If you could nuke a country?

GigaHz

Jul 5, 2011
DoPo said:
Sealand. Sitting there being smug and thinking itself a country. That would show them.
Your sense of overkill shocks me.

That said, I second this.

Who's the smug Sealander now?

Schizocorpse

Feb 21, 2012
MammothBlade said:
I'm sorry, what? Why a Christian in particular? Let's see you say that about Jews or Muslims.

I happen to be none of those. Just a concerned "citizen" aware of exactly the sorts of inhumane abuses perpetrated by Israel. Not that I would actually call for it to be nuked, that would kill innocent people too. As would nuking any country.
I'm sorry, your uneducated onesidedness makes it impossible to take you seriously.

And replace Christian with , w/e.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
Schizocorpse said:
MammothBlade said:
I'm sorry, what? Why a Christian in particular? Let's see you say that about Jews or Muslims.

I happen to be none of those. Just a concerned "citizen" aware of exactly the sorts of inhumane abuses perpetrated by Israel. Not that I would actually call for it to be nuked, that would kill innocent people too. As would nuking any country.
I'm sorry, your uneducated onesidedness makes it impossible to take you seriously.

Oh, I'm uneducated because I believe (with plenty of legitimate evidence) that Israel is responsible for atrocities against Palestinians? Do explain what I got wrong.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
Schizocorpse said:
MammothBlade said:
Schizocorpse said:
MammothBlade said:

Oh, I'm uneducated because I believe (with plenty of legitimate evidence) that Israel is responsible for atrocities against Palestinians? Do explain what I got wrong.
"genocidal shenanigans in the name of its persecution complex"

Be less of an idiot, read some neutral articles about the history of that area and try again.
I did. Too bad for Israel, no amount of spin can defend a land grab of this magnitude:

Not to say that Arab states aren't just as bad at times, but Israel is comparable to Apartheid South Africa in its treatment of Palestinians both in the territories and within Israel proper.

http://www.amnesty.org/en/news-and-updates/illegal-israeli-settlement-plans-threaten-palestinian-human-rights-2010-10-15

Amnesty International on Friday urged the Israeli authorities to abandon plans to construct 238 new housing units in Israeli settlements in occupied East Jerusalem.

"The Israeli authorities must immediately halt expansion of settlements in East Jerusalem and the rest of the occupied West Bank," said Philip Luther, Amnesty International's Deputy Director for the Middle East and North Africa.

"Not only does the building contravene international law, it also compounds the litany of abuses of the human rights of Palestinians living in the Occupied Palestinian Territories, including their rights to adequate housing and water."

Although the areas of Pisgat Ze'ev and Ramot were not covered by the recent freeze on settlement construction, which excluded East Jerusalem, all settlement building on occupied land is illegal under international law.

Israel unilaterally annexed 70.5km² of occupied land in East Jerusalem and its environs following the 1967 war.

"Discrimination on grounds of nationality and religion is the dominant feature of Israel's settlement policy," said Philip Luther.

"The policy violates the rights both of Palestinians in East Jerusalem living under civil law and of those in the rest of the West Bank where they are subject to Israeli military law."

Israel's land grab and dissection of the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, have had a devastating impact on the lives of Palestinians. In East Jerusalem, 35 per cent of the land has been expropriated for settlements in which 195,000 Israelis live.
The Israeli settlement policy is not just wrong, it's clearly illegal under international humanitarian law.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/ed83e2ae-32f8-11df-bf5f-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1nnZbnF9W

Carrots_macduff

Jul 13, 2011
oh internet, you so good. what would i do without you. if anyone can direct me to somewhere else i can find more casual discussions of genocide, please by all means! seriously why does this exist? what nation would i like to destroy? really? wtf people

Ekit

Oct 19, 2009
Vatican City. The Pope hides child molesters and opposes condoms in AIDS ridden countries, he can go fuck himself.

Durgiun

Dec 25, 2008
Canada. As I understand, BioWare is from there and I want to hear the screams of a million fanboys.

Durgiun

Dec 25, 2008
Carrots_macduff said:
oh internet, you so good. what would i do without you. if anyone can direct me to somewhere else i can find more casual discussions of genocide, please by all means! seriously why does this exist? what nation would i like to destroy? really? wtf people
Oh stop being such a prude and indulge in your sadistic nature via text.

Heronblade

Apr 12, 2011
Do I get to redefine the term nation? If so, the collective dangerous extremists (regardless of what particular ideology they are so passionate about) of the world get to kiss their arse goodbye.

If not, nothing at all. There are countries in the world I feel we would be better off without, but none of them are so threatening that it makes up for the massive collateral damage in innocent lives.

DionysusSnoopy

May 9, 2009
France as the crater left behind will lower the sea level spain will have more coastline to develop and germany will get the ocean access they wanted in WW2 away from the UK.

Necron_warrior

OPPORTUNISTIC ANARCHIST
Mar 30, 2011
Corporal Yakob said:
France.

Inflict the Treaty of Versailles on Germany eh!?! I'll show you!!!
I don't know why but this made me laugh out loud, even f I'm not German myself xD

OT: Hrrrm. Does it have to be a nuke? Could it just be a 'remove them from existence' kind of thing, I.e. Not earth-destroying? If so, Ireland.

Because seriously, more land for the rest of Britain >:D

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
If I had to launch a nuclear strike the Vatican City will be the obvious one.

Though saying that the US, but we will evacuate all of the smart people first, and integrate them in to the UK, Australia and Canada. While the corrupted government, will be blown sky high.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Carrots_macduff said:
As much as I am open for free discussion, I have to agree with you. I find nothing productive are even interesting coming from this thread.

All this thread will do is create hostility and flaming.

Edit: Case point, the post above this one.

projectX42

Jun 1, 2011
Antarctica

why you ask? well if i live in a world where i deemed responsible enough with nuclear weaponry i want to take out everything i can...

and it will be interesting to see if our predictions of rising sea levels where spot on

Mar 9, 2010
Corporal Yakob said:
France.

Inflict the Treaty of Versailles on Germany eh!?! I'll show you!!!
To be fair, Germany kind of fucked shit up for France and they didn't want it to happen again. You should nuke the US for trying to turn Germany into an agrarian country. Yeah, you'd only have agricultural output; wheat and daisies for you.

The Treaty of Versailles still was a real scumbag move though.

OT: I'd probably go for the US. I'm not a fan of your right wing politics that are veering towards fascism. Britain also needs to stop humping your leg, once you're gone it might stop doing that.

Nothing personal, it's just how genocide goes.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Carrots_macduff said:
Actually that is a real interview question you can get. "If you had to nuke [or maybe "destroy" or "erase"] one country which one would it be?" They place you in a hypothetical situation and see how you handle it. It doesn't matter if it's ridiculous, the idea is how you go about your answer - maybe if you say "I wouldn't." you'd fail because you didn't comply with the initial premise (remember "you have to"), maybe the interviewers want to just see how you construct your answer, maybe they want to see if you have any obvious prejudices.

So, yeah, it's not actually an "Internet only" question.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
The Divided Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, because its ironically just the thing we need to shake things up a bit and unite the populace.

Well, someone did say be mad and sadistic about it.