I read many times over. When I did finally get a Gamecube and play Metroid Prime, I already knew what was going to happen most of the time. It was still an incredible experience (and I still replay it regularly), but it would be nice to go into it completely blind.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Dark souls . That game was so deliciously frustrating . I would do anything to be able to play that game again as if it was my first time . The hours of difficulty whilst not knowing what i was doing was great .

rhyno435

Apr 24, 2009
I think Heavy Rain. Now that I've played it multiple times through and learned all the opportunities where characters can die, it's a lot less immersive. The first time I played it though, I was on the edge of my seat for a good deal of it. I wish I could experience that again.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
To the Moon. That's pretty easy. Second place might be Walking Dead, but I could also see taking a hard look at Planescape Torment.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Okami. I know this because those were my exact thoughts while playing it for a second time.

Auron

Mar 28, 2009
Okay I'd be indecisive... Either the first KOTOR or both(can I do both? =p) Arkham games, if not both arkham games then it becomes even more complicated but Asylum was a somewhat normal Batman story while City was brutally shocking.

Mr Cwtchy

Jan 13, 2009
Amnesia. By the time I got around to playing it myself I'd already watched LPs of it and everything. I would love to go in blind.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
The Longest Journey is a journey I only wish had never ended or that I could experience again with the same element of mystery that it had the first time I played through it.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus. The whole series. Absolutely love that series and would easily play it for the first time, again.

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
Bioshock: Rapture is a place you want to experience again and again and every time be it's first.

Dark Souls: Not knowing what I'm doing and getting lost in the game was what made it great the first time.

CrazyJew

Sep 18, 2011
Shit, there are so many I am torn about.

The Longest Journey and Grim Fandangit are up there, of course. Katawa Shoujo is a possible. Psychonauts and Majora's Mask are definitely candidates.

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
Gonna have to second New Vegas.

The first time I played through it, I basically ruined the entire experience by searching all the quest endings to see which ones would give the best rewards (I know, I'm an absolutely horrible person). It'd be fun to do it blind to feel like my choices actually had value to them.

Subscriptism

May 5, 2012
Aeonxan said:
For me it would have to be Mass Effect. Playing it for the first time has to be one of my favorite gaming memories.
Same here, that feeling is something special.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Oly J said:
part of me wants to say "The Walking Dead" it's just not the same when you know the outcome
It's even worse when the outcome was spoiled for you just as you're about to start episode 2......and on these very forums no less.

Fucking idiots not using spoiler tags..*grumble*