If you could go back and tell your teenage self one piece of advice...

Rumpsteak

Nov 7, 2011
Don't download that world of warcraft demo. This is how much time and money you spent on it and this is how many times you wished you could punch someone through the monitor. Just don't do it.

targren

May 13, 2009
You will NOT be dead by thirty, no matter how much you're sure you will. The universe is going to continue having far too much fun at your expense, so thicken up and get to work. And keep your appointments with the dentist.

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
"Wake up you blind horny bastard, she's cheating on you" should be self explanatory, and if I got two lines "Go after Noel NOW, she's hotter, smarter, and actually makes something of herself."

My captcha is also hobby-horse

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Ooooh there's three good ones for me. Erm, "Look after yourself a little better, despite what your mum makes you believe healthy food doesn't have to taste like arse"

"Don't shrug off all girls you like that you think might feel the same as 'wishful thinking'"

Or see what I can do to my past self, hold up a sign that says "Do not trust the man in blue" and see how it goes.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
Richard, you should totally study and stuff, because otherwise when you reach my age, you'll be on some gaming website posting a reply that no-one will read, instead of revising for that quantum mechanics exam you have tomorrow which you don't understand in the slightest...

namhorFnodroG

Nov 2, 2011
Nothing, really. I'm still experiencing it. But still, if i would go back till' the age of 10/14, I'd problaby say this to myself.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK! I know it's easy as hell, and you know everything about it, but do it! Or else you will just end up 5 years later, and have barely touched a homework in the past 5 years. Get a routine of doing your homeworks, or else your future self will have a painful time trying to force himself to do them.

Zio_IV

Not a Premium Member
Sep 17, 2011
"Dude, don't drop out of high school and join the Marines. The years you spend in them will be interesting, but...it won't end well. Just dont."

Byere

Jan 8, 2009
depends on which age of my teenage self.

About 12-13, "Get her number, don't lose contact with her."

About 14-16, it's less about what I say and more about teaching myself to have more confidence and stand up for myself... and not to be such an irritable little shit... not to mention to get myself to study harder in school..

17+? I don't think there was anything that needed to be said... oh, but when I was 19, not long before my 20th birthday... Ask her friend if she wants to join rather than just saying "Can we finish please?"... If anyone can guess why, then +1 cookie for you :3

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
"Get a job."

Also, a hobby-horse is a rocking horse. It's a very old term, as there's at least one reference to a metaphorical hobby-horse in one of Shakespeare's plays (I don't remember which one).

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Really it depends in what time.
Most likely though I would tell myself either one of these two things: one, you're bipolar so go to get it under control now (been a real pain this year for me); two, convince your parents not to spend as much money so that you'll not be in the financial situation that you'll be in later.

IJHTL

Nov 18, 2009
"Don't be such a dick. Everyone doesn't suck, you don't know everything and you need to actually work to get somewhere in life."

Although to be honest, I'd probably just punch myself.

RastaBadger

Jun 5, 2010
Don't spend your time wondering if you would still come back and tell yourself this if I hadn't come back and told you this in the first place.
Edit: Also work harder.
Edit 2: Also take the advice in that xkcd comic. If you don't know the one I'm talking about just apply this to most of them.
Edit 3: When you get around to making a post about this don't do it in 3 edits.

Guardian of Nekops

May 25, 2011
Um...

"Don't commit too readily to the girls you date. I KNOW everybody else is telling you this, and that the rest of life feels a bit... vague and pointless, but somewhere in between your relationships being disposable and basically a way to use women for sex and attention (which I know you've been trying like hell to avoid) and making the success of your relationship your one goal in life, that thing that you HAVE to do else all is meaningless, is a happy medium. Probably. Let the girl earn your trust, in addition to your affection, before you sacrifice too much for her, or you're going to crash. Hard. More than once. You poor bastard."

You know what, scratch that. Could I age 30 years or so, and then come back to myself NOW and tell me that? :p

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
cswurt said:
That avatar is mesmerising..

OT: I'm surprised only a couple of other people have said this, but nothing. There's been good times, great times, bad times and shit times; but it's all worked out in the end so far and it has all made me who I am today. I wouldn't want to change one thing seemingly for the better for it to turn round and rob me of something awesome in my life.

Guardian of Nekops

May 25, 2011
Desworks said:
How to build the time machine. Seriously, none of you guys stabilised the time loop, so you're going to write your future selves out of existence for the jerk you were in the past? Screw that guy!
Psh. MY time loop is plenty stable as is. I won't listen, which I'll regret. Then, since I figured the time machine out once, I'll do it again and go back to encourage myself.

Then I'll go way back and like, ride a dinosaur or something. It'll probably erradicate all of human history when the bacteria I bring back outcompete what we needed to survive, but whatever. Totally worth it. :p