If you could wish one thing out of this world...

gbemery

Jun 27, 2009
thejackyl said:
Disease. Or rather forms of sickness in general

I see a lot of people saying things about certain music, and stupid people, and such. But those things are (mostly) harmless. But if you could get rid of any sickness you could remove a lot of suffering from the world.

Perhaps this is just me thinking about the like 6 family members I've lost to lung cancer (none of which smoked, btw)
I second your thought.

OP: I would wish out leukemia that way I would have more time with the one I love, and I wouldn't have to worry about things such as will she still be here next year, month or even week. :(

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
Two things.

1) People who are intolerant of other people's cultures.
2) The Dutch.

Or, mosquitoes. Because I hate mosquitoes.

Erja_Perttu

May 6, 2009
fenrizz said:
The British Isles.

But I can settle for wiping Scotland of the face of the planet.
But - where could people go for rainy holidays and bad food? YOU CAN'T TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME!!!

OT: I'd get rid of the ability for zealots to act in such a way that harms people.

Like if someone thought, I know, that person doesn't think like I do, I'll shoot them, they'd suddenly find themselves with a distinct lack of limbs.

DesiPrinceX09

Mar 14, 2010
Bacon, because it just looks and smells nasty and so people will stop trying to shove it my face. And so people would stop using it as a means for bad humor against Muslims.

Condor219

Sep 14, 2010
firestar1202 said:
Condor219 said:
OT: Rap Music. I see nothing actually beneficial about it, and I feel it drove/is driving mainstream music in a direction that is both bad sounding and detrimental to soceity.
That's just ridiculous, it's a form of music just like rock and jazz, and you want to erase it from existence because you don't like to listen to it? It's beneficial to the kids listening to it, because not every rap song is misogynistic, and many rappers, like Eminem, have a family. And beneficial? Okay, give me one beneficial thing about videogames. The excess stuff we have isn't supposed to be beneficial, it's supposed to be fun and enjoyable, and if millions of people are enjoying it, who do you think you are to deem that it doesn't deserve to be in this world? Listen to Sing for the Moment, if you can without pulling your eardrums out for five minutes, and you might find out some things you didn't know.
I personally saw the question as "What is one thing that you wish was gone", and I didn't want to say something like an entire principle of humanity because it feels too general. So, I chose something that I, personally, didn't like. I assumed that "wishing it out of existance" meant that no memory of it would manifest in anyone's mind. It's sort of unrealistic to think that would ever happen, so I just coined it because I'm not too big a fan of it and it was one of the first things that came to mind. Did I say that there aren't any good rap songs? Heck no. Did I say that I wished all rappers, as people, would just leave existence? No again. I'd assumed that, in this parallel world where rap didn't exist, the talent that would have been put into rap songs would be put into something else.

Anyway, my point is, rap is a genre that many like, and a genre where there are great songs, (like all others), but one that I personally don't enjoy. I tried to make it clear by using "I feel that" and "I see" to indicate opinion, but apparently it didn't come across.

rancher of monsters said:
Condor219 said:
OT: Rap Music. I see nothing actually beneficial about it, and I feel it drove/is driving mainstream music in a direction that is both bad sounding and detrimental to soceity.
Rock Music, I see nothing actually beneficial about it, and I feel it drove/is driving mainstream music in a direction that is both bad sounding and detrimental to soceity.
More power to ya. Clearly everyone has their own opinion on every issue, something I hope more people realize.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
DesiPrinceX09 said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

<youtube=0_5LnKVfS5M>

OT: Atheistic views, because I've gotten sick of being shat on by atheists. What are you going to do about it?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
EHKOS said:
Humans....sorry guys.
Why?

To save the planet? To stop wars? To stop suffering?

Why bother doing that if we aren't going to be around to see it? That's not even a selfish question, that's the only conceivable reason I can see of bothering to save the big ol' rock.

A better wish would be "Cars, minus busses", or "Wars", or "Starvation".

.No.

Dec 29, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
Intolerance
and people like this guy:
.No. said:
The word gamer applied to anyone who plays video games(There was an Extra Credits and Extra Punctuation on this) and slow computers which would all be replaced by hypothetical computers from space.
I think you may have misunderstood me. I don't think only "hardcore" gamers should be called gamers, I think that the word gamer should be symmetrical to film buff or bookworm. I said slow computers shouldn't exist because I have an extrordainarily shitty computer.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
lacktheknack said:
EHKOS said:
Humans....sorry guys.
Why?

Why bother doing that if we aren't going to be around to see it? That's not even a selfish question, that's the only conceivable reason I can see of bothering to save the big ol' rock.

To leave the rest of it alone. The flora and fuana.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
EHKOS said:
lacktheknack said:
EHKOS said:
Humans....sorry guys.
Why?

To leave the rest of it alone. The flora and fuana.
Again, as I said before... why? Why should we erase ourselves to save a bunch of ducks/elephants/bears/whatever? It's all going to get horrifically murdered in the next large-scale natural disaster anyways.

If we aren't here to see it, then we shouldn't actually give care whether or not the planet survives, BECAUSE IT WOULDN'T MATTER. As is, at least there's a sentient being around capable of enjoying what nature is there, giving it some semblance of meaning.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
PatSilverFox said:
I second this answer.

Theres way too much in our society between race, religion, political view, sexuality, gender, beliefs, etc. It's ridiculous how intolerant many people are in the country that is supposed to be the land of the free.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
lacktheknack said:
OT: Atheistic views, because I've gotten sick of being shat on by atheists. What are you going to do about it?
B-b-but I'm atheist!!! I don't think its really the religious or non-religious people as a whole who need to disappear as everyone is entitled to their own opinions and beliefs, but more so the ones who never shut up about forcing their beliefs upon others, whatever those beliefs may be. Having an overly atheist person talk down to a religious person and hammering their beliefs has got to be just as annoying as an extremely religious person doing the same to an atheist.

OT: I say WBC. They are a blight.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
KefkaCultist said:
lacktheknack said:
B-b-but I'm atheist!!! I don't think its really the religious or non-religious people as a whole who need to disappear as everyone is entitled to their own opinions and beliefs, but more so the ones who never shut up about forcing their beliefs upon others, whatever those beliefs may be. Having an overly atheist person talk down to a religious person and hammering their beliefs has got to be just as annoying as an extremely religious person doing the same to an atheist.
If anything, it's MORE annoying. Because a religious person might hammer their beliefs home on someone because they desire salvation for all those around them. They're doing it all wrong, but the intention is good.

Why must an atheist shove their beliefs on anyone else? To prove they're better? It's certainly not for salvation reasons.