If you could have any non-combat superpower, which would it be?

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
Either Telekenesis (makes manual labour SO much easier) and Teleportation (Who needs a car when you can just BAMF there,instead?).

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
The ability to freeze time.

Like, I'll snap my fingers or, clap my hands and everything/ everyone stops until I repeat that action which restores the flow of time. It can be used in combat (just like every other super power: telekinesis, invisibility, flight) but this one is more suited to the stealthy kind of personal enhancement. I go to pay at the local gamestop, snap my fingers and, BAM! free cash.

Oisin XD

Oct 15, 2009
xXBanisherXx said:
All power of any form can be weaponized, just saying. That being said, I'd have the ability to create copies of myself.
You'd have to control 10 bodies at the same time? Or coordinate with 9 other people? People suck. More of them makes shit complicated. If you are dealing with copies of yourself, they will want the same rights as you. There will be mutiny.

Stoike

Jul 12, 2011
The power to alter atoms eg; turn the atoms of a shirt into the atomic composition of diamond, turning it into diamond, without losing or gaining mass or anything.

Monkeybald

Nov 13, 2010
The power to instantly grow any plant I've seen and touched. Requires decent soil to activate powers.

Just need to make a few trips to a rainforest, and I should have a number of edibles, poisonous types, medicines, etc, at my disposal.

FuktLogik

Jan 6, 2010
Immortality. At any rate it would give you long enough to legitimately develop other super powers.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Shloogor said:
You a granted the ability to have any superpower so long as it has no use in combat (crime-fighting, world conquering, and so on)
What do you choose?
Every power has use in combat. Except maybe super-smell. How about any power so long as we can't use it to harm another human being.

I would probably go with telekinesis or teleportation. I really have no idea which. As a matter of fact, mind reading is too close to call also.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
BlackStar42 said:
vxicepickxv said:
I'm going to have to go with instilling negative entropy. If you understand exactly how entropy works, you would understand exactly how amazing this ability would be.
I'm confused... does that break the Second Law of Thermodynamics, or are you talking about increasing an object's entropy?
No, it doesn't break the law at all, it just adds negatively instead of performing the normal entropic functions.

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
Teleportation would be my favourite choice, followed by mind reading, assuming it only worked if I focused on a particular target. Of course, like almost any possiblee super power, these would be quite useful in a fight, but I'm assuming you mean things like the ability to shoot fireballs from your fingers, or punch through a tank.

xXBanisherXx

Jul 5, 2009
FuktLogik said:
Immortality. At any rate it would give you long enough to legitimately develop other super powers.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that power is one of the MOST depressing powers ever.

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
Everything and anything can in a way be used as a weapon.
But I go with telekenesis or the teleportation from the movie Jumper.
Yes... anything that allows me to be more lazy is a good thing.

Or maybe, have the power to change the temperatur of liquids? Finally no more cold coffee or less-than-optimal cold drinks!

Anaklusmos

Jun 1, 2010
Nikyu Nikyu No Mi, the ability to 'Push' allows for fast long distance traveling, almost instant, allows the user to 'push' away pain and fatigue, I'd be very happy with that.

FuktLogik

Jan 6, 2010
xXBanisherXx said:
FuktLogik said:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that power is one of the MOST depressing powers ever.
I'm sure you'd know. Oh wait...

Oisin XD

Oct 15, 2009
I have a question about the general perception of Telekinesis: Does weight not matter? People seem to think it would be holy epic heavy lifting. Is it just not a projection of force? not needing to have your actual body there to move things? I'd say so. Kinetics is movement, Tele means "from afar".

What is the general perception? Does telekinesis give you the power to move objects, with no dependency on your own strength?

Besides that, it would take a great deal of concentration to do any telekinesis with precision; you'd have to extend your senses, and become "one" with the spanner or whatever you were moving from afar.

Sorry if i'm derailing the thread a little bit. It just doesn't seem like a big enough question for its own topic.