if you could erase ONE game from your memory to play it for the first time again...

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Dark Souls or The Walking Dead.
Probably The Walking Dead.

ALL MY FEELS GUUUUH

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
Marik2 said:
Going to go with Muv Luv Alternative to enjoy the thrill of not knowing what was going to happen
Me too. It's an easy choice. I wanted to replay it shortly after I finished it, but then you already know what's going to happen.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Wenseph said:
Marik2 said:
Going to go with Muv Luv Alternative to enjoy the thrill of not knowing what was going to happen
Me too. It's an easy choice. I wanted to replay it shortly after I finished it, but then you already know what's going to happen.
Re read some of the arcs to better understand the politics and the sci fi.

They actually foreshadowed the PTSD arc early in the beginning when Yuuko explains the causality stuff.

She really said that if you lose your will, then people will get hurt.

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
Marik2 said:
Wenseph said:
Marik2 said:

They actually foreshadowed the PTSD arc early in the beginning when Yuuko explains the causality stuff.

I rarely reread anything, because I already know what happens and there's a lot of great stuff which I haven't read yet, so it feels like a waste of time.

Also, I didn't miss that the first time I read it.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
bullet_sandw1ch said:
krazykidd said:
Dark souls . That game was so deliciously frustrating . I would do anything to be able to play that game again as if it was my first time . The hours of difficulty whilst not knowing what i was doing was great .
i agree with this 1000%. the first time i laid eyes on the stray demon in the beginning, i said to myself, "is it going to have this kind of scale the whole time?". i was right. one of the best part of dark souls is that its story is designed so that you can talk about it, as there is no spoilers (the game barely has a noticeable story, takes a lot of digging to find it). im currently fighting gwyn (playthrough 1), anyone have any tips? message me or reply in this thread!
Full havel's, black knight shield, pimped out not-fire weapon. Parry the fuck out of him.

As for me, the mass effect series. Just, the whole thing.

That or fallout 3. Especially If i can erase all knowledge about what happens once you leave the vault, or even that you have to (even though the very opening cinematic heavily implies it) so that I can be super shocked and in absolute awe once I'm forced to leave it and see the huge wide open wasteleand.... and then proceed to crap myself when i realize i have nothing but a goddamn baseball bat and a 10mm pistol with 20 shots, since this is again before i have confidence in my combat skills (seriously, its just not the same when you know you can kill everything with a hunting rifle easily early game, and by late game you either found or bought a better weapon like a chinese assault rifle)

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Dark Souls, for all the reasons others have stated. I think I'd follow that with New Vegas and all its DLC, since both of those games have so much to explore and discover, Dark Souls in particular is so much about gaining personal skill that a fresh new experience would be incredible.

Hmm I suppose forgetting all of ME3 is about the only way I could make myself play that game again, although I'm not sure I would want to.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Wenseph said:
Marik2 said:
Wenseph said:
Marik2 said:

I rarely reread anything, because I already know what happens and there's a lot of great stuff which I haven't read yet, so it feels like a waste of time.

Yeah thats understandable. Though re reading Extra makes that portion of the game somewhat decent once you know what to look for.

Though the only route that I felt contributed most to the Alternative was Ayamines route since you get to see what type of person Sagiri is and why Ayamine hates orders

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
Marik2 said:
Wenseph said:
Marik2 said:
Wenseph said:
Marik2 said:

Yeah thats understandable. Though re reading Extra makes that portion of the game somewhat decent once you know what to look for.

Though the only route that I felt contributed most to the Alternative was Ayamines route since you get to see what type of person Sagiri is and why Ayamine hates orders
I only went through Sumika's and Meiya's route the first time, but since Ayamine ended up becoming my favourite character; I did go back and play her route as well, after I had finished Alternative. It does help to play that one as well.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Minecraft, honestly.

Starting a new world is almost the same every time. The first few days of survival are difficult, then you get a secure home, decked in iron (maybe a little diamond) and then it's a massive grind to get to new enemies.

Mods help out a bit, but it just feels too familiar.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Wenseph said:
Marik2 said:
Wenseph said:
Marik2 said:
Wenseph said:
Marik2 said:

I only went through Sumika's and Meiya's route the first time, but since Ayamine ended up becoming my favourite character; I did go back and play her route as well, after I had finished Alternative. It
does help to play that one as well.
Tamas route was pretty enjoyable as well. It was surprisingly interesting with learning about archery and getting to know about her dad.

Her and Ayamines route were the only ones I would consider decent/good and I would have enjoyed Extra the first time if it focused on them rather than Sumika and Meiya.

Those 2 were kinda bland and made me skip the majority of Extra

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
Mass Effect. I would give anything (okay there are some things that are off limits) to be able to re-experience that game again for the first time.

TheLion

Apr 18, 2012
Kingdom Hearts, the whole franchise. (Although, I will miss out on the Stitch Summon Hax)

Bioshock

Final Fantasy Tactics

afroebob

Oct 1, 2011
I might have to go with Pokemon Red. It isn't the best game I've ever played but it is such an amazing world that to be able to experience again for the first time... wow. It would be a dream come true.

IGetNoSlack

Sep 21, 2012
Well, there's Bioshock.

But, I'm going to have to go with....
Shadow of the Colossus. When I saw Valus, Phalanx, and Malus for the first time, I was blown the hell away. (this is when I'm 7, mind you.) The scope of the boss battles was MIND-BLOWING.

Mirrorknight

Jul 23, 2009
Recently? The Walking Dead.
Less recently? Chrono Trigger.

Wait...wha...but that...he's the main character!

Rassmusseum

Oct 11, 2010
I doubt anyone has heard of it, but I'd erase a table top game called "Crack the Case." It's a table top game where everyone plays detectives trying to solve cases using only yes or no questions. Each case is printed on a flashcard with a short exposition on one side and the answers on the back to be read by the person answering the questions.

What was great about it was how infuriating it could be. I swear there was one where all it says is "A man is found dead on an airfield. How did he die?" Based only on that, the detectives have to find the answer, which is that he was killed by being chopped up by the propeller of his wife's plane as she and the man she's cheating on him with flee the airstrip before being shot down by Japanese fighters because this scenario happens to be set at Pearl Harbor on Dec. 7 1945.

Such good memories of that game, but I can never play it again because I already know the answers to all the cases in it.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Bioshock.
The Would-You-Kindly twist hit me harder than any twist in anything EVER, it freaking turned my entire world upside-down and one of the things I would wish for on my deathbed would be to experience it again.