If you had a Death Note how would you use it?

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I'd keep it, then see how my thoughts would change, eventually go crazy and start killing people for no good reasons trying to take over the world OR then I'd just keep it safe from no other persons reach untill I die and give it to another guardian who wouldn't (hopefully) use it.

Spawny0908

Feb 11, 2009
DarkRyter said:
I'd burn it.

I watched Death Note man.

Even when you win, you don't win.
This! Plus if you used one you don't get to go to heaven OR hell when you die. Life's too short to not only fuck up your life but your afterlife as well!

Alluos

Nov 7, 2010
Been a long time since I watched/read it, but isn't that whole "not going to heaven or hell" a sort of joke among the Shinigami as there IS no heaven or hell? At least as far as the series goes... I'm pretty sure Light brings that up somewhere near the end. Maybe... probably... ionno...

I'd keep it, maybe not use it without a really good reason.
But as an atheist that whole after-life thing doesn't apply... unless if the existence of Shinigami proves that there IS...

Nerdstar

Apr 29, 2011
one thing that's always perplexed me about death note is that you need to write someones NAME into the book to kill them, what if you were never given a name in the first place what then? you'd be unkillable via dethnote.

OT:its pretty pointless anyway because everyone's death is pretty much set in stone in the first place. put if i had to choose id either burn the damn thing, give it to scientist's to study or give it to te government as an assantion tool. one things for shure i aint useing it.

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
Spawny0908 said:
DarkRyter said:
I'd burn it.

I watched Death Note man.

Even when you win, you don't win.
This! Plus if you used one you don't get to go to heaven OR hell when you die. Life's too short to not only fuck up your life but your afterlife as well!
In the last volume of the manga, they straight up revealed that the afterlife doesn't exist in Death Note.

Although, there's alternate interpretations. The Director's Cut includes a scene that(debatably) implies that Light became a Shinigami, himself.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Its a moral grey area at best. and since I've never had to cross the line into killing another human being I won't cross it now, not even with "the greater good" intent because there's no definitive proof that it works out for the best. I for one would not kill another person unless I was face to face with them, with general survival being the motive, meaning kill or be killed.
Other than that, having power doesn't mean you should use it.

uzo

Jul 5, 2011
First entry :

"Uzo, dying on 1st January, 2090, 6am (as the sun rises), at the ripe old age of 111 (eleventy-one); as a result of a sudden and very painless heart attack which was due to climax from simultaneous sexual congress with his 3 25-yr old concubines, in his palace built on Diamond Head."

From there on, it'd be wabbit season. Wabbits being people I disapproved of for whatever reason. In other words, I'd follow Raito and become an avenging angel.

Kuroneko97

Aug 1, 2010
I'd hide it somewhere deep in my room. And when the time comes to kill someone who desperately needs to die, I'll rid them.

Just a quick thought: if we had a death note in 2001, would we have had to go to war? We could have found footage of Osama, and then wrote his name in the Death Note.

Food for thought.

OrokuSaki

Nov 15, 2010
I would totally use it, but I wouldn't trade half my life span for the eyes, because my targets are all public figures. I would kill all the world's politicians. What's more I'd schedule them all to die at the exact same moment of something uncommon. Like all of them simultaneously dying of a stroke with no previous conditions, that way it looks like the hand of god reached down to smite the politicians and lawyers.

I would cause instant anarchy throughout the whole world in an instant.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
Nerdstar said:
one thing that's always perplexed me about death note is that you need to write someones NAME into the book to kill them, what if you were never given a name in the first place what then? you'd be unkillable via dethnote.

OT:its pretty pointless anyway because everyone's death is pretty much set in stone in the first place. put if i had to choose id either burn the damn thing, give it to scientist's to study or give it to te government as an assantion tool. one things for shure i aint useing it.
Sort of reminds me of various types of magic in different mythologies and the power of knowing someones name. Remaining nameless gives you great power.

Ledan

Apr 15, 2009
WBC?
Besides, there are many more rules than just those five......
Idk, could be a very profitable assassin career.

Nerdstar

Apr 29, 2011
Clive Howlitzer said:
Nerdstar said:

Sort of reminds me of various types of magic in different mythologies and the power of knowing someones name. Remaining nameless gives you great power.
indeed i too have noticed that and have wondered if the use of a names power in mythologies was intentional in the story

Mugen Weston

Jan 4, 2011
I'd like to say i'd do "justice" and kill off criminals with it, but in reality i'd probably end up using it selfishly and for personal gain.

Ah, curse you human nature...

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Yeah, I'd open up my own DIGNITAS style clinic in Switzerland, offering cheap, painless ends to life for those who need it, maybe partner up with Easyjet or Ryanair for deals on one way tickets. A simple 'dies painlessly in their sleep' each time, means no evidence, no drugs in the patient's immune system, no annoying legal system getting in the way of what's morally the right thing (imo).

In fact, I could open it right here in Britain, being as it's just sheer bad luck that people are dying in my 'hotel', no-one's doing any killing. Just bad luck officer.

Oh and also I'd add Simon Cowell and Rupert Murdoch, in a terrible 'locked portaloo full of raw sewage and rusty razor blades, pushed down a steep hillside' accident.

I'll also have Richard Littlejohn and Nick Griffin, both dying during a heavily filmed gay orgy between them two and a dozen black immigrants. Just because that's a front page story it'd be interesting to see which papers ran with.

Have I let my feelings slip out again?

Dracowrath

Jul 7, 2011
Eh, I don't like the part where "Those who use the death note cannot go to heaven or hell". So most likely I'd just cast it aside and forget about it. But, if that part wasn't true I'd probably take out the 10 most wanted first, then systematically kill everyone on death row in the US, followed by death row inmates in other countries. Then I'd probably spiral into madness like Light, killing criminals for lesser and lesser crimes until a small child from japan catches me.