If you could have any non-combat superpower, which would it be?

LordLucan375

Feb 15, 2011
The ability to make old pens work, or be able to judge whether the sofa I am moving will fit through the door.

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
gCrusher said:
That aside, I'd go with Healing Touch.

Edit: To avoid weaponizing, the receiver must have peace in their heart. Any feelings of rage or combat would reopen the wounds.
Though really, you could circumvent the whole thing by defining combat as the actual fighting, so a long as you aren't healing someone while they are still actively fighting you can go to town.

OT: Okay, I have two options. I the first is shapeshifting, because shapeshifting is a transitionary power, meaning the forms themselves aren't the ability but rather a product of it. So I could shapeshift into anything I want as long as I wasn't currently involved in battle, but as long as I was already in a form, I could use it for battle. But if that isn't allowed, I'd go for healing then become a doctor/army medic[footnote]I'd never actually fight, meaning I could heal myself if I was hurt during combat because I wasn't fighting, just run around saving people's lives ... like a boss.[/footnote]/use it to make exercising incredibly quick[footnote]Insta-healing muscles means there isn't a delay between the exercise and muscle repair/gain[/footnote]/grow a vegetable garden[footnote]Because I could have them growing at the optimal rate because they'd never have problems with insect damage, disease, poor circulation/whatever plants suffer from[/footnote] ... you know, a bunch of stuff.

moose_man

Nov 9, 2009
Super charisma. I could convince someone to do anything. It would be easy to solve any problem through the application of super charisma(See Old Spice Guy).

monkey_man

Jul 5, 2009
gCrusher said:
Theoretically, anything can be weaponized. Sometimes there's a very niche need for said power.

That aside, I'd go with Healing Touch.

Edit: To avoid weaponizing, the receiver must have peace in their heart. Any feelings of rage or combat would reopen the wounds.
That sucks. If you are waiting in line and someone cuts you off, you'd resemble a ham sandwich! Not to mention the bloodstains in your clothes, ugh.

I'd go with matter manipulation. It has so many uses. You can make stuff (like jet-packs and portable teleporters) You can transform your own body for healing purposes (good God I need that) and cosmetic purposes (I have horrible skin) and you can make food, electricity, water,clothing,gold,coal and more. So it'd be beneficial for everyone.

TonyVonTonyus

Dec 4, 2010
Probably be able to to fly.

1:So I don't have to walk places
2:It's cool
3:It's impressive
4:If ever I commit a crime I just fly away.

On a related note, how does superman speed up when he flies?

Twilight.falls

Jun 7, 2010
Really, most powers anyone could think of would have an application in combat.

In my case, Mind Control, but with some specifics. I like Bioshock's idea of prefacing commands with "Would you kindly". That phrase isn't used very often, so I don't have to worry about accidental demands.

Anyway, the fun I could have with mind control is, quite simply, limitless.

Then again, reality warping would kind of cover everything.

Gesepp

Jul 26, 2011
Minor precognition. All the time travel with none of the paradoxes. Would also let me accurately call heads or tails.

instantbenz

Pixel Pusher
Mar 25, 2009
Yeah Goku's instant transmission would be great ... we're going on a trip! Travel expenses are atrocious. Instant transmit! Woo!

Treeinthewoods

May 14, 2010
I wish I had the power to fill any container with my beverage of choice just by thinking about it. I'll never go thirsty (or sober) again!

zxamike

Jan 3, 2011
ok in comics people have super brains which would give me mind reading controlling people and telekinesis and i could use it to make a force felled around myself and go super fast so i could go anywhere very fast as long as i dont use it to battle i will be fine

FirMothoth

Mar 20, 2011
kempoman14 said:
The ability to tell my past self things. Think about it; get a flat tire? Tell myself not to take this road. About to take a test? Tell myself all the answers. Got a girl pregnant? Tell myself about the bad condom. The applications are endless! Who hasn't wished they could tell themselves if something is a good or bad idea? Plus, I could warn myself about disasters, so that's cool.
That sounds like it would make a cool short story ... "the post-it notes you find in your wallet are in your handwriting and are successfully warning you against disaster ... but soon you realize; you haven't been experiencing the bad things, and thus haven't warned yourself to avoid them ... yet the notes keep appearing. Who is writing these and are they really trying to help you or are these notes part of something more sinister? Doodum!" 0_0

Edit: Oh yeah. What superpower? Perfect memory. That would be really good.

YogSothoth

Jul 21, 2011
would immortality count....setting up a bank account and waiting a few thousand years to bank on interest seems a good way to take over the world?