If you could make ONE change to a game, what would it be?

Mareon

Nov 20, 2010
And explain why

I start:

Having Clint Eastwood voice the Retired Gunslinger Landon Ricketts in Red Dead Redemption. Seriously, he has like fifteen minutes of dialogue, is a 70+ year old badass gunslinger and serves as the Chackpoint between the simplistic black/white morality of the New Austin act (read 50s Westerns) to the more complex morality of the Mexican arc (read "The Good, The Bad, The Ugly") and then to the Urban Western of the West Elizabeth arc (read "Unforgiven"). In a game filled with homages to Western genre, the fact that they didn't do this is a complete mystery to me.

Orange12345

Aug 11, 2011
I would add a free roam mode to dead rising 2, why the game shipped without a free roam is beyond me

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
I would make Sim city an offline game .

I would make Ni no kuni treat me less like a child . Seriously , it carries me as if i was a fucking newborn.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
I would allow military units to stack in Civilization V but with limitations as to how many you can have on one tile (say, only 3-5 units per tile, depending on unit type). Seriously, the "only one military unit per tile" was just an extreme reaction to the negatives of the "stack of doom", not a system that actually thought about fixing the "stack of doom".

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I'd dub the Prince of Persia from Warrior Within with Yuri Lowenthal's voice, like Sands of Time. That should make it less crappy.

LAGG

Jun 23, 2011
Bioshock Infinite: bring stealth mechanics back as in the previous games.
Resident Evil 4: take item drops out.
Dead Space: take item drops out.
Resident Evil Remake: launch for PC.

aguspal

Aug 19, 2012
Orange12345 said:
I would add a free roam mode to dead rising 2, why the game shipped without a free roam is beyond me

Thats fixed in Off the record... Could have been in the original but whatever lol.

I actually dont like NOT having a clear goal in my games so I dont really enjoy it that much...

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Take the RTS parts out of Brutal Legend.
Make it a heavy metal infused Zelda type.

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Get rid of the repetitive grind in Far Cry 2. I don't want to have to fight at every fucking checkpoint.

ShinyCharizard

Oct 24, 2012
I would change the on-ground controls of Kid Icarus Uprising to something more similar to normal hack n slash games.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Have Leon keep his leather jacket in Resident Evil 4. It makes him look like a total badass, yet 15 minutes in they just snatch it away from you. :(

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
krazykidd said:
I would make Ni no kuni treat me less like a child . Seriously , it carries me as if i was a fucking newborn.
YES! Someone else who noticed and is sick of it! /brofist
I probably would have loved Ni No Kuni had it not treated the player like a go-damned idiot from the first moment you get to the Other World. It's a shame too, because it is a downright beautiful game, with a fantastic soundtrack and interesting game mechanics, but it drops the ball with the way the story is told so badly that it fucks up the whole experience. ARGH!

Captcha: very nice
The captcha's just messing with me now.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Armored Core V - No region lock.

Assassin's Creed 3 - Being able to attack with your weapon when not locked on to anything (this would include being able to kill children)

Skyrim - Removing all bugs.

Mass Effect 3 - Proper ending.

Dragon's Dogma - Ability to reallocate points to make different builds.

Dark Souls - Ability to start a new character with items from current character, but locked until same level.

Plague Inc. - More strategy involved overall, perhaps manage different strains for different regions.

VajraDante

Apr 9, 2013
Dragon's Dogma- fast travel and not as annoying pawns

Asura's Wrath- more gameplay and at least make it 10 hours without part 4 dlc and lost episodes

Modern Day Resident Evil- make it scary and enjoyable.

Okami- actual voice actors

PSASBR- change the kill to win mechanic and Akuma and Amaterasu as free dlc characters. ("Devil" vs God rivalry)

Pokemon games- the ability to battle all the gym leaders, elite four members and champions from previous games.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Super Mario Galaxy/Galaxy 2 - I'd change it so Bowser DOESN'T kidnap Peach this time and instead have Roselina/The big fat luma come to Mario for help stopping Bowser because he's conquered the Galaxy and stolen all those stars. Why? Because I never understood why Bowser needed to kidnap Peach when he'd already conquered the entire Galaxy. Tradition maybe?