If you could have one game remade what would it be?

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
Pong of course! Make it in 3D with awesome graphics. Pong in 3D!!! Has a nice ring to it.

5-0

Apr 6, 2010
I would like a full HD version of Deus Ex, preferably with the features added with the Shifter mod.

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
Silent Hill, the story remains the same just more stuff added to make it longer and watch the characters make more stuff, the only story changes would be alternate endings. Other than that newer graphics and full voice acting (same actors).

Housebroken Lunatic

Sep 12, 2009
Deus Ex does come to mind here. Larger urban enviroments with bigger populations, SERIOUSLY improved voice acting in regards to the non-american characters, improved graphics etc.

The game had a really good story and evoked some seriously interesting philosophical ideas, and that is a very good ground to build a fantastic game on.

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth also comes to mind, but mostly for graphical reasons. While I am perfectly happy with the graphics as they certainly get the job done, I would have loved to see the horrifying imagery of cosmic sea monsters and Lovecraftian settings with graphics on par with bioshock or something similar (especially the water animations).

Another reason for it would be to put games of Lovecraftian themes on the map, and perhaps make the game developers more interested in making more games out of H.P Lovecrafts works, because Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth was certainly a top notch game in it's own and a top-notch adaption of the original source material.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
SakSak said:
Planescape:Torment or Chrono Trigger.

Both could do with a graphics update, with better voiceacting (or one at all) and some new side-quests. Great games both even as they are, but a remake would be awesome.
I can definitely get behind you on remaking Chrono Trigger. Just make sure Square Enix is behind it or someone's going to get sued.

Tenkage

May 28, 2010
Final fantasy 8, it would make a good DS Remake, the graphics are pretty much the same of a DS style one, hell put it on the wii for all I care.

Nutcase

Dec 3, 2008
tzimize said:
Nutcase said:
Toss-up between Aliens vs Predator, Grim Fandango, Deus Ex, System Shock 2 and Alpha Centauri. None available for purchase, none run right on current OSes AFAIK.
You obviously havent heard of Alien vs Predator 2000. Get it on steam for a few bucks/euros. It makes the original (and actually good) avp run on modern systems. Its a blast :D
You obviously haven't heard of looking at the date of a post before replying to it. I bought Classic 2000 immediately when it came out.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Nutcase said:
tzimize said:
Nutcase said:
Toss-up between Aliens vs Predator, Grim Fandango, Deus Ex, System Shock 2 and Alpha Centauri. None available for purchase, none run right on current OSes AFAIK.
You obviously havent heard of Alien vs Predator 2000. Get it on steam for a few bucks/euros. It makes the original (and actually good) avp run on modern systems. Its a blast :D
You obviously haven't heard of looking at the date of a post before replying to it. I bought Classic 2000 immediately when it came out.
No need to be like that, just trying to help. Good for you that you got the game :) I am a casual forumer so I dont always read everything with a magnifying glass :)

Clueless Hero

Oct 5, 2009
Even if it's not that old, I would love to see KOTOR get a nice graphical update and some bugs fixed without being made into an MMO. *Sigh*....