If you could try any drug without addiction and 100% safety?

V da Mighty Taco

Apr 9, 2011
None. The reason I don't drink or get high is because I do not trust myself with them. As much as people fight it, parts of a person's psyche do eventually come into play that they'd rather not let take control. Usually it's not very often, but I'm simply not going to take the chance that I may do something horrible that I'll regret due to losing self-control.

Plus, I'm a ball of nonsensical energy as it is. Most people who meet me when I'm not attached to video games often end up thinking I'm high anyways. There's a reason that I consider Pinkie Pie best pony. :p

LesStewart

Jul 4, 2009
I almost feel like this is a trick question: amphetamines! Without the possibility of addiction, you have a pharmacological resource that effectively addresses any shortcomings you have when it comes to conscientiousness.
When it comes to effective performance, it it's even close.

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
Either Cocaine or LSD. I have never hallucinated before, and fuck if I don't want to lose weight fast while feeling energetic all the damn time.

MrPhyntch

Nov 4, 2009
I'm going to say none. Not due to "oh, all drugs are dangerous your situation can't happen lol" or "im drug free and pruod lol", but rather that the "me" that people see is a really well constructed persona only held together by my inhibitions. Any drug worth taking would by necessity get rid of these inhibitions, and I don't trust the "animal" side of my persona to be running around. Hell, I hate to fall asleep in public for similar reasons (I am known to talk in my sleep and even sleepwalk. Imagine what I might do if I fell asleep on, say, an airplane)

However, with all negative side effects removed and addiction risks gone, I would feed my friends ecstasy and LSD (prolly not at the same time, though) without remorse. And with a video camera.

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
I'll go with none. Addiction or negative reactions isn't why I don't do drugs. Maybe the super soldier drug from Captain America like someone mentioned. But if we're going into the realm of fantasy then either Mako exposure from FF7 or whatever they did to Celes in FF6.

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
LSD or Acid. I'd guess a hallucinogen would be the most interesting assuming I couldn't get a bad trip.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
No negative effects? Fuck that, Bane's Venom. Super strong when I need it, not be an arrogant jerkoff psycho. Give me some more pluses. I could totally be a pro wrestler with that shit.
Don't judge me =P

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
Real fucking ecstasy/MDMA. I've tried to do it three times and every time it was bunk fake sugar pills. Taking LSD was in the top three experiences of my existence on this planet and the people in this thread have the right idea. Salvia is not a valid substitute and was a shit experience for me every single time. Also, you can remove the "100% safe" stipulation on the X, I'll take my chances. You only get one Earth journey, and I intend on experiencing everything this planet has to show and offer me while I'm here. It won't last forever, and I hate more than anything the idea of lying on my deathbed being curious about all of these things I never did and will be unable to do. That's how I live at least, obviously you are free to choose your own subscription.

ShinyCharizard

Oct 24, 2012
DrunkOnEstus said:
Real fucking ecstasy/MDMA. I've tried to do it three times and every time it was bunk fake sugar pills. Taking LSD was in the top three experiences of my existence on this planet and the people in this thread have the right idea. Salvia is not a valid substitute and was a shit experience for me every single time. Also, you can remove the "100% safe" stipulation on the X, I'll take my chances. You only get one Earth journey, and I intend on experiencing everything this planet has to show and offer me while I'm here. It won't last forever, and I hate more than anything the idea of lying on my deathbed being curious about all of these things I never did and will be unable to do. That's how I live at least, obviously you are free to choose your own subscription.
This is a philosophy that I like. Kudos to you.

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
LSD could be really interesting.
I'd also be curious about heroin, just to see what all the fuss was about.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
I guess I'd have to go with either meth or heroin, because no other drug that I would ever consider using is unsafe nor would it be a risk for addiction with any sort of significance.

I'm saving those first two for my death bed (heroin until at least after retirement, but meth only when I've got months to live, never earlier, fuck that).

Everything else? Nothing, really, to worry about as far as OP's guidelines go. Just the law to worry about.

Shrooms, LSD, DMT, weed, ecstasy, and coke? All pretty damn safe as long as you aren't being retarded and do even an ounce of research ahead of time, and most are essentially impossible to be physically addicted to, and certainly never addicted after a single use. I'd be more concerned about alcohol poisoning than any of those far safer alternatives in one's one home.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
There's no way, under any circumstances that I would ever take a recreational/illicit drug.

I just can't do it. I physically cannot; I am crippled in proximity to them. Not that I'd want to anyway.

NightmareWarden

Jul 2, 2011
Shrooms. A friend of mine took them and he said they are the kind of drug you should take once in your life, but you (or at least he) won't want to take again. Rather than getting the..."highest" he described using shrooms as the "deepest" feeling he'd ever had taking drugs. He's never taken any of that crazy or addictive stuff (coke or bath salts), but I know he's at least tried shrooms and marijuana, probably along with a few others. The best way I can describe my understanding of it would be that it alters your perspective in more ways than simple colorful and wonky effects.

kypsilon

May 16, 2010
Jayemsal said:
wintercoat said:
Colour-Scientist said:
>_>

freakin squares, man.

LSD IS ACID.

I'd say LSD tho, it offers a very unique experience and using it may actually give you some of the best experiences of your entire life.

I firmly believe everyone should take LSD at least once in their life.
Lol...open The Doors to your mind and all that? I wholeheartedly agree.

OT: I'd probably take something like that wonder drug that turns you into batman or something from the comic Batman: Child of Dreams. You could whup ass around Gotham for a night and then still wake up alive the next day instead as a withered husk.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
I'd like to give LSD a go. At least once. Currently an occasional user of pot. Had a chance to try cocaine once but I turned it down and glad I did.

Darken12

Apr 16, 2011
Nah, I'm cool. I've never been a fan of altered states of consciousness. The idea of having my mind impaired (or "enhanced") in any way is quite frightening. I am already wary of the sleeping pills I have to take for my insomnia, and they make me sleepy and amnesiac, so I'm not keen on going anywhere beyond that.

Captcha: wild and crazy guys. I think I saw a video like that once...

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Smile Dip:

Or it's closest equivalent LSD. Or mushrooms. LSD might be a bit too heavy so mushrooms will do I think. Provided it's a guaranteed good trip.