If you could nuke a country?

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Bit of a sick question, isn't it?

Meh. I guess I'd toss a coin: Heads for China and tails for the USA. The global political scene needs a bit of shaking up.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
DoPo said:
Actually that is a real interview question you can get. "If you had to nuke [or maybe "destroy" or "erase"] one country which one would it be?" They place you in a hypothetical situation and see how you handle it.
What is this an interview question for?

Every interview I have ever had has only had hypothetical questions that relate to the job or what ever thing I was being interviewed for. Even the psych profile questionnaires only relate to the thing being interviewed for.

Jun 7, 2010
Why doom a single country when i can nuke Mars, dooming the human race to wallow in its filth until the sun swallows the earth? :D

EDIT: or at least until someone in this thread actually decides to go to town on their chosen country.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Schizocorpse said:
MammothBlade said:
I'm sorry, what? Why a Christian in particular? Let's see you say that about Jews or Muslims.

I happen to be none of those. Just a concerned "citizen" aware of exactly the sorts of inhumane abuses perpetrated by Israel. Not that I would actually call for it to be nuked, that would kill innocent people too. As would nuking any country.
I'm sorry, your uneducated onesidedness makes it impossible to take you seriously.

And replace Christian with , w/e.
Thanks, I needed the laugh.

OT: I'd nuke Wales, just to make NeonBob happy. :D

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Erm, China or India I guess just because they freak me out with the amount of people they have there.

Learn to keep it in your trousers then we won't have such a problem....

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
I can't nuke Palestine because it's not even a real country. (there, I said it - come at me, bros)

Just nuke? That's ridiculous. I would definitely nuke the US because I could get away with it, but not destroy it. Then just invade the country.

Partially because I am jealous of the second amendment and I would defy the populace with a defeated army to surrender their weapons. "Oh, so you want to give me an excuse to shoot civilians and not be accused of war crimes? What do your puny little bullets do against my tanks? You should have also learned how to make explosives!"

I'd be doing a favor to those "preppers"and "SHTF" fanatics.

Jazoni89 said:
[and all the inbred rednecks will be blown sky high.
That is just hateful as saying "all n-words need to die".

Seriously. What did rednecks do to you? They are probably the last kind of people to give you any trouble.

Just leave them alone because they leave us alone too.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Somalia... That shit aint savable no more...!

Although to be honest, i'd rather just eliminate Al-Shabab, in a Mars Attacks style, leaving no trace... That would be better than polluting the air in a region that has enough problems!

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
ElPatron said:
I can't nuke Palestine because it's not even a real country. (there, I said it - come at me, bros)

Just nuke? That's ridiculous. I would definitely nuke the US because I could get away with it, but not destroy it. Then just invade the country.

Partially because I am jealous of the second amendment and I would defy the populace with a defeated army to surrender their weapons. "Oh, so you want to give me an excuse to shoot civilians and not be accused of war crimes? What do your puny little bullets do against my tanks? You should have also learned how to make explosives!"

I'd be doing a favor to those "preppers"and "SHTF" fanatics.

Jazoni89 said:
[and all the inbred rednecks will be blown sky high.
That is just hateful as saying "all n-words need to die".

Seriously. What did rednecks do to you? They are probably the last kind of people to give you any trouble.

Just leave them alone because they leave us alone too.
Nothing to me personally, but all I know about them is most US citizens hate them. It's kinda like gypsies here in the UK, and they are scorn like hell, evident of the thread I made on here a while back.

Please take what I say with a fistful of salt though, I mean no offence or death on to anyone, the thread needs a answer, and so I answered. It's just a bit of fun, just with some added black humour, and satire courtesy of me. Obviously not all of it goes down well though, as you point out.

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
I don't really care which country I destroy. I just want a worldwide broadcast of me saying, "Dammit, I missed!" afterward.

minimacker

Apr 20, 2010
I wouldn't nuke a country. Seeing as how there's millions of innocent people in every country.

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
If I can't pick either of those 2, I'd evacuate them, as well as the near by countries, and bomb an adjacent one. Let the fallout make that whole area uninhabitable. No land, no fight over land. As a bonus, with the elimination of a large portion of the world's oil supply, maybe we could finally get some sustainable electric options.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
New Zealand - I heard that a nuke is the only true way to destroy the One Ring.

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
Jazoni89 said:
Nothing to me personally, but all I know about them is most US citizens hate them.
They don't hate them. Specially when you can say that at least 1 third of America is composed by rednecks.

They are not a different race, they are not a different culture (although you can label things as "redneck", but that's just like Metal genres - it's still Metal, like it or not).

"Gypsy" is to many a synonym of people that by following their culture don't abide by social norms. Rednecks abide the law, social norms, and don't commit crimes.

This guy is a redneck.

And yet he looks a lot like me. I don't act that differently from him. Damn, I even use the same style of clothes.

Americans don't hate rednecks.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
This is a heck of dark hypothetical, I dont think I can go along with this one - this is just sick =/

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Sonic Doctor said:
DoPo said:
Actually that is a real interview question you can get. "If you had to nuke [or maybe "destroy" or "erase"] one country which one would it be?" They place you in a hypothetical situation and see how you handle it.
What is this an interview question for?

Every interview I have ever had has only had hypothetical questions that relate to the job or what ever thing I was being interviewed for. Even the psych profile questionnaires only relate to the thing being interviewed for.
It's for anything really. For whenever the interviewers want to toss you a curve ball. Other hypothetical (and ridiculous question) include but are not limited to "If you had to be a colour, which one would you be and why?"[footnote]Not race related but an actual colour[/footnote], "What animal do you want to be?", "If you know you could see in the future would you do it or not and why?"[footnote]Usually it's doing some kind of action, say "by drinking this glass of water".[/footnote], "What is your favourite type of cookie?"[footnote]OK, not really hypothetical but nothing to do with the job.[/footnote], "If you could save a loved one by [insert significant hindrance here] would you do it?" or "If you knew the world will end tomorrow, what would you do?". Alternatively, they may straight toss you a paradox "If an unstoppable force hits an immovable object, what would happen?"[footnote]The correct answer is: "The existence of "unstoppable force" denies the existence of an "immovable object" and vice-versa. You can have only one of the two, hence the question is wrong."[/footnote]