If you could try any drug without addiction and 100% safety?

FolkLikePanda

Apr 15, 2009
Probably LSD, though apparently it isn't too addictive but I have a fucked up head anyway so I'd probably end up topping meself if I tried it for real.

Also Cocaine to see how pumped up I can get and Heroin to see what happens.

Mocmocman

Dec 4, 2012
Cyanide. I heard it was really bitter and I want to know what it tastes like, plus being able to say that I've taken cyanide. Or am I cheating this 100% safe thing?

IrateDonnie

Apr 1, 2010
tricky-crazy said:
Hallucinations are fun for a while but it can become a nightmare pretty quickly.
I understand exactly what you mean, except you can wake up from a nightmare. I used to have a buddy that took a trip & never completely returned.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
I don't think I've seen anyone say bath salts or human adrenal gland.
Not to mention there's a ton of lesser known stuff.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Zykon TheLich said:
FizzyIzze said:
I've not seen that. Any chance of a brief summary of what they did wrong (other than the usual forcing people to take more than they want)? Subutex is generally one of the more successful heroin substitutes.
So the documentary is entirely filmed on a hand held video camera by a friend of the main subject, all shot in Finland and then when the guy flees sentencing for auto theft. France has been distributing Subutex for free with a prescription and the process has been completely subverted. Subutex is being sold on the black market and is the drug of choice for the guys in Reindeerspotting.

Aug 31, 2012
FizzyIzze said:
So the documentary is entirely filmed on a hand held video camera by a friend of the main subject, all shot in Finland and then when the guy flees sentencing for auto theft. France has been distributing Subutex for free with a prescription and the process has been completely subverted. Subutex is being sold on the black market and is the drug of choice for the guys in Reindeerspotting.
Most countries in Europe do the same, and that's nothing unusual, most medical drugs get subverted. Compared to street drug use it's a relatively minor problem in Europe, the benefits way outstrip the problems it causes, it's just that Finland doesn't have a particularly large problem with street drugs and Subutex is easily smuggled due to its size.

Cry Wolf

Oct 13, 2010
FolkLikePanda said:
Probably LSD, though apparently it isn't too addictive but I have a fucked up head anyway so I'd probably end up topping meself if I tried it for real.
Thats almost the entire reason any member of drug culture - however minor - will tell you to only take hallucinogens in the presence of a relatively sober friend incase you have a bad trip.

redknightalex

Elusive Paragon
Aug 31, 2012
Nothing. Not a single one of them.

For me, I've experienced enough of the out-of-body, out-of-mind, psychotic, hallucinogenic crap for one lifetime and I'm not even halfway there. Far from it. Most of this came from being dosed improperly with psychotropic drugs (all prescribed) or being exceptionally sleep deprived (ie a couple of months). Feeling out-of-control is not very fun for me, or not being in full control of my mental facilities, and it happens often enough as it is.

Strangely enough, my first tripping experience came from a case of Serotonin Syndrome (not fun!) which was triggered by a therapeutic dose of an SSRI. Even when I took painkillers for a week due to a bruised nerve I found the experience to be not only boring but overrated.

I also dislike alcohol, needles, and snorting anything. Pills are ok though, just don't you dare try and stick me with a needle!

bananafishtoday

Nov 30, 2012
Esotera said:
Wouldn't mind trying LSD, it's supposed to completely change your perception of the world. Still...I'm not really allowing myself to take any drugs, barely any caffeine/alcohol either these days.
I'll 100% vouch for the "completely change your perspective on the world" talk. (Not any of that "like I saw God and I like saw my best friend and like me and like we were all one" silly bullshit you hear in movies.)

It's something that's pretty much impossible to explain, but why acid has this effect is something I've tried to hash out with friends, and I think we've come up with a pretty reasonable explanation. Our theory is that almost everyone, throughout their whole lives, only sees reality from one perspective. This isn't a very interesting statement, since it's true by definition (you experience everything from one POV because your POV is composed of everything you experience.)

What acid does is it allows you to see the world from a radically different perspective. It isn't to say that you "learn" anything while on the drug. Rather, it creates context once you're straight again that informs your perspective for the rest of your life. A good analogy might be... if you have one picture of something, it's 2D (ignoring that the brain fills in the details to make it seem 3D, it's just an analogy.) This makes it impossible to judge the dimensions of anything, as all you have is a flat image. But if you have two pictures of something from different angles, you can use them to build an accurate, 3D idea of their actual properties.

Essentially, it allows you to see through a lot of bullshit. It makes you capable of judging what really matters in life vs. what's arbitrary or contrived. (I think Bill Hicks had it right when he compared life to a roller coaster: it has highs and lows, thrills and lulls, but at the end of the day, it's just a ride. Acid helps one understand this and enables one to focus on enjoying the ride more and helping make it more enjoyable for others, both for peers and generations to come, rather than "winning.") It makes you care passionately about the things that matter and more willing to roll your eyes at the things that don't.

It also makes you far more empathetic. This was something that came very hard to me in my adolescence. (I remember once telling my mother that I was scared I didn't have a conscience.) But seeing reality from a perspective outside normal human experience allows you to easily see reality from the perspectives of other humans. It makes you care more about others, helps you understand others' viewpoints, and greatly aids in communicating with other people from a POV they understand.

Maybe some people may not take all this away from the experience. I can see how some might be able to write it off as, "Lol that was crazy. Whelp, back to what I was doing." But I think for an intelligent, introspective individual, it can be life-changing. This may be veering into conspiracy theory territory, but I feel like a big part of the reason that acid is illegal comes not from the fact that it's "dangerous," but from the fact that it allows people to reject nonsensical, divisive power structures and focus more on what's good for humanity as a whole.

Or, uh... that's just what I've heard...

tricky-crazy said:
IrateDonnie said:
tricky-crazy said:
Hallucinations are fun for a while but it can become a nightmare pretty quickly.
I understand exactly what you mean, except you can wake up from a nightmare. I used to have a buddy that took a trip & never completely returned.
Well it really depend on the case, using hallucinogenic drugs once and being schizophrenic is two different thing.
Taking drug will last you for a couple hours and then you return (normally, don't know much about your friend that never returned), being mentally ill affects you 24/7.

The thing that I hated with my hallucinations is that it was constant, I never knew when things were real or not real, I was questioning everything.
When you start to hallucinate a plethora or crows that scream at you that you should kill yourself, the appeal of hallucinating start to wear off.

I would say, try hallucinogenic drug once to see how it feels, but centering your life on it is not fun at all.
Yeah, that must be terrifying. One of the biggest things about hallucinogens like LSD is mindset, in that you can always focus on it not being real. I've never had a bad trip, because as long as you go in with the right state of mind, you can always assure yourself, "Don't worry, you're on a drug. This is only temporary." That's the big difference between hallucinogens and dissociatives... with the latter, you can't maintain that presence of mind. So if things go bad, they can easily become absolutely horrifying. Obviously it's not something I can comment on from personal experience, but I think schizophrenia would be more like that.

SadisticFire

Oct 1, 2012
I guess I'm a loser cause I'm not choosing LSD.
I would choose Ecstasy because it would be nice to feel...well nice in a world of misery and despair, but I would end up feeling guilty afterwards for giving myself such an undeserving experience while others suffer. Would be nice to feel good for a while though.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
I've always wanted to try marijuana, but knowing my shitty luck I'd probably get busted my first try or have a random drug test the next day at work. The whole mellowing out thing really appeals to me, I get so wound up all the time and it would be awesome if I had something that could chill me out when I needed it and there were no repercussions.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Acid.

And I've heard that tripping balls on heroin is much closer to the ultimate nightmare than it is anything tranquil.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Marijuana. Honestly, I don't wanna be hyper/ wired/ super horny, I just wanna chill out (and an excuse to eat lots of junk food).

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
A full dosage of Cyriak.

I take that pretty often anyways, but hey. I stick with what I know I like.

JLML

Feb 18, 2010
Well, people always do say I seem like I'm on drugs. . .

Anyhow, safe or not, I would never try any form of psychoactive drug, at least not for recreational use. Well, that would technically be lying, now wouldn't it? Let me rephrase that. I'd never recreationally use any form of psychoactive drug stronger than what's found in the average cup of tea (yeah, caffeine *technically* a psychoactive drug), so I guess I'd simply try caffeine in the form of cups of tea, 'cause I like my tea.

See, I don't like the idea of messing with the way I think. That being said, I'm thankful they pumped me full of the stuff when they were operating on me a few years back. Orthopaedic surgery without anaesthetics is not something I'd like to try.

ShinyCharizard

Oct 24, 2012
Rednog said:
I've always wanted to try marijuana, but knowing my shitty luck I'd probably get busted my first try or have a random drug test the next day at work. The whole mellowing out thing really appeals to me, I get so wound up all the time and it would be awesome if I had something that could chill me out when I needed it and there were no repercussions.
Speaking from experience there really is no repercussions so by all means try it.

NiPah

May 8, 2009
Speedball

I think it would be like going on 10 Red Bulls an hour for a week plus you can't feel pain.