I'm Bored?Let's (Actually) make a game!!!!!

SonofaJohannes

Apr 18, 2011
I know how to use basic Ren'py (like, REALLY basic), though I'm not sure that might ever become relevant. If you need another voice actor I'll be happy to help though. Or writing, but you seem to have quite a few of those guys already.

twosage

Oct 22, 2013
"Dressed to Kill"

An action platformer where you play a pair of boxers shorts and each level you must collect your clothes and equipment. You must collect each article of clothing and secret spy gear (adding each one to your ensemble) until you are a full super-spy tuxedo ready to shoot baddies and woo ladies...

Edited one last time. The original idea was better. The floating boxer shorts mascot would just be great for marketing.

Jul 30, 2014
FYI, Conception(I can elaborate, but pretty much everything) and Design(very rough t-o decent concept arts for just about everything), Basic Composition/Lyricist/Singer, Promo Materials(textual), Level Design, Basic Templative Programming, Writer.

I've been interested in game design for the past 10 years and concepting my own original IPs for about 5. My stable currently sits at around 20 concepts for both Tabletop and Digital gaming, many of them possible in either format.

I specialize in epic scale, so I can't be the Lead in anything or things will get very out of proportion very fast. I require a collar and chain to work as part of a team... ;P

And all these willing helpers makes me feel obligated to suggest a site you might all be interested in: Gamesprout.com...

twosage

Oct 22, 2013
Okay, after three or four brainstorming passes, I really love that "Dressed to Kill" game. Seriously, if we don't do that, I'm going to try do that.

Product Placement

Jul 16, 2009
I'm already working on a game myself, using RPG maker, but since I noticed this discussion I decided it would be worth pointing out this Kickstarter campaign to you guys.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bentristem/complete-unity-3d-developer-course

Basically, these two teachers from a coding school in Britain are promising to develop a project based course for the Unity 3D engine. Access to the course is 15 pounds and it's already passed the successfully funded mark + some stretch goals, that promise to add sub courses that will teach how to develop for the Occulus, iOS, Android, Xbox One and PS4 (Base course is supposed to cover Windows and OS). If they get the next stretch goal, which I'm hoping for, they promise to add multiplayer functionality course as well.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I call it...
Moving on up!
It's a game about moving furniture up stairs.
It's about co-op, stamina management, and positioning your arms.

indigo945

Aug 1, 2014
Basically, these two teachers from a coding school in Britain are promising to develop a project based course for the Unity 3D engine.
No offense, but I'd rather not work with people who just learned the tools that will be used. Nevermind that using Unity for an open source project probably calls for terribleness anyway. (Does that even have/properly work with source control?)

I call it...
Moving on up!
I've never been upper with something.

EDIT: Nevermind, twosage suggested something involving superpower socks. Now I can't decide!

ChristopherT

Sep 9, 2010
I'd enjoy throwing in some sprite help.

Nothing amazing but, examples -

http://i.imgur.com/c2PMoKX.gif

http://i.imgur.com/jg6DWFn.gif

http://i.imgur.com/TBwSVfG.gif

http://i.imgur.com/ZHFaP12.png

Kricketz

Apr 25, 2014
twosage said:
"Dressed to Kill"

An action platformer where you play a pair of boxers shorts and each level you must collect your clothes and equipment. You must collect each article of clothing and secret spy gear (adding each one to your ensemble) until you are a full super-spy tuxedo ready to shoot baddies and woo ladies...

Edited one last time. The original idea was better. The floating boxer shorts mascot would just be great for marketing.
Actually, I think a floating tuxedo would be just as cool of a mascot. Perhaps, with a floating martini...or make the martini apart of the ensemble you must collect! Hmm, but it needs a purpose...cool points? Maybe have a "Cool Meter" that allows you to pull off over the top spy moves. Or just make it easier to pull of attacks? Or maybe just increased health?
Hmmm.....

Souplex said:
I call it...
Moving on up!
Ha, I love this idea! I can definitely see this being played with a dual stick game pad. Each hand corresponds to a stick on the pad. L and R triggers represent the players feet. So you have to balance the sticks while walking with the triggers.

You wipe "you're sweat" with B or Circle. If you don't it's harder to balance. Your "Catch your breath" or recover stamina with X or Square. You re-adjust slight footing position with the D-Pad. Ohhooo imagine the harder difficulties...like bigger furniture...or circular staircases!!!

Could possibly cause hand cramps...:p

Thomas McMullin

Aug 1, 2014
Alrighty, so an idea I've had is a RPG, but I'd love to see a mix of Sci-Fi and Fantasy. Like maybe Alien's invade a fantasy world kind of thing. I've never seen something like that done, but have always wanted to. (Unless you count Final Fantasy 4: The after years. Which I don't. That ending was awful.)

Ruuvan

Nublet
May 26, 2009
I have a degree in Games Design from Staffordshire University
I am proficient in 3D modelling (predominantly Autodesk software, which of course would require a license for anything commercial, but I've got a few free programs lying around)
My final year dissertation was in Animation - bit rusty at it now as I'm mainly making static 3D models - but I can do a lot by hand. Doubt we'd get anywhere near a mo-cap studio, eh?

Please add me to the list if possible; sadly my schedule doesn't allow for much time online/forums but I can make time, just ping me a message or something to grab my attention and I'll come running.

Easiest way would be to add me on Steam! Ruuvan (or Ruuvan2003... I forget. Icon is a seal cub with "I club you" above it)

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
I made a google doc where people and put their contact info and also game ideas

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3jIUtk1LCjjT-Pntxn-R5r92-vmBqVsZNYjNVT6Xrw/edit?usp=sharing

The doc is public so anyone can edit it. Once we have everyone's info I'll make it private again.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Whatever game you have in mind, I'll be happy to contribute. I can do some sound assets and music here and there. I wouldn't mind chipping in some voice acting if that's something you're looking for.

Obviously these aren't portfolio-worthy, but to get a feel of my voice just listen to these:

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
indigo945 said:
I call it...
Moving on up!
I've never been upper with something.
Kricketz said:
Souplex said:
I call it...
Moving on up!
Ha, I love this idea! I can definitely see this being played with a dual stick game pad. Each hand corresponds to a stick on the pad. L and R triggers represent the players feet. So you have to balance the sticks while walking with the triggers.

You wipe "you're sweat" with B or Circle. If you don't it's harder to balance. Your "Catch your breath" or recover stamina with X or Square. You re-adjust slight footing position with the D-Pad. Ohhooo imagine the harder difficulties...like bigger furniture...or circular staircases!!!

Could possibly cause hand cramps...:p
If it helps, I've already picked out a themesong.

Angelblaze

Jun 17, 2010
I figure I should throw my hat into the ring...I would like to contribute - my specialties are creative writing and art.

Edit: Dear *gawd* I went back to update my Deviant art to show that 'hey my art isn't crap' and...well...let's just say I realized I've improved.

zerragonoss

Oct 15, 2009
Sounds great so far, I wish you guys luck. I am busy working on a table top rpg, and a Trading card game as my hobby projects at the moment, They are more my speed than a video game any way. I am happy look things over if you want outside eyes at some point. I will second the fact that having good direction and design documents are very important for this type of project.

ExDeath730

Mar 13, 2012
If possible, i would like to help you guys however i can.

I could help with the writing and characters, i've been DM in a lot of RPGs, specially D&D and Storyteller (Vampire, Werewolf and Mage), so i have a knack for creating characters and situations for the player to interact and overcome. Aside from that i can help creating the system, if it's an RPG or even a Strategy game, or Sidescroller with RPG elements, i can help with that since i created some systems for pen and paper, with some help from the coders to make them work it would be nice to create something from the ground up, depending on the team size, of course.

So, if needed, i would love to help.

Black Haze

Sep 17, 2012
Hello!This sounds pretty sweet from what I've read so far and I'd like to offer up what I can as well. Mainly I can help with sound/music since I can read/write with some sheet music and tablature, I'm no grand composer but I can give it a shot plus I play a few instruments(guitar and bass 6 years, and some basic drumming experience) to test whatever out.

Also I've done a fair amount classes on analytically and creative writing in college and I also offer myself as an editor/writer.Plus I'd be interested in voice acting if need be,so if you want me lemme know!

Koji Arala

Oct 7, 2008
Well I admit I'm not sure what kind of time I'd have, but I am bout 3/4th way through my bachelors in Game Art & Design. So far I have more of the art side than design side under my belt (though a decent helping of the design part too). Couldn't hurt to toss my hat into the ring.

EDIT: As a note, been more on the 3d side of things so far, but have some experience making art and designing levels for a 2d space as well. Worked with 3d Max, UDK and Flash.