If you could go back and tell your teenage self one piece of advice...

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
Smoke more weed. It won't hold you back.

And Cheer the fuck up. You won't need to be depressed til much later in life.

EDIT: although the first would cancel out the second. As it already did, but not early enough.

Mariena

Sep 25, 2008
"Hey, it's me, from the future. Just wanted to say, keep up the good work. Bye now!"

*poof*

Rastien

Pro Misinformationalist
Jun 22, 2011
Dude that pain in your guts which is going to happen around 17, DON'T IGNORE IT!. Its a really serious disiese and you don't want to end up in intensive care for 2 weeks and shitting out a hole in your side into a bag for a year till they fix you back up.

Hm... oh and yeah don't burn your bros girlfriends ear with a cigerete when drunk she wont forgive you for it and will break up with your bro.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Nothing. Seriously I avoid my past self. I like my life now and can live with my regrets. Don't want to erase my current present.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
"Whatever you do, DO NOT trim your toenails too much and trim it ACROSS not rounded!! Look up ingrowing toenail if you want to know what happen when you do that!"

Powereaver

Apr 25, 2010
Talk to those people who show interest.... PLUS BE YOURSELF .. no point lying about your life... people tend to find out sooner or later.

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
Uhhm, you're doing a good job - keep it up?

Oh, hang on:

"You will fail your Physics and Biology A-Levels with E-grade anyway, so don't bother burning yourself out for 6 weeks with all those hundreds of thousands of hours revision you will put into them as it doesn't change a thing.

Instead, look for a 10 hour-week job and just revise Computing. You will get a B in it anyway but an A or A* won't hurt. Also, sod the "gap year" and go fail that full-time night-shift job interview at ASDA, a full-time education offer will appear shortly after for university, out of the blue, even though you technically failed your A-Levels - you will get in to the subject for your computer wizz and it's AWESOME. It's right up your street, 18-year-old me..."

Oh wait, that was me this time last year.

[hr]

This is where we inadvertently kill ourselves for saying things that change the course of history, to couple with that we get our younger selves hit by a bus that we didn't ourselves because they're now out of time with what we did.

MindFuck.

selce

Nov 27, 2007
Id probably have to go with "Get off your ass and get some exercise"....Barring that id probably tell myself to actually do my homework and study more

Fatboy_41

Jan 16, 2012
Do not give up on her. It may take years, but you get her back in the end and she is worth the effort.

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
Probably nothing. I wouldn't listen to myself so why bother?
I don't really listen to myself anyway now that I think about it...

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
Grow your spine quicker and stop taking everything to heart. And cheer the hell up and just start telling people that you can't help them, it's not your job to solve everyone's problems and ignore your own in the process. And your brother doesn't get stabbed in the end, so don't panic.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Get a fucking job, you moron!

I'm telling myself that right now though. Doesn't work.

cerealnmuffin

May 15, 2010
A) Pick up piano earlier. It would help your esteem and you have a great passion for it. ^^ It also can help you make more friends than beating Fallout 2 for the umpteenth time.

B) Have more confidence in yourself. Be yourself and not curtail who you are for people you didn't even care about in the first place. Don't live in fear of being yourself just cause your school is filled with bigoted jerks, bet you'd have made some friends if you just been yourself and not hide from the world (and thus be friendless).

C) I would have also given myself the manuscript that it is going to get published. That would have saved me a decade of learning that I needed to balance my art with marketability. It would have also saved trees to not have stacks of "very well written but too niche" manuscripts. =0

AndyRock

Dec 22, 2009
Try harder in your A levels, you end up being a few points off a rather large grant... Also work out more.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
EmperorSubcutaneous said:
Dangit2019 said:
Captcha: hobby-horse

Apparently horses like to knit or something.
Behold: this is a hobby horse. [http://satelliteshow.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/hobby-horse1.jpg]
It's...more beautiful than I could ever have imagined...