If you could go back and tell your teenage self one piece of advice...

Fuhrlock

Apr 1, 2012
First year of Uni will appear really easy at the start well don't keep thinking that it will get harder, it's not until second year that a hangover will hinder you in lectures

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
Don't be a pussy, if you like a girl, ask her out. Oh, and never buy a car, once you get hooked, you're hooked for life.

Eamar

Elite Member
Feb 22, 2012
Country
UK
Grow a work ethic, for fuck's sake. You may be able to coast through school, but when you finally fulfil your ambition of getting into that particular university, you'll find your lack of motivation pretty much ruins everything for the first couple of years...

Also, just stop arguing with Mum. She's still wrong, but just leave her be. It'll be easier for you and everyone else in the house.

Save up some fucking money. I know it's great fun to spend every last penny as it comes, but I could really use some savings right now (so I could spend every penny on the stuff I want now instead :p )

When you have to choose between fencing and choir, choose fencing. The choir master is a dick, you can still have singing lessons, and you'll end up quitting choir a year later anyway. Don't give up on the amazing opportunity and all the potential you have.

And of course, the obligatory "just go for it" advice about all sorts of crushes I had. Seriously, none of it will come to anything in the long run, but have a bit more fun for Christ's sake, you have more of a chance than you think you do, and having confidence in that works wonders.

Feb 26, 2011
You know that one file you've got hidden on your computer? The one deep in a maze of thirty other folders? Add another thirty folders to that maze and TRIPLE-PASSWORD PROTECT IT.

Leadfinger

Apr 21, 2010
"The stuff that people are always telling you is very important, well, most of that is bullshit. The good stuff, you're going to have to go out and find it for yourself. Indeed, finding it, and cherishing what you've found, is what life is all about."

mirage202

Mar 13, 2012
"Don't attempt to overtake that idiot in Whitton, it does not end well for you"

If only, that would be a life changer.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Sex isn't a big deal, kid. The more seriously you take it, the less you'll get it. Be careful and have fun.

Kapri

Jul 20, 2011
Get. A. Fucking. Job. If you don't, five years from now you'll have no recent job experience and no one will hire you.

Nerexor

Mar 23, 2009
Get a job as soon as you can. You get money, learn some much needed humility, and be able to move out when all your friends do for first year university.

A Weakgeek

Feb 3, 2011
I hate reading these threads, make me feel like I've been missing out on so much and done so much stuff wrong. Mainly because of all the "Don't let her go" and "You'll have sex" comments.

an874

Jul 17, 2009
CleverCover said:
You're smart, but if you don't study, you'll lose it. For the love of God, please keep studying. I know High School is really easy. College is a much different experience. It's way more competitive and you're sleeping and passing thing isn't possible here.
Pretty much this. If only I had an inkling of what I was really doing to myself early in college.

newdarkcloud

Aug 2, 2010
One, start working out. It's not bad.

Two, stop acting like an asshole! Seriously. Not everything revolves around you.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Just punch that guy. It'll make so many things so much easier.

Ask her out immediately, don't wait.

You're awesome.

Stick at your attempts to get in shape. Please.