If you could nuke a country?

wetfart

Jul 11, 2010
I'd announce to the powers of the world my newly gained power. Then I'd conclude my speech with an offer to sell it to the highest bidder. If I can find a way to double cross or screw over the bidders, all the better.

Though if I can't go the super-villain/James Bond-esque route, I suppose I'd nuke Iran. I wouldn't want any competition for my new empire.

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
If I could just make a country disappear? A nuke wouldn't do that, but if I have to chose one, I'd go with the USA.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
None! Only the lowest most evil SOB would even consider using those damn things.
Seriously the Internet scares the shit out of me sometimes.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Woodsey said:
Obviously Australia: no land mass with spiders like that can be allowed to survive.
You know how using fire on zombies is counter-productive, right?[footnote]Because instead of a bunch of corpses that are advancing towards you and want to eat you, you now have a bunch of burning corpses that are advancing[/footnote] Don't you think irradiating the Australian already murderous and weird living things would also be counter-productive? Let's assume that the spiders, koalas and whatnot don't mutate and become even more deadly - natural selection means that only the strongest, most durable and (it's Australia, after all) most deadly creatures would survive. They would also be pissed. Do you want to unleash all the champion versions of the most deadly flora and fauna from Earth upon Earth?

matqc23

Oct 17, 2009
China.

Why ? Cause it's the most populated country in the world, if I have to nuke someone might as well make it worth it.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I wouldn't nuke any country. There are enough good people living in every country of the world that they do not deserve to die for the sins of the evil.

I am by no means a bleeding heart activist but even Iran and North Korea have scholars, artists, scientists, activists etc who mean well and who could have a lot to offer the rest of the world. Should they be annihilated due to the political machinations of their governments? Absolutely not.

Coldster

Oct 29, 2010
North Korea. Make sure its the upper part so that it doesn't affect South Korea too bad. Quite frankly, I'm very surprised not too many of you have said this.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
I wouldn't nuke anyone because everyone knows that we'd only be screwing ourselves and the rest of the world. I am, however, waiting for the day where we will be able to 'remove' places on the world and place them in another place in the universe or in a sustainable pocket dimension.

Because seriously, people won't be able to kill each other over who deserves Israel if it no longer physically exists on the planet, and those who are willing to die for that place will not be willing to pursue the scientific possibilities of 'returning' it to Earth.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
DoPo said:
Woodsey said:
Obviously Australia: no land mass with spiders like that can be allowed to survive.
You know how using fire on zombies is counter-productive, right?[footnote]Because instead of a bunch of corpses that are advancing towards you and want to eat you, you now have a bunch of burning corpses that are advancing[/footnote] Don't you think irradiating the Australian already murderous and weird living things would also be counter-productive? Let's assume that the spiders, koalas and whatnot don't mutate and become even more deadly - natural selection means that only the strongest, most durable and (it's Australia, after all) most deadly creatures would survive. They would also be pissed. Do you want to unleash all the champion versions of the most deadly flora and fauna from Earth upon Earth?
That's why we then we send in the bears. And then to clean up the bears: snakes.

MrTub

Mar 12, 2009
IamQ said:
Aeshi said:
Sweden, the only things that have slithered out of that miserable hole are Pirates, "SWE?" brats and open-source using kneejerks who believe "the man" is hiding all the cancer cures because they somehow make money off it
I've been thinking and thinking, and I can't honestly deduce whether you're being serious or not. I mean, do you honestly think that those three things are the only things that come out of Sweden? And because of those things, we deserve to be nuked?

In that case, maybe I'll just remind you of some good Swedish things, game related even, since this is a gaming site mainly, that you seem to have missed.

Battlefield/Mirrors Edge: Swedish
Just Cause: Swedish
Amnesia/Prenumbra: Swedish
Syndicate (2012): Swedish
Minecraft: Swedish
The Darkness(2007): Swedish
Well.. You got to agree that SWE? is quite annoying..

x EvilErmine x

Cake or death?!
Apr 5, 2010
PromethianSpark said:
Convoy said:
I'm an American, I'd nuke my own country and Israel. For world peace. I'd have a statue in my honor.
I would build one in your honour!

GenericAmerican said:
Atlantis, it's out there, and I say we get rid of it.
Omg Lol!

Nine strategic nukes is all that is required to blow the planet of its axis and trigger doomsday! Would have to choose that
I call shenanigans on this, you realise that the average large meteor impact releases a lot more energy than 9 nukes, yet the earth is still here. Also in 1883 Krakatoa erupted, this was the single largest explosion in all of recorded human history. It was the equivalent of around 200 megatons of TNT. Which works out at about 4 times more powerful than the Tsar Bomba, which is the most powerful Thermonuclear weapon ever detonated by man. Again still here and still spinning along merrily last time I checked

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
I wouldn't nuke anyone, I'd put it on sale. Then when Iran bought it for roughly ten times their annual GDP paid in full up front, I'd give them a box full of old pinball machine parts.

Ashadowpie

Feb 3, 2012
nuking anything is bad, the radiation devastates the very area and beyond the bomb hit. bomb the shit outta a building it'll break the structure, nuke a building you're creating hell for years miles even kilometers round. not cool * hugs a nature * hell the tree's in Hiroshima are finally growing healthy again!

PromethianSpark

Mar 27, 2011
x EvilErmine x said:
I call shenanigans on this, you realise that the average large meteor impact releases a lot more energy than 9 nukes. Also in 1883 Krakatoa erupted, this was the single largest explosion in all of recorded human history. It was the equivalent of around 200 megatons of TNT. Which works out at about 4 times more powerful than the Tsar Bomba, which is the most powerful Thermonuclear weapon ever detonated by man.
Can't remember where I got the info on this, so I can't quote it. However, the word strategic here did not imply a particular kind of nuke, but rather strategic positioning and timing to achieve a certain effect. Its not so much about a single force as it is about a particular method. So if one had this info, one could make it happen with nine nukes.

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
I wouldn't nuke anyone yet. I would demand a nice abandoned island and millions of dollars for a top notch research facility and gather all the world's top scientists on this neutral island in the hopes that we might actually get some shit done without stupid politicians intervening. Then I would hold the nuke as a safety measure to prevent invasion by anyone.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
None, one more wasteland fucked for a few centuries.