If you could wish one thing out of this world...

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Gah, there are way too many choices and many of which would probably be selfish of me anyway.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
HG131 said:
Quazimofo said:
Thespian said:
Quazimofo said:
RT-Medic-with-shotgun said:
Everything that George Carlin saw wrong with the world.

Because it would be an awesome result.
i hope you take religion out of that list, because despite the zealots, it is an enforcer of morals, and also makes a fuck ton of people content in the belief that when they die, it isnt the end. i know i would be a goddamn hedonist if i didnt hope that being good would get me more than just tiny ass short term gain, in the form of not a fuck ton of suffering.
I bolded the reason why religion should be removed from this world.
just a personal example. the point is religion is a moderating force on an otherwise brutish people. imagine how worse things would have been if all the really big people had no reason not to rape your wife, steal your food, and kill you for shits and giggles way back before society developed, in no small part around common religious views. it also provides content, feeling of security, and happiness in believers.
So, you're saying religious people would just rape and kill everyone if religion wasn't stopping them while us atheists don't do it because it's the right thing? And we're the bad guys?
no, i am not saying athiests are the bad guys. and honestly this has gotten way out of hand, and i probably did more to anger people than to support my point. my point is, that religion played no small part in the development of morals, which most of us live by today. without morals, it would have been a bit tougher for society to develop past the basic stage of the biggest guy gets what he wants, and if you disagree he kills you with a big stick. the large organized religions as they exist today are a bit pointless, as they are trying to moderate what people do despite the fact our society does not need it anymore.
i only thought that originally he meant that religious beliefs in general would be removed, rather than just the organized religions which try to be more important and controlling then they should be nowadays.
i really really wish this would've ended with the conversation between me and the person i quoted, but i guess it didnt. if you are curious as to what we said, its in the first few pages. and im just not going to respond to any more comments on this because these religious debates always ALWAYS get worse the longer they go on. sorry if i pissed anyone off, did not mean to, and i hope i finally communicated my point well enough for people to understand i hold no animosity towards other beliefs, and i believe it helped early humans, and is not pointless now, just not as important as it once was.

NightlyNews

Mar 25, 2011
Donnyp said:
NightlyNews said:
Donnyp said:
SmileyBat said:
For me, it would be lolicon and pedophilia in general.
WHY NOT JUST GET RID OF CANDY! lol. Had to.

OT: I would wish that everyone who isn't as logical or as smart as me would cease to exist. Not dead just not here lol.
I would rather be dead than nonexistant. Also, this wish would make you the dumbest person on the planet 0.o
Really? So your saying that my level of intelligence is at a specific spot that no one is smarter by only a slight margin? There would still be people who are at my level and those above.
Considering that you believe that intelligence is an easily quantifiable idea and that there is an overall chart that everyone can be scored on ... your concept is already stupid, so not many people would be "removed" from the earth anyway.

Would being tied with the dumbest people on Earth really be any better than just being the dumbest. Sounds like the same kind of hell to me.

Jan 29, 2009
Religion.
I AM a Christian, and do believe in God, Jesus, etc.
Belief I love, religion gets in the way.
Why?
Because people get involved and in charge.
People decide "this needs changing".
People decide "I should get paid more".
People decide "He's not good enough".

My point is that something like this cannot be left to people to control, cos then we end up with today's situation: 10 million differentiations and nobody agreeing.
These stupid schisms separate the crap out of people.
I can't tell you how many friends I have who have grown up under different beliefs, and it sucks to love someone who believes in something else.

Zakarath

Mar 23, 2009
Nuclear weapons, as they are the number 1 most likely cause of an early end to the world. And with them gone, we can bring back the massive wars everyone is too scared to have now! Score!

Or maybe oil, I think it would be pretty hilarious to watch modern society crumble if all the petroleum suddenly vanished from the world.