If you were to worship a fictional God who would you choose?

Araksardet

Jun 5, 2011
Mael, from the Malazan Book of the Fallen. A god with such a good heart is a rarity indeed in that world.

Moromillas

May 25, 2010
Hephaestus, the god of tech and crafting, hell yeah! Well, if I -have- to chose one.

Uhh, why are we not allowed to say Yaweh, Jahova, or Allah are fictional? They are entirely fictional. People who say that are trolls now? Cmon...

rancher of monsters

Oct 31, 2010
Liudeius said:
ace_of_something said:
I was hoping I could beat the trolls who say a currently recognized religion.
Fact isn't trolling,
Claiming things based on no evidence other than "I want it that way" is.
Ohhh... Shit... WE ALL WORSHIP TROLLS!
Still, everyone knew this wasn't a serious religion thread. If you bring up actual religious beliefs in a thread like this you are trolling no matter how much the thread may or may not have been asking for it. If you wanna have a serious discussion on the absence of Gods take it to the religion and politics threads.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Vidar, he is one of Thors brothers. As strong as Thor and one of the few Norse Gods who survive Ragnarok, he also rips Fenrir in half with his bare hands after the wolf eats Odin. And not like in half across the waist, I mean he grabs it by the jaws and tears it in half from its mouth!

Jun 5, 2010
Liudeius said:
TheYellowCellPhone said:
inb4 Christianity's God.
Damnit, Well I'll say it anyway.

Christianity's god.
Or any other (Islam, Hindu, Judaism, ect.)

ace_of_something said:
Fact isn't trolling,
Claiming things based on no evidence other than "I want it that way" is.
Ohhh... Shit... WE ALL WORSHIP TROLLS!

(To clarify, I am joking about worshiping the things that live under bridges. I'm not hating on religion... Any more than I already was.)

Also, keywords "currently recognized". All you people are discriminatory jackwagons for claiming that the ancient Egyptian pantheon of gods is not real.
HAR HAR! why aren't you so trendy and ironic!

MikeZealous

Feb 19, 2009
Gotta make a list:
1. R'hllor, God of Light and Shadow (game of thrones)
2. Greek Pantheon
3. God Emprah of Mankind
4. Khorne, BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Varanfan9 said:
Just a question I thought of that might be interesting. If you were to worship a fictional God which would you worship. And no saying "I would worship God cause he's fictional" or anything like that. Let's not start a flame war.
Personally I would go with the Marvel comics version of Thor. He's awesome and goes around hitting people in the face with a lightning hammer. I've always wondered if he had worshipers in the Marvel universe since he was a God and told everyone that.

Like there's factual ones?

EDIT: Lord Swish, the coffee guy who works at my office. He truly is god. Mainly because I know Him to be real.

Zero_ctrl

Feb 26, 2009
I would have to go with the Norse gods.
Valhalla sounds like my kind of afterlife. Food and war! Hell yeah!

James Crook

Jul 15, 2011
Christianity's God. What? You said "fictional God", so it can be anything...

That, or Chuck Norris.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Cthulhu. Definitely Cthulhu.
I mean, come on, he's a giant octopus headed creature with dragon wings, the ability to drive people mad just by looking at them, and the desire to use these to send earth into eternal darkness and insanity.
Also, I do quite like how the OP said not to say a god that people actually worship to prevent a flame war, followed by the first post being "Christianity's god".

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
ace_of_something said:

Too late.
They're so fast!

OT:
Is there a fictional god of candy and blowjobs? If there isn't I'm making her now,
All worship the glorious goddess!
Yeah you're more or less looking at Aphrodite from the Greek Pantheon, might not be her exact description but I think those things fall under her.

Anyways from my Age of Mythology playing days with all the history it puts behind it I've always been a big fan of Heimdall from Norse Mythology. The one-eyed watcher, dude is pretty bad ass. Thor and Odin maybe tougher but when Ragnarok goes down Heimdall is destined to be the last man (or god) standing to determine the fate of us all.

Ironically taking a quick glance at wiki he's said to be the "whitest of the gods"... kind of ironic they cast a black dude to play him in Thor! (Not that I have a problem with that)

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
nothingspringstomind said:

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
My god, are you choking on something?

OT: Also, I decided I want to worship Unicron, the planet-sized transformer. As well as the Doctor. Because fuck you.

Orbot_Vectorman

Cleaning trash since 1990
May 11, 2009
I'll take up arm's under Kratos's banner... He was god of war, for a little while there... that, and if a fight goes to hell, I just call upon him, and... well.... you know what happens when Kratos gets mad.

DjembeTheBard

Sep 13, 2010
Nysos, God of Blood, Semen and Wine. He's essentially the patron saint of assassins in the Night Angel Trilogy, and has an annual week long festival held in his honour, in which you basically drink and f*ck on a constant basis. Downsides? Not many.