if you could erase ONE game from your memory to play it for the first time again...

TechnoRaven

Mar 10, 2012
Magicka.

When i first played it with friends i died of laughter multiple times.

However, it became less fun as i got to know everything.

Being able to play trough it again with my memory erased would be to good trough.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
The Walking Dead. That game is excellent and, unfortunately, it really loses its appeal after you've completed the story the first time.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Skyrim or Bioshock. Skyrim has more of the wonder of exploration and discovery, but Bioshock has that eerie atmosphere, the totally uncanny setting and the story. If it came to it, Bioshock would probably win.

Owen Robertson

Jul 26, 2011
I enjoyed Chibi Robo as a kid, and I didn't GET the full severity of the story when I was that young. It took 4 playthroughs and I'm sure I've still missed SOMETHING. Re-Experiencing that as a (slightly) more mature being would probably bring me to inconsolable grief for a day. It already fucks with my for a while and I've BEATEN IT FOUR DAMN TIMES!

MrBenSampson

Oct 8, 2011
The first game that comes to mind is Shadow of the Colossus. I might even get a PS3 for the HD version, if I had a chance to play it again for the first time. Second place would be KotOR.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
Red Dead Redemption. I love the game, but I just can't enjoy it as much now that I know the entirety of the map, all of the story missions and plot twists, have done every activity in the game about 30,000 times each, etc. That first playthrough was just so magical for me, and I feel like the only shot I have at ever replicating that feeling is if I don't touch or think about it for about ten years.

Wafflepunk

Sep 5, 2012
My first thought, like several others, was Bioshock. It's probably the most atmospheric game I've ever played, and going into it without knowing what to expect was amazing. Other than Bioshock, Metal Gear Solid 3 would be good, just for the fight with The Boss alone. Metroid Prime is one of my favorite games, and I would love to experience those first steps into the Tallon Overworld again. Finally, Ocarina of Time, since the ending was spoiled for me during my first playthrough.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Metroid Prime, It's my favourite game so it seems natural. Though it would admittedly be weird playing it for the first time with memories of it's sequels.

Ix Rebound

Jan 10, 2012
Spec ops: the line

cause i made the huge mistake of looking up the ending with out playing it first to see what all the fuss was about
so when i finally played it, a lot of impact was taken out of it

Apollo45

Jan 30, 2011
Tough one. I'm split between Minecraft and Morrowind... Minecraft because after a while you start to recognize where things are the same and you're just not surprised anymore at the game, and resetting it back to square one would give me another two years of discovering new things again, which was awesome. Morrowind is much the same, and having played through it no less than five times I think a reset would be great. There are definitely other options out there though... Any of the other Elder Scrolls games, the better Command and Conquer games (Red Alert or Tiberian Sun come to mind, though Red Alert 2 is damned close), Earth and Beyond because it was my first MMO and I thoroughly enjoyed it. They did the beginning part of the game well, it just got kinda boring towards the end-game.... I could go on for quite a while here...

You know though, I might actually go with Earth and Beyond. It's too bad EA shut it down... It had some serious potential if they'd have made fixes to it.

ScruffyMcBalls

Apr 16, 2012
Congratulations, most difficult question I've had asked of me since "What's with all this cocaine?"
Hmm... I'm gonna go with the hipster answer and say Shadow of the Colossus because I can't think of another game that has had such a significant initial impact on me. But if I'm being totally honest, I'd insist on picking only one game to remember, and forget all the rest so I can play all of them fresh. That one game to remember? Persona 3. It sucks, I do love the characters, but that's one game I don't need to play again.

Great question man, I'm gonna ask all my friends this, see how long it takes them to decide (evil grin).

his1nightmare

Nov 8, 2010
While it's not my favourite game, I would choose Majora's Mask. A complete non-FAQ non-bullshit playthrough of this game is by far one of the longest, darkest, hardest, most complex and most amazing experiences one can have.

Games like Metroid Prime easily kick MM away, but right now I simply want the latter.

Pebkio

The Purple Mage
Nov 9, 2009
I know it's been said before, but the very first thing that popped into my head was Bioshock. To me, the fun of Mass Effect and Fallout is tweaking character builds to find the most awesome one for you. If you erase what you know about your builds, you're just going to awkwardly play through it again. Sure, the story is nice, but they're loose - choose you're own adventure - types of stories and honestly, if you like that so much, go play D&D or something.

But Bioshock, that was a joy. I saw the plot-twist coming from six miles away, and they still managed to surprise me with the details of the very twist I saw coming. Really anything with a tight and fantastic story. So, on this list would be:

Bioshock
Psychonauts
Final Fantasy Tactics
Halo (Yes, I said it, I loved the original story)
And if I could: The Star Wars Original Trilogy so I could watch that again with new wonder.

But... it's only one... and even though Tactics is still my favorite game ever, it'd have to go to Bioshock because that story is just amazing.

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
Metal Gear Solid 3. Why? I was too young to properly enjoy it the first time around. I play games for story, but the first time I played it I was confused as all hell. Now, I can actually comprehend what happened.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
Even though many folks must be sick about hearing it,

my choice would have to be Dark Souls. Also, Demon's Souls, but the hub takes a bit away from the feeling of explore-as-you-please and die and die and die again. The first playthrough, you feel lost in a hostile, nasty and evil place. Then, eventually, it turns into yet another playground, and the game becomes a nicer, fancier incarnation of, say, Donkey Kong or Ghosts'n'Goblins.

Closely followed by Bioshock. God, that was a creepy, creepy game the first time around.

I also vividly remember the first Silent Hill and Resident Evil games - we had such a blast with those.

Kilroy17

Jul 18, 2011
I'd have to say the Batman Arkham games, if I can't have both then it's City. If not Arkham City then definitely Portal or Portal 2, I found both absolutely amazing but the game doesn't hold much replay value once you know the puzzles.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Oh wow actually I've changed my decision. It was going to be In The Company Of Myself (flash game) for that single moment of incredible realisation.

But Planescape Torment for the sheer irony of playing a game about not being able to remember what you did in past lives and experiencing everything new again =D