If you could nuke a country?

MrBaguette

Jan 26, 2012
NO ISRAEL OR PALESTINE! I'm sick and tired of that argument but that being said what country would you nuke only one WITHOUT ANY RETALIATION! I know that there are sh*ton of nukes out there but just make a country dispear...POOF!

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
None. Knowing that modern nuclear weapons are much more powerful than the ones used at Hiroshima and Nagasaki... I wouldn't wish to bring destruction upon any nation. I'm sure even the bitterest Japanese blast surviver wouldn't want to wish such horrors upon innocent Americans. If anything, I would nuke the whales.

InsanityRequiem

Nov 9, 2009
If I were a world leader of a nuclear nation, while my 'enemy' nations would be tempting targets, I'd actually make a mega-statement to the world and my constituents by nuking my own country. Particularly the worst cities. Notably Los Angeles as the first target. My craziness shall make the world tremble! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

But yeah, why nuke other countries when it'd be much better to nuke your own?

vortexredemption

Jan 29, 2011
IF I could nuke a country I probably wouldn't.

IF I was forced to choose a country to nuke, then I would try to get the best overallgood out of it as possible - completely end a local ongoing skirmish that doesn't seem to have an end or take out the largest number of people possible. It sounds twisted, but causing the highest number of deaths would hopefully result in a global nuclear disarmament (not likely though cause the nuke powers would all be saying 'no, YOU go first') - failing that, reducing the population of the planet in an effort to obtain sustainability. Every cloud has a B-decay lining.

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
None.

I just wouldn't like the feeling of being responsible for any amount of deaths, no matter where they are, and who they are.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
I would nuke Switzerland. Those bastards have had it far too easy for far too long

Esotera

May 5, 2011
Vatican City, without all the tourists. And this is only because I'd be aiming for the Pope.

GigaHz

Jul 5, 2011
Aren't Chernobyl and Hiroshima more than enough evidence as to why we shouldn't nuke a country to begin with? Oh right, hypothetical situation.

I guess if I had that kind of power, I'd go full out and nuke the US. I wonder what sort of 'impression' it would leave on the world. Nyehaha.

Gerishnakov

Jun 15, 2010
Caleco said:
NO ISREAL OR PALESTINE! I'm sick and tired of that argument but that being said what country would you nuke only one WITHOUT ANY RETALIATION! I know that there are sh*ton of nukes out there but just make a country dispear...POOF!
Stupid question. Using enough nuclear weapons to wipe out an entire country in such a short space of time would not only be one of the largest crimes against humanity in history - yay for you - it would also wreak terrible, long term environmental damage on the rest of the world for a very long time. Ever heard of the phrase 'nuclear winter'?

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
Caleco said:
NO ISRAEL OR PALESTINE! I'm sick and tired of that argument but that being said what country would you nuke only one WITHOUT ANY RETALIATION! I know that there are sh*ton of nukes out there but just make a country dispear...POOF!
Israel. There, I said it. I'm sick and tired of its genocidal shenanigans in the name of its persecution complex. (You don't want people to nuke either of those countries, don't make threads about this sort of thing at all...)

However, I don't think any country deserves to be nuked. If only there were a way to purge a rotten establishment without brute force...

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Ireland. I sick of living here for so long. I want to go back to the British Empire. Home is where the heart is. My heart tells me to nuke Ireland so that it would force my parents to move back to England so that I may live there forever more.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
Schizocorpse said:
MammothBlade said:
Caleco said:
Israel. There, I said it. I'm sick and tired of its genocidal shenanigans in the name of its persecution complex. (You don't want people to nuke either of those countries, don't make threads about this sort of thing at all...)
You're so horribly misguided you could be a christian. Wow.
I'm sorry, what? Why a Christian in particular? Let's see you say that about Jews or Muslims.

I happen to be none of those. Just a concerned "citizen" aware of exactly the sorts of inhumane abuses perpetrated by Israel. Not that I would actually call for it to be nuked, that would kill innocent people too. As would nuking any country.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
FYI, this thread is just BEGGING to turn into a flame-war. I'm honestly surprised it's managed to stay as relatively civil as it has been thus far.

To answer the OP's topic, I wouldn't nuke anyone. No matter how totalitarian the regime of a country may be, it does not justify annihilating its inhabitants down to the last man, woman and child (to say nothing of the radiation that would undoubtedly spread to neighboring countries, resulting in many more deaths from cancer, birth defects, etc).

Rowan93

Aug 25, 2011
If I had the power to nuke a country, I would just take over the planet because no government can realistically nuke me so I can just dominate everything. I reign as god-king over all.

But assuming some genie type thing tells me I have to choose a country to get obliterated, I guess I'd probably go for the Vatican.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Sealand. Sitting there being smug and thinking itself a country. That would show them.

MrShowerHead

Jun 28, 2010
Finland

Why? It's cold here and that language... Just...Ugh... Seriously, translate anything to Finnish and voila! You have a lovely case of lame.

Joten kyllä, tuhoaisin Suomen. Kiitos.