If you were to worship a fictional God who would you choose?

voetballeeuw

May 3, 2010
Alright, to those who have chosen "gods" from the Cthulhu mythos, why have you not chosen Azathoth? Come on, he's a giant swirling mass of chaos at the center of the universe. He even has a few pipers floating around there. He sounds like a winner to me!

Beero

Oct 17, 2009
I'd stick with Slaanesh or Tzeentch. Sorcery is awesome so..
I always thought Khorne is a bit overrated...

Second choice would be the invisible pink unicorn. Mostly because it had an argument about pizza with the purple oister, and that is the reason he is the bad guy.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
If I were religiously inclined, I'd be tempted to follow Yahweh. But then his followers tend to be a bit preachy sometimes.

Enfid

Jan 1, 2009
I'll have to go with Princess Celestia and Princess Luna from MLP:FiM. I'm totally serious BTW.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Probably the six Gods from Guild Wars (Balthazar, Dwayna, Grenth, Ltssa, Melandru and Kormir). Heck if I ever become a Dervish I would learn one of the avatar god skill so I could gain their ability for a brief moment.

Heartbreak One

Feb 27, 2011
Jashin (The Naruto god Hidan worships)
Seriously worshipping this god makes you immortal! But to pray you have to stab yourself with a stick...

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
Varanfan9 said:
a fictional God
Wait, define fictional gods? I'm honestly not trying to be a smart ass or offensive towards religious people or anything by saying this, but you really can't say "Greek Gods are fictional but Christian ones aren't."
I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous. It implies that we know deities that are currently recognized are real, and we know that older ones are not - Which is not true, fact.

Now, maybe the OP actually just meant deities mentioned in fiction that doesn't ever aspire to be fact, and a lot of people who replied just took it to include ancient religions, I dunno. Hence I quoted the OP in the hopes I'd get clarification.

OT: Assuming it is the latter, I'd have to go with The Force. It's not like many other ideas of Gods which work kinda like a monarch, where one guy has control all the time. Just a vibrant, everpresent energy.

Sordak

Oct 5, 2010
Cthulhu? naaah hell shit on my head. or turn me into a deep one.

i think id go with Shor / Lorkhan

ahappycamper

Jul 13, 2009
Was gonna go with in b4 anyone states the obvious, but I just realised this thread has 7 pages of users stating the obvious: all gods are fictional.

OK ok, now that's out the way I will have to say i'll go with CROM, the god of Conan. He laughs at your four winds. He is morose, solemn and unforgiving. He values strength and courage in his worshippers who can never expect any compassion or help from the stalwart god of the Cimmerians.

Dasrufken

Dec 1, 2010
Either the invisible pink unicorn or the norse gods, more specifically thor because he's so badass.

Nooh

Mar 31, 2011
randomfox said:
Cthulhu. Because as VG Cats put it, I'll still die... but faster!
Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn! Let's start a cult and go sacrifice some innocent people. Then he won't eat us last.

Phisi

Jun 1, 2011
I swear there was some tribe or so that believed there was a god but that he/she didn't care about the world but I can't remember the name. I would worship? them but otherwise my choice would probably be the Greek, Roman or Norse gods and goddesses. How about whichever lets me date their goddess of beauty first shall be the one I worship.