If you could give advice to your 14 year old self...

Sindaine

Dec 29, 2008
"Just go for it and ask him out. You'll regret not doing it later. Ditto going to parties, drinking, trying pot, etc. Run away a few times, just to have the courage to do it. Live."

Fineldar

Jun 8, 2008
There's a hammer in the cake.

And put all your money down now on a bet that a black guy is going to be president in a little over a dozen years.

Is giving plots of future movies and books considered advice?

MelziGurl

Jan 16, 2009
I would tell myself that suicide is not the answer to all your life problems. To suck it up, and deal with it in a rational manner.

Daniel Cygnus

Jan 19, 2009
"Don't worry so much about being liked by anyone. You're way too young to be wasting your life worrying if people even care if you exist or not. You're only 14 once. Do what you want with your life. Also, long-distance relationships suck. Don't even go there. I'd rather you be single for the next few years than in a hopeless relationship. Trust me. I have gone places and seen things you haven't even thought about before. Also, don't worry too much about alcohol. It's not the end of the world if you have a few beers, just don't get smashed all the time. People will start seeing you differently, even if it's just "the guy who drinks a lot", and you don't want that."

Arayis

Jul 11, 2008
"Start saving money now, you're going to need it when you're older."
and probably some other things, but I can't think of anything else at the moment...

Arcade_Fire

Mar 7, 2009
I would wait until my 14 year old self was asleep, sneak into his room, and scream "MIND FUCK!" as loud as possible.

Oh, and I'd get on of my ghosts of the future buddies to film the whole think so I could put it on the internet.

Bourne Endeavor

May 14, 2008
I would have a list, there is much to teach the young I

"Most impressive decision you ever made was to change your personality, now put the development on hyperdrive boy, it will do you wonders and as of right now, cease caring in the negative opinions of others, you already started, now you have to stick with it. Also you will get your wish, home schooling after one more accursed year, give those teachers the hell we always to, they certainly earned it."

"For the love of god mate, do some activities. Martial arts, hockey - which you will begin to love to a ridiculous fashion in years to come; hint, place extremely large bets on Edmonton making the finals in 05-06 and Carolina, Anaheim and Detroit winning the cup in 06, 07 and 09 respectively. No lip, just do it. Anyhow get out there and enjoy, although make certain to keep active with your gaming and PC forum fun, they were a blast. Forums? You will see when it happens; also meet a pretty damn good, albeit little annoying friend there too.

In addition, you will find yourself a new talent, you will know when it happens however improve on spelling and grammar, seriously it will help. Beyond that exercise and diet now; no, no excuse, McDonalds is worthless trash, stop eating it two and three times a week and especially change your diet... yeah I'll give you a list, took me a while to soldify a good program however it worked, just now four years faster.

Finally, if I hear one word, even one little insignificant thought of donning that horrendous wigger persona, I will come back and beat the tar out of you; no idea how, no idea when but dammit I will! It was never cool nor awesome; mom was correct, we did like a twit; speaking of which help her out a bit more and keep quiet when she corrects your atrocious overuse of the word 'ain't.' The word is 'isn't' or 'is not.' You will watch Dawson's Creek and realize how much better proper vocabulary sounds soon enough."

"Also when the time comes convince mom to ditch her friend on the business front and do it herself, that and google shares, invest!"
------

Yeah... long as you can see, however this was actually quite a turning point in my life, well it began here so to speak.

Geamo

Aug 27, 2008
Stop acting like a stuck-up prick, be proud of your achievments, keep at a sport, have faith in yourself and your abilities, and know who your true friends are. They'll suprise you over the next few years.

Oh, and don't take any shit from Aaron. A minor punishment from school will be worth the respect you'll get.

AlphaOmega

Oct 10, 2008
Dont do buisness economics, go for marketing, dont fall in love with ilona. dont play WoW. start driving lessons at 18. get a haircut, learn to pronounce words correctly. move out at 17 and go tudy in amsterdam. oh and be less sensitive.

Noamuth

May 16, 2008
Stop being angsty for no reason, treat your friends better and if you fall for her and get your heart broken despite me telling you DO NOT GO OUT WITH HER, then get over it faster than I did. She's not worth the trouble.

And don't cut your hair. It looks stupid.

theklng

May 1, 2008
don't pick math, physics and chemistry as your preferred subject in high school - you can still make it without.