If you could nuke a country?

darksakul

Old Man? I am not that old .....
Jun 14, 2008
Every single country and city in the world, and Antarctica for good measure.
Let it all burn and have a good laugh while we ate at it.

Seriously this thread is the most hate laden, biggot filled and sickening thread I have ever read. Ans I browse /b/ on 4chan.

Lev The Red

Aug 5, 2011
probably the ukraine. it's my homeland and i love it, but it's gotten too big for its britches.
a russian ukraine or no ukraine at all.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Nuke one country retaliation free? I would nuke one with a large enough stockpile of nuclear weapons in the hope that it might create a cascading effect setting off other Nuclear warheads in proximity, and maybe if just lucky enough the damage would seep over their borders into another country with Nukes, and that would provoke a retaliation of its own.

Go big or go home bitches.

snagli

Jan 21, 2011
Why the US of course! Oh don't give me that look, I'm not a big fan of you guys. There are probably countries out there that deserve a good nuking more, but I just want to wipe everything between Canada and Mexico off the map (Alaska can stay).

Sougo

Mar 20, 2010
If I'm given a nuke, I'm keeping that thing locked up. Heck, I would erect a country to hide the nuke!

A nuke would be the best political leverage available, better than a Hillary Clinton, Nelson Mandela and Mahatma Gandhi combined.

Tragically, having nukes essentially means you have an actual say in world affairs. If you look at it that way, can you really blame all those countries (that aren't in the G8) for trying to get them.

Sougo

Mar 20, 2010
snagli said:
Why the US of course! Oh don't give me that look, I'm not a big fan of you guys. There are probably countries out there that deserve a good nuking more, but I just want to wipe everything between Canada and Mexico off the map (Alaska can stay).
Are you sure about Alaska? I mean, thats where Sarah Palin 'descended' from. I don't know about you, but Sarah Palin is probably as close to Jar Jar Binks as a human can get. Who knows what kind of creatures are breeding up there. (shivers)

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
I'd create a roullete table labled with all the nations of the world. Give it a spin, drop in a ball and wait for the result.

As a side project, I would also offer bets on who would get the bombing...I'd make a killing.

darksakul said:

If you start wearing white pancake makeup, I'm getting the shotgun...

snagli

Jan 21, 2011
Sougo said:
snagli said:
Are you sure about Alaska? I mean, thats where Sarah Palin 'descended' from. I don't know about you, but Sarah Palin is probably as close to Jar Jar Binks as a human can get. Who knows what kind of creatures are breeding up there. (shivers)
True, but destroying Alaska would require additional, more precise nuclear strikes, to make sure Canada doesn't get hit. Too much of a hassle. I'll just make sure to strap Sarah Palin to a nuke, much easier.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Aztlan, because those dudes will sacrifice you on an altar to their sun-god to ensure "bigger profit margins"...

...WHADDYA MEAN THEY DON'T EXIST?!

Seriously. I hold the nukes in reserve as a retaliatory option.
Why? Because you can't "uninvent" the nuke without undoing civilization as we know it.

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
darksakul said:

Seriously this thread is the most hate laden, biggot filled and sickening thread I have ever read. Ans I browse /b/ on 4chan.
I am sorry, but we cannot continue to ignore the penguin menace of Antarctica!

I hate those bastards from the bottom of my heart! They killed my mother!

the world would be better off without those damned little tuxedos >: [

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Iran. Not that I hate the people, but the Iranian Government is enough to make me wanna bomb them.

Otherwise, none.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Nobody. Because I literally can't think of anyone who'd be deserving of something of that magnitude. I'd hypothetically seize control of an array of silos only to have it be dismantled and turned into regular grain silos or whatever underground installations would be useful.

Sure, there's plenty of people I don't agree with, and some ongoing political feuds I'm sick of. Would I kill anyone over them? Hell, no. I'm lacking every single bit of info a reasonably informed head of state should have to make a judgment call of that nature.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
I'd get the smallest country in the world, remove all the people and animals, put it on Pluto with all of the nukes and set it all off.

Twilight.falls

Jun 7, 2010
While certainly a tempting thought, I would probably never do it.
I can't speak for anyone else, but the guilt would destroy me. I'd most likely measure the pros and cons, come up with the most efficient use of a nuclear weapon, use it, and then be stricken with regret for the rest of my life that I'd never be able to atone for. To me, the thought of me directly destroying the lives of countless people, people who have families and friends, hopes and dreams, is absolutely horrifying.

Perhaps I'd try to rationalize it, say "It was for the better", but deep down I'd never be able to forgive myself.

Ectoplasmicz

Nov 23, 2011
France. Stuck up, smug useless bastards.

Maybe start acting more politely and show some respect and I will reconsider.

Doneeee

Dec 27, 2011
Um, Antarctica. I say we get those green fellows and people who don't care to quit arguing by destroying the ice caps, raising the sea level, and screwing us over in a matter of days rather than centuries. :D